Do You Dream In Sound or In Silence?

deafannieboo

Reaction score
Ok, I was asked by a relative if when I dream, do I dream of sounds and speech and stuff in my dreams or is it like my real life. In other words are you deaf in your dreams?.....
I realized that some of my dreams are of sounds that I remember from my hearing life. Sounds that I use to hear but no longer do. Most of the dreams I remember in the morning are silent. So I ask you, do you dream in sound or silence?

Have fun and remember to keep this friendly!! no argueing pls.......:ty:

I can hear some sounds only when I am wide wake, like listening to the music, for instance but dream in silence. How strange... I never thought about it.

Never thought about it either...but know I dream, in sound...I have musical tennitus also....

yeah i thought it was fascinating that my little cousin asked me that. i dont know why it seems like such an eye opening question but i thought, hhmmm, wow what a question!! i mean i never even thought about it. i dont know what made her even think of it. she amazes me sometimes. ahh, to be young again.

Interesting, I do find that I dream in sound and music despite being born deaf but I can hear sounds with HA's and the CI.

Hmmm I'm not sure now. Both I guess. But I do sign a LOT in my dreams

I do think that I usually hear sound in my dreams... but the sound is usually very low.

very interesting guys. keep it up. its neat to see peoples response to this..... have fun and enjoy!

I honestly don't know.... I think i do dream in sounds.... I'm not sure as I can't really remember.

even though been born deaf i have always dreams in sounds cos it a wishful thinking that one wishes to hear what it sounds like.

Back