"I love you"/"I luv ya"

Is there a difference in meaning between "I love you" and "I luv ya"?

• Yes

Votes: 55 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 20 19.6%

• Total voters

Malfoyish

Reaction score
Just wondering - do you think there's a difference in meaning when somone says "I love you," as opposed to "I luv ya?"

Explain your reasons here - and thanks!

Malfoyish

I vote No.. it the same thing I would say to people ily or i love you or i luv ya...

and I love you too Malfoyish!! ;)

Love is a hard word for men to say..so it doesn't matter either way. Love and luv yah same damn thing.

I think they are different, love is more intimate, luv is more casual. I luv my bike but I love my mom :)

coffeeeeman said:
Love is a hard word for men to say..so it doesn't matter either way. Love and luv yah same damn thing.

If you recall the movie, "Ghost", Sam couldn't say "I love you" back. He always said "Ditto." to Molly. Saying the three simple words, "I love you." can be so hard for a person to say.

coffeeeeman said:

It's actually hard for women too, you know. :)

Socrates said:
If you recall the movie, "Ghost", Sam couldn't say "I love you" back. He always said "Ditto." to Molly. Saying the three simple words, "I love you." can be so hard for a person to say.

I remember that.. I love that movie!

I think all meanings are the same except expressing saying it with your own comfort. Love is Luv. ;)

Socrates said:

Amen to that.... I have a very, very hard time saying that 7 lettered sentence. It really has to be at the right moment, and meaningful. I've had a few guys say that to me, and I look shell-shocked when I hear that -- and it takes a long time for me to actually say that. Instead before I can do it, I might go "Luv ya" it's more casual, I suppose. And friends say that to friends, don't they? Other times, I go "ditto" -- yup, just like Sam.

For some reason, "love" is a very powerful word for me. My heart flutters or skip a beat whenever I hear it mentioned to me. Even from family members. When the ILY sign shown by friends and others at me, you might notice that I freeze for a moment and then grin/smile back.

Maybe I suffer from some anxiety when it comes to "mushy" stuff. Even some of my friends and those who have gotten to know me really well (those I dated for awhile/close to) laugh about it, knowing how bashful I get.

i say yes it does mean different things

"luv" is like others have said -- casual while the word "love" is something with meaning, emotions and etc -- i use the word "love" for my honey ofc along with close friends of mine who ive known for a long time while i use "luv" for material things or ppl who i know as acquaintences and feel comfy saying luv them -- i think it all depends on each individual and their perceptions and use of either word

*checks* yep yep Jamie is right -- it is 8 letters :lol:

Sweet KJ -- mistaken forgiven :lol: :D

pinkster said:
Isnt it 8?

*counts* :wiggle:

I s'pose it could be seven too...(I luv you), Or eight for (I love you). Or three (ILY) or not even spoken at all! :ily: Or it can be numbers - 143? :) :rofl:

Interesting, eh?

pinkster said:
Isnt it 8?

*counts* :wiggle:

*counts on my fingers* Duh me.... :Oops: yeah it is 8.

Oh boy, and I got a Basic Reading and Math test tomorrow so I can be on my way to teaching... tsk tsk.

I used to say 831 to my friends when we had alphanumeric pagers... Sometimes I think I did say 731 by accident too. Dang.

8 = letters, 3 = words, 1= one meaning.

Well, for me is a beautiful word to saying...
"I love you"...

"I luv ya" sound bit "rough" word...

We texted each other with short message with cell mobile phone ILY... or luvxxx

I think it´s difference between I love you & I luv ya...

I vote yes... :D

i think theres a vast diffrence... we say 'aww ya luv me realy' or i 'luv ya realy'... but to say ' i love you' has far more implications

I think it depends on how and when it's said. I've had a bunch of women say "I love ya!" That's only a friendly "love" that they are just saying since they are close friends of mine. However, when it's my girlfriend... then it would mean something different.

Some interesting replies here... :)

For me, "love" is a more personal and intimate word, and I rarely use it with that spelling unless I mean it. "Luv," however, is less bold, for lack of a better word. Like some of ya, I use it with acquaintences...folks that I am not 100% familiar with. So yes, it does have more meaning to spell it properly than to spell it, "luv."

Malfoyish

Husband rarely use verbal when say I love you or I luv ya we always use the ily sign (I am on sidekick at hospital can't use that ily emticon thru here grrr lol) anyway very rarely he will use his voice to say luv ya as he always say that aww now it makes me realized I miss hearing that voice of him saying luv ya hehe.

Wendy

Back