Love or hate Valentine's Day?

Which?

For me, I hate Valentine's Day, period. I'm thinking about smoking cigarettes and getting drunk at some bar.

Well, here's the obvious question, then. Why?

You can say that everyday to someone you love , you don't need a holiday and a Hallmark card to tell someone you love them.

Valentine's Day — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

this is some interesting facts about Valentine's Day

It must be nice to be able to tell ALL ur friends, family, spouse, SO...even ur pets "everyday" I love you and ur so special to me"....As for myself, my family lives in different states and we don't talk everyday....I send them an ECard....and only talk to them twice a month.....

Valentine's Day is special to me & my family, as it's always been. Even one of my sisters, her birthday is Valentine's Day.....Even when I was a kid, it was a special day!...And it remains so in my heart.

Valentine's Day is also special to those who have a gf/bf...a "special one." If my hubby or SO did not give me something for Valentine's Day, I'd feel slighted.....So, no matter how some people don't like Valentine's Day, for whatever reason, then too bad...it does mean a lot of those of us who enjoy it.

I always hated Vday... we used to celebrate it by having all the single women come to my house and we would eat chocolate and watch horror movies.

Then, 5 years ago, my dad died on Feb 13... and now it still sucks, even though I have been married 4 years.

BUT we did have fun going out for Mexican this year!!!!!

I don't love or hate it. It's another day. It happens to fall the day after my wedding anniversary. Other than that, it's a day like any other. Hubby and I are not "romantics". Not enough money for that and too many medical issues. We do what we can.

Its pretty indifferent for us as well. To celebrate, this year we took the kids for dental cleanings, woohoo! hahaha

It must be nice to be able to tell ALL ur friends, family, spouse, SO...even ur pets "everyday" I love you and ur so special to me"....As for myself, my family lives in different states and we don't talk everyday....I send them an ECard....and only talk to them twice a month.....

Valentine's Day is special to me & my family, as it's always been. Even one of my sisters, her birthday is Valentine's Day.....Even when I was a kid, it was a special day!...And it remains so in my heart.

Valentine's Day is also special to those who have a gf/bf...a "special one." If my hubby or SO did not give me something for Valentine's Day, I'd feel slighted.....So, no matter how some people don't like Valentine's Day, for whatever reason, then too bad...it does mean a lot of those of us who enjoy it.

I was never big on sending cards out to people and the cost of cards are insane today! $4.00 for a card! What a rip off!

Ate dinner at a Chinese buffet restaurant with the family...yum yum. I am eating white-chocolate filled Lindt truffles as I type this.

Don't love or hate the day, but it is just another day where we are obligated to buy anything pink or chocolate-flavored for our significant other, and hope that we get rewarded later with a "happy ending"....

I love it and my hubby decorated my car with Valentine's this am while I was getting ready for work. As soon as the little one goes to bed, we are going to have a romantic time with each other. :)

I wonder how many people that hate it would change their mind if that "special someone" came into their life..?

I love it and my hubby decorated my car with Valentine's this am while I was getting ready for work. As soon as the little one goes to bed, we are going to have a romantic time with each other. :)

Lucky Lady!...

Neither love it nor hate it. I am indifferent and not sentimental or romantic.

My poor husband is both romantic and sentimental, however. After thirty years of marriage he's still trying to find romantic gifts I would like, and I am still telling him, "I like practical. The necklace is cute, but we can't afford it and I really wanted a mop."

Well, I'm a single lady, but I do have teenagers....and they gave me a card and a small box of chocolates....and they also gave their girlfriends a balloon and some chocolates and a card.....So, the way I see it, giving a Valentine card to anyone is cool....just showing them that they are special to you....you love them and they are close to ur heart.

Not a darn thing wrong with that.

I love it. I have to say my hubby is very romantic. He knows how to touch my heart still after 25 years.

Ah, this thread almost killed me. Im not a romantic guy at all and Im so proud of that. I dont hate or love VD. It's just another day.

Neither love it nor hate it. I am indifferent and not sentimental or romantic.

My poor husband is both romantic and sentimental, however. After thirty years of marriage he's still trying to find romantic gifts I would like, and I am still telling him, "I like practical. The necklace is cute, but we can't afford it and I really wanted a mop."

Same for my husband. I'm not into jewelry, perfumes and other things women generally want for gifts. Though flowers are ok (but I would tell him 1 rose is as pretty as a dozen). He had courted me with roses so it was tradition for him to send me roses for V-day & our anniversary.
After a few years he stopped buying the jewelry, etc for birthday & Christmas and bought me practical things. At least I wanted some things he'd enjoy shopping for. Tools for MY toolbox, electric tools and a staple gun.

Same for my husband. I'm not into jewelry, perfumes and other things women generally want for gifts. Though flowers are ok (but I would tell him 1 rose is as pretty as a dozen). He had courted me with roses so it was tradition for him to send me roses for V-day & our anniversary.
After a few years he stopped buying the jewelry, etc for birthday & Christmas and bought me practical things. At least I wanted some things he'd enjoy shopping for. Tools for MY toolbox, electric tools and a staple gun.

Reminds me of roses. I didn't get my girlfriend a rose for Valentine Day. Never have. Never will. Why get roses because everyone else is doing the same??? Roses cost money and it'll last only few months. I got my girlfriend a pink Bears t shirt. You know that if you buy a pink Chicago Bears shirt, some money goes to support breast cancer. No need for a rose just because it's traditional. Call it thinking outside the box.

Back