Why Is Polygamy Frowned Upon By Christians and Others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto. That is why I prefer monogamy over anything else. If a man prefer polygamy, then I want to have more than one husband to even things up.

yeah, if one husband won't have sex with me because he is too busy enjoying his "new" wife. Then I want another husband!

Because one man cannot support all of the children born to multiple wives. Many of the children born in polygamous marriages are receiving federal aid.

Sallylou, when the law was made, was it based on Christianity values?

This country was founded on Christianity. so if it was found on Mormon values , maybe polygamy will be legal and mongamy would be illegal. :lol:

Mormon would not exist if Christians didn't. Their religion was founded from the bible. Same with Jehovah's Witness.

Mormon would not exist if Christians didn't. Their religion was founded from the bible. Same with Jehovah's Witness.

I am not big on religion but I was raising a hypothetical question. It is something to think about.

yeah, someone once asked me a hypothetical question and didn't like my answer. It was if someone came to church with a gun and say renounce your religion or die... I told him I don't know what I do in a situation like that, but I probably would just run.. not renounce. There's no reason for me to stand there and let him shoot me.

yeah, someone once asked me a hypothetical question and didn't like my answer. It was if someone came to church with a gun and say renounce your religion or die... I told him I don't know what I do, but I probably would just run.. not renounce. There's no reason for me to stand there and let him shoot me.

Nobody is saying that you had to renounce it. I am not sure what this is in reference to...

This country was founded on Christianity. so if it was found on Mormon values , maybe polygamy will be legal and mongamy would be illegal. :lol:

When the Supreme Court made that declaration, the Mormons scurried around and later said they were against polygamy but many (maybe sects) ignored that and continued to practice in secret.

Once in a while, you still see discoveries by the authorities in the news but there's very little of that now...or so they say.

And Shel, no, Mormonism is not Christian.

Last edited:
When the Supreme Court made that declaration, the Mormons scurried around and later said they were against polygamy but many (maybe sects) ignored that and continued to practice in secret.

Once in a while, you still see discoveries by the authorities in the news but there's very little of that now...or so they say.

Really? I am just trying to see from the OP's point of view and I kinda understand his reasoning. That was why I threw out the hypothetical question.

Really? I am just trying to see from the OP's point of view and I kinda understand his reasoning. That was why I threw out the hypothetical question.

Sure, you can try to see the OP's view but the fact remains that's just not of America.

Sure, you can try to see the OP's view but the fact remains that's just not of America.

That is what boredom from having cabin fever does to me. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back