A Question For Homosexuals

Can I ask a Question too, please. there are actual medical test that can be performed to determin if a person is male or female, even the one hundred years old dead in a grave can be tested to show either male or female. there are test that show, without even seeing the person, if the person is black, white, etc. There are no test, to my knowledge, that prove a person is born straight, gay, trans, etc. So my question to all is: "How can you prove someone is born gay?" I have nothing at all against gays, as I do socialize wtih gays, both deaf and hearies, weekly....I am only looking for a logical conclusion.

Only some psychologists can do diagnose with homosexuality and you will be asked to answer many of questions about it, just like OCD, ADD, mood swing, etc.
Homosexuality and psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=28531

Homosexual is not a choice and I had very hard time to convert to straight so numerous time but all thwarted and failed so I decided to accept as bisexual and happy with it.

Ahh....may I ask a question, pls.?....What are the "signs" of a child/teenager being "gay"?....I've got my suspicions, but again, I'm not really sure. One of my sister's only son is a Transexual.....but then again, being born gay is not genetic, is it?....Perhaps maybe so more by choice?....Are there any signs to be watchful for?....I don't mean treating the person like a "freak"...but just trying to get a better understanding of why gays act they way they do.

I'm trans. I can tell you what the signs were for me. I thought I was a boy as a kid and finding out I had the "wrong parts" was really depressing to me. I wasn't sporty but I hung out with other boys as one of them. I was naturally tomboyish, viewed myself as male, and nothing made my day more when people "mistook" me for a boy (something my parents weren't so crazy about.) I came out to my parents as a butch lesbian and then a year later as female to male trans.

Everyone is different but for gayness only, the main thing is who your child gets feelings for. It's true some lesbians are more masculine and some gay guys are more feminine, but not all of them are, and some straight girls/boys can sometimes be pretty androgynous, so it's best just to go by who you find your child crushing on. They might not tell you but you can usually figure it out the same way you would with any kid.

Don't forget some people are bisexual or another orientation so they might have "elements" of gay and straight or some other combination thereof. :cool2:

To answer the original question, the vast majority of gay/lesbian/bi/trans people are biologically GLBTQ. Meaning it's either genetic or some hormones in the uterus or something beyond their control. A minority of people decide that dating the same sex or transitioning is easier for them for whatever reasons, but that becomes tricky territory cause it can sometimes be because they're hiding from some other pain and not being totally honest with themselves. From what I've heard, gender therapists are much less willing to allow the latter category to transition. Honestly, I've never met a gay, bi, trans, or other type of queer person who didn't feel that way for as long as they can remember.

:wave: Aqua I appreciate that you are just honestly questioning-

the majority of people I know in the GLBTQ <gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender/queer community believe we have always been whatever we identify with in our hearts or deep down - that is, most of us are born that way and one doesn't "become" anything. Now that doesn't mean every single person but most of the folks I know, including myself as bisexual. Most of the time it is not a choice, because being "not straight" and/or living in a relationship where one's partner is of the same sex or gender as you, is actually very difficult in most areas and one is subject to different or hurtful treatment even by "authorities", so I believe the idea of "lifestyle" or "choice" is inaccurate. Now some trans folks "choose" to eventually embrace who they believe they actually are and undergo the process to be the correct gender for them. But one could say they're "choosing" the process, not the identity or the idea of being transgender or intersex or queer.

This is a good point. I'm transgender but I've chosen not to go through with the surgery process for many reasons, including financial and medical. This isn't too uncommon because a lot of people can't afford SRS (it's not covered by insurance and many people don't have insurance) and some people who already have a lot of health issues either don't want to add more to their plate or are advised by medical professionals not to transition.

Ahh....may I ask a question, pls.?....What are the "signs" of a child/teenager being "gay"?....I've got my suspicions, but again, I'm not really sure.
I'm not sure how to describe the sign but it's like this - (to put it crudely) a "fag hand".

skeletorFagHand.jpg

One of my sister's only son is a Transexual.....but then again, being born gay is not genetic, is it?....Perhaps maybe so more by choice?....
well - it's controversial at best but IMO - you can be born gay because of genetic flaw that makes you gay.

but if not, yes you can become gay by choice. It's all about how open you are. It's just like a heterosexual man preferring to date BBW (Big Beautiful Woman) over thin woman.

Are there any signs to be watchful for?....I don't mean treating the person like a "freak"...
lol! funny question to ask but I think it's pretty obvious, right? :hmm:

but just trying to get a better understanding of why gays act they way they do.
as TheWriteAlex said - does it matter? :) everybody (including heterosexual) acts the way they act. They may look eccentric, weirdo, nervous, etc.

ah - CJB. I always forget about transgender but it's a rather complicated issue for me to discuss about. I only know that people don't feel right at some point in their life.

Good thing you're here to explain!

ah - CJB. I always forget about transgender but it's a rather complicated issue for me to discuss about. I only know that people don't feel right at some point in their life.

Good thing you're here to explain!

I've heard a lot of people gay/bi/some transgender say the same. They always felt different but didn't pinpoint it until later. It's not uncommon for transsexuals to know which sex they identify more with already by age 4 or 5 though. I think because being transsexual is a gender identity whereas gay/bi is a sexual orientation. It takes having crushes and being in relationships to figure out you're gay/bi.

My old boss changed after a failed marriage. She said she always wondered why she felt different, but being that her father was a prominent physician and very well known, she did not ask. She got married and felt totally repulsed when hubby came into the bathroom to use the toilet while she was brushing teeth. Also said sex with a man was totally disgusting and dirty. She is now in a very comfortable relationship with another lady who mad been married and had 3 children and is now a grandmother.

Another co-worker in the office says he was born gay. He has been in a relationship with the same man for the last 23 years. They are very happy and say they were both born that way, and both very open with their families early on and had a lot of support. I know that's totally unusual I hear, but They had no problems. They travel to North Dakota (10 miles from Canadian border) yearly to visit the partner's family for Christmas.

...She got married and felt totally repulsed when hubby came into the bathroom to use the toilet while she was brushing teeth....
I think it's gross for anyone of any sex to use the toilet while someone else is brushing his or her teeth in the same room. That just seems rude. Ugh!

My old boss changed after a failed marriage. She said she always wondered why she felt different, but being that her father was a prominent physician and very well known, she did not ask. She got married and felt totally repulsed when hubby came into the bathroom to use the toilet while she was brushing teeth. Also said sex with a man was totally disgusting and dirty. She is now in a very comfortable relationship with another lady who mad been married and had 3 children and is now a grandmother.

Another co-worker in the office says he was born gay. He has been in a relationship with the same man for the last 23 years. They are very happy and say they were both born that way, and both very open with their families early on and had a lot of support. I know that's totally unusual I hear, but They had no problems. They travel to North Dakota (10 miles from Canadian border) yearly to visit the partner's family for Christmas.

good gracious. I would be disgusted too if somebody came in to use toilet while I brush my teeth. even a hot girl. Lady plz - wait till I finish my business.

Can I ask a Question too, please. there are actual medical test that can be performed to determin if a person is male or female, even the one hundred years old dead in a grave can be tested to show either male or female. there are test that show, without even seeing the person, if the person is black, white, etc. There are no test, to my knowledge, that prove a person is born straight, gay, trans, etc. So my question to all is: "How can you prove someone is born gay?" I have nothing at all against gays, as I do socialize wtih gays, both deaf and hearies, weekly....I am only looking for a logical conclusion.

How do you prove someone is born straight?

Oh well, dunno. I do believe some of em are born gay just as how some of em are born straight or whatever else.

I am also curious to as of why some animal engaged in homosexual behavior too. Is it by their choice or were they coded by their DNA to do that? (Yes, animal does it too, not just people).

As for born transgender, there was a study show that brain size for those are different. Like having female brain size in male's body or vice versa.

I think it's gross for anyone of any sex to use the toilet while someone else is brushing his or her teeth in the same room. That just seems rude. Ugh!

I think the worst part was, she was sitting doing her business and he walks in and says he "can't wait, split the legs and leg me pee as well please". Major Ugh!!

I think the worst part was, she was sitting doing her business and he walks in and says he "can't wait, split the legs and leg me pee as well please". Major Ugh!!
That was one crude dude!

My Hubby and I respect each others' privacy in the bathroom.

That was one crude dude!

My Hubby and I respect each others' privacy in the bathroom.

She left him on the wedding night. Never consummated the marriage. She just walked out and went home. Explained to her parents and her father is the one who picked up all of her stuff.

uh.... and I thought PFH was the most disgusting man. if he can't hold it that bad, he should just pee into bottle or something.

:ugh:

Wirelessly posted

To the person who asked: I believe there isn't hard evidence yet as to how to determine if one is straight or gay, but there are correlations. It all has to do with components of the brain and its chemistry. I can't remember the specifics, but I have notes on it from a project I had to do, and I can tell you about it when I get home!

And I gotta say, that man you all are talking about is totally disgusting. It's not surprising that your friend would swear off men after that! Haha, just kidding. :)

How do you prove someone is born straight?

Oh well, dunno. I do believe some of em are born gay just as how some of em are born straight or whatever else.

I am also curious to as of why some animal engaged in homosexual behavior too. Is it by their choice or were they coded by their DNA to do that? (Yes, animal does it too, not just people).

As for born transgender, there was a study show that brain size for those are different. Like having female brain size in male's body or vice versa.

That is my point!!! You can't prove a person is born straight and you can't prove being born gay/bi/trans. So why do people say "I was born gay" when they can't prove it. I can say I was born deaf because I can prove it, there are acceptable test to prove me right. The only thing left, logically, is to say that straight/gay/bi/trans is a choice.

Back