My bother got married and I'm sad

I LOVE this idea! Even just the once a month would be great. And it's true I sort of have a sister now (his wife), which is nice because I'm the only girl in the family, well, was lol.

I'm thinking it will get better for me emotionally when school starts again, my last year of college and I may be able to finish early and graduate in December. Then Veterinary College. So I'll be busy. I know it won't take the place of having us all together every day, but it'll be a good distraction until I'm over missing him.

I was hoping you will :)

I did some reminiscing, and remembered how insanely jealous I was of my sister's husband once she got married. and she got married rather late in life, so it was really hard for me to get used to not having her around.
Her first vacation with her new hubby at my place was huge disaster.

She wanted to travel here and there, sometimes for three -four days at a time and I insisted she stays with me all the time.
She had her eyes and ears only for dear new hubby, none for me and I felt so... discarded and unimportant.

Eventually things went from bad to worse, and we never recovered.
With time, she moved from her city to where I live, but during almost 10 years of her living here, she never ever asked me out for even one lousy coffee alone - just the two of us - always dragged her stupid husband everywhere with her.

Some of it is my fault. I should have told her what I need.

That's why I think it is important you should talk to your brother and remind him,
that while you understand he is excited about his new wife and has responsibilities toward her and those are his first and foremost,
YOU are STILL his sister, and you deserve some time ALONE with him, and if his wife objects, he should stand his ground (up for you as well) and explain to her that when she married him, she also married his FAMILY.

I agree once a month is probably better, and quite enough.
After all the sad truth for us is, a married couples does have priority toward their own families -not us siblings, parents etc.

And I agree, once you throw yourself into busy life again, you'll be simply too busy for anything else :)

I was also wondering, perhaps hanging out with the other siblings would be a good idea for you?

last but not least - I love that you love animals - I love them, too!
darn my old computer got broken and I lost my files, otherwise I'd show you my Aussie doggie!

Maybe there are still some old photos of mine on the Pet's forum, hmmm

Fuzzy

I was hoping you will :)

I did some reminiscing, and remembered how insanely jealous I was of my sister's husband once she got married. and she got married rather late in life, so it was really hard for me to get used to not having her around.
Her first vacation with her new hubby at my place was huge disaster.

She wanted to travel here and there, sometimes for three -four days at a time and I insisted she stays with me all the time.
She had her eyes and ears only for dear new hubby, none for me and I felt so... discarded and unimportant.

Eventually things went from bad to worse, and we never recovered.
With time, she moved from her city to where I live, but during almost 10 years of her living here, she never ever asked me out for even one lousy coffee alone - just the two of us - always dragged her stupid husband everywhere with her.

Some of it is my fault. I should have told her what I need.

That's why I think it is important you should talk to your brother and remind him,
that while you understand he is excited about his new wife and has responsibilities toward her and those are his first and foremost,
YOU are STILL his sister, and you deserve some time ALONE with him, and if his wife objects, he should stand his ground (up for you as well) and explain to her that when she married him, she also married his FAMILY.

I agree once a month is probably better, and quite enough.
After all the sad truth for us is, a married couples does have priority toward their own families -not us siblings, parents etc.

And I agree, once you throw yourself into busy life again, you'll be simply too busy for anything else :)

I was also wondering, perhaps hanging out with the other siblings would be a good idea for you?

last but not least - I love that you love animals - I love them, too!
darn my old computer got broken and I lost my files, otherwise I'd show you my Aussie doggie!

Maybe there are still some old photos of mine on the Pet's forum, hmmm

Fuzzy

Wow I'm sorry things went from bad to worse for you.:hug:

I have one other sibling, he's 24 and not married, still lives at home, but he's leaving tomorrow to a documentary in Ireland for 2 weeks, so there he goes, too.:bye::tears:

And YES I adore animals, all animals, but I confess I especially adore dogs of all kinds. I want to dedicate my life to helping them. They are God's sweet gifts to us and I have no tolerance for people who mistreat animals.

I HOPE you find some pictures of your dog to show me and all of us. That would make my day!

Wirelessly posted

I have one brother , all it will do is make me rant . He gets married and can't afford it. He was married , divorced and re married . His wife, is bossy and moves in to destroy HIS family!

Be blessed your sibling has a good spouse and not out to destroy it.

Wirelessly posted

Yes, you have gained a sister. You have not lost your brother. Take it from someone who lost her only sibling (brother) to cancer almost 7 years ago. Enjoy your brother's company when you can together with your new sister-In-law, you will find that he is still your brother who teases you etc. that won't ever change.

Just wait till your brother start come kids .. then you will be there favorite aunt!! :P

His wife, is bossy and moves in to destroy HIS family!

:jaw:

Wirelessly posted

Yes, you have gained a sister. You have not lost your brother. Take it from someone who lost her only sibling (brother) to cancer almost 7 years ago. Enjoy your brother's company when you can together with your new sister-In-law, you will find that he is still your brother who teases you etc. that won't ever change.

Wow. This puts things in perspective. Yes, I have not lost him. In fact, everything is going great. I was so worried about the change in the family, but my sister-in-law is really good to me, and my brother has not changed since he has gotten married. He is still really there in my life, so I was worried for nothing.

Just wait till your brother start come kids .. then you will be there favorite aunt!! :P

Oh I can not wait!!!! :fingersx::fingersx:

Back