Need help with chemistry!

Taurus

Reaction score
sighs.. I have to do 51 equations for chemistry lab!
But i'll pick some and show ya..

Just wondering if these are right!.. Sorry if i cant make lower case of numbers.. but u can understand the concepts..

If i do anything wrong.. show me what I did wrong and why?

thanks!

(a) + (b) =
a = NH3 (aq) b= BaCl2(aq)

Molecular Equation:
NH3(aq) + BaCl2(aq) → BaH3(aq) + NCl2(aq)
Ionic Equation:
N3+(aq)+ 3H-(aq) + Ba2+(aq) + 2Cl-(aq) → Ba2+(aq) + 3H-(aq) + N3+(aq) + 2Cl-(aq)
Net Ionic Equation:
N/A
No Reaction

(a) + (c) =
a = NH3 c = CoCl2

Molecular Equation:
NH3(aq) + CoCl2(aq) → CoH3(aq) + NCl2(aq)
Ionic Equation:
N3+(aq) + 3H-(aq) + Co2+(aq) + 2Cl-(aq) → Co3+(aq) + 3H-(aq) + N3+(aq) + 2Cl-(aq)
Net Ionic Equation:
Co2+ → Co3+

(a) + (d) =
a = NH3 d = CuSo4

Molecular Equation:
NH3(aq) + CuSo4(aq) → CuH3(aq) + NSo4(aq)
Ionic Equation:
N3+(aq) + 3H-(aq) + Cu4+(aq) + So4-(aq) → Cu3+(aq)+3H-(aq) + N3+(aq) + So4-(aq)
Net Ionic Equation:
Cu4+ → Cu3+

Try call Albert Einstein, his number is 800 O its E M2 (800 648 7362) and he might help you

Oh, yikes! I am not that good with math. :ugh:

ooh I remember these, having to balance equations. I did fairly well with them when I took Chemistry in HS but its been quite a while I doubt I would be of any help to you.

I think the first thing you need to do is fix the fact that you're writing H-. Your hydrogens should never really have a negative charge. Even though NH3 is aqueous, I thought it didn't dissociate. It generally acts as a weak base, gaining another H+ to become NH4+. I'm pretty sure when you write the ionic equation, it either doesn't break up, or you write it combined with the water in the reaction as the ions NH4+ + OH-. I haven't checked my solubility rules in a while, though. :Oops: Hope that helps!

No no, DieHardBikers right, there is another Einstein but it is Jnr. Ask him ;)

I bet you $5 that my former chemistry teacher in high school wouldn't solve this.

Im betting mine would. He was (and still is) a damn fine chemistry teacher. Our first experiments was making small nitrogen bombs. Of course this was pre-9/11 as well.

Back