It must get tiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a point Jiro. I did not use enough restraint in that moment, although I have been practicing restraint the last number of days here.

It was just the same old comment that always seems to weasel it's way into the threads.

This thread had nothing to do with Audism. Why someone brought it up is beyond me. You all know my reference was not in regards to anyones "speech abilities."

Get lost. :) That way we won't be arguing then this place will be much more peaceful.

You seem to be the one thinking it needs to change. The Deaf don't. If they did, it would have changed a long time ago. This is a Deaf forum. See the problem?

As Jiro said, this has apparently come up many times in the past so I am not the only one thinking this way. I'm sure the people who "liked" my post feel the same way, otherwise they wouldn't have "liked" it.

Deaf 14, dissenter wanting changes to a Deaf forum: 5. Looks like change is being voted out in this poll.:P

But, I don't recall anyone saying that AD was a democracy.:laugh2:

As Jiro said, this has apparently come up many times in the past so I am not the only one thinking this way. I'm sure the people who "liked" my post feel the same way, otherwise they wouldn't have "liked" it.

We're not tired... Because.... We are passionate to correct other people way of thinking.

Amazingly, I've mentioned that I was tired once... And I got MASSIVE support in PM's and that's why I stuck around.

You people who sent me the PM's know who you are.

Since then - I do not feel any bit of fatigue. Not once.

You have a point Jiro. I did not use enough restraint in that moment, although I have been practicing restraint the last number of days here.

It was just the same old comment that always seems to weasel it's way into the threads.

This thread had nothing to do with Audism. Why someone brought it up is beyond me. You all know my reference was not in regards to anyones "speech abilities."

I know it wasn't. I just thought Beowulf's comment was funny.

A little argument makes people think.

Re bolded statement above: that is my point. This has clearly been an ongoing problem, and it would be nice for us to work together to make a change.

In terms of the kitchen being too hot... Well, if it were too hot for me I would have left a long time ago. I'm here with a purpose, and nothing will change that.

yes. the only solution, as mods/ADers recommended on numbers of time, is to use ignore button. very simple.

Same principle applies to real life events. Do you go and engage every single Westboro Baptist Church protester and say "it would be nice for us to work together to make a change"? Well guess what? These people are there with a purpose and nothing will change that either. And you as well so this thread is pointless.

Yep. Other hearing audists have brought it up. They got the same response as you are getting. No one really cares what you think or what changes you think are necessary. Exert your free will and don't participate in what you dislike. Stop trying to get other people to change to meet your needs.

Deaf 14, dissenter wanting changes to a Deaf forum: 5. Looks like change is being voted out in this poll.:P

But, I don't recall anyone saying that AD was a democracy.:laugh2:

Benevolent dictatorship? ;)

I know it wasn't. I just thought Beowulf's comment was funny.

A little argument makes people think.

I can explain why I brought up audism. Hearing poster dictating how a Deaf forum should operate and how the Deaf should behave. Smacks of audism to me. Same old same old attitude of "do it like I do it. You would be so much better off."

Hopefully, a little argument makes people think. It does most of the time here. In fact, I have been thanked for it on numerous occasions. Never by the hearing,though, lol.

I can explain why I brought up audism. Hearing poster dictating how a Deaf forum should operate and how the Deaf should behave. Smacks of audism to me. Same old same old attitude of "do it like I do it. You would be so much better off."

I understand. I really wasn't arguing. I just thought it was funny.

I saw it exactly like that. I had no objections.

Yeah, they are in here helping you out, too, aren't they?:laugh2:

I have more "like" than you so just saying that this is same ole' same ole' and what I've just said above is what mods have said many times - "ignore button. use it."

and mods have repeatedly said that if the posts are insulting or offensive to you, report it and they will take care of it. if you're not satisfied, well then.... you drama queen? :lol:

When did hearing people start to decide what kind of a forum AllDeaf was supposed to be? That is something best left to the Deaf/deaf around here.
Isn't this just another case of a hearing person dictating what is proper in a Deaf environment based on their own needs? Can anyone say "Audism"?:laugh2:

We all know you can.

Are you making mockery of some of our members' speech abilities????? :shock:

From the looks of this CSign is not making a mockery of anyone's speech abilities. She is saying that we all know that Jillio can say "Audism". I don't think anyone can question that given how often Jillio uses the term.

oh my... it's getting tiring to see people spam-liking my posts :roll:

posts reported.

I understand. I really wasn't arguing. I just thought it was funny.

I wasn't really explaining for your benefit, either. I figured you got the reference.:wave: I was explaining for those that see audism as something only connected to speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back