Does make of TV effect CC?

CSign

Reaction score
My mom is having Comcast come over to fix a problem, and I told her to have the person help with the CC that doesn't work on one of the TV's. She told me that Comcast said it's that TV that won't allow for CC. That makes no sense to me. The CC works fine on the other TV's, but if he's in that room the CC needs to be on.

Has anyone heard of the make of the TV not allowing for CC? It's a Viseo I think...

If the TV receiver is connected to the TV through the HDMI, then the odds are you may be unable to turn on the CC through that video input at all. On the TV receiver, there should be an option to turn on CC. It's right there in the manual, if not, the information would be on the internet.

If the TV receiver is connected to the TV through the HDMI, then the odds are you may be unable to turn on the CC through that video input at all. On the TV receiver, there should be an option to turn on CC. It's right there in the manual, if not, the information would be on the internet.

I don't think my parents still have the manual, but checking on the Internet isn't a bad idea.

Does HDMI hinder CC abilities? We had DirectTV and HDMI connection on our TV and the CC worked. We just switched to Comcast, and I haven't been able to get the CC to work on our TV's either. I need to call Comcast to figure this out.

Thanks for the input.

I don't think my parents still have the manual, but checking on the Internet isn't a bad idea.

Does HDMI hinder CC abilities? We had DirectTV and HDMI connection on our TV and the CC worked. We just switched to Comcast, and I haven't been able to get the CC to work on our TV's either. I need to call Comcast to figure this out.

Thanks for the input.

The TV's HDMI video inputs often don't give you the option to turn on CC. This is a very common problem.

DirectTV has a built-in CC decoder, so the CC is rendered within the TV receiver. Then it is conveyed as an image through the video signal to the TV. The TV has no role in decoding the CC on any DirectTV receivers.

You've been busted by

sallylou-albums-posted-picture5364-grammarpolice.jpg

This one's for PFH:

sallylou-albums-posted-picture5363-effect-effect.png

Weird because the album is public. I'll try again:

Csign got busted by

grammarpolice.jpg

This one's for PFH:

effect_an_effect.png

If I used the word incorrectly, ok.

Why the double standard?

I've used comcast cable boxes with regular cable, DVI and HDMI and I have always gotten closed caption through cable, but you have to turn it on at the cable box not the TV.

If your TV still does not have closed caption when you use a HDMI cable and CC is turned on at the cable box, you have an outdated cable box. I'd just bring it to the store and get the latest one they have, they should swap it out for free.

I'm not an English major, Csign. I had to look this up when I was editing my kid's college essay. Relax. Grammar people are funny in a nerdy way.

Back