Are you sure your VP number is in National Directory

Interesting. Nifty one to let us know if ours is registered on the national database.

But... there is not a disclaimer on that site, I would be cautious with providing our telephone numbers. Not every of us are interested in their products and don't want to be bothered by telemarketers trying to sell us their products.

Brian, you misunderstood about the national database itself.

Zvrs and other VRS providers do not own the national database so it's really a neutral national database that serves for all VRS providers in order to complicate for the 10 digital number vp users and callers... videophone users call p2p and/or VRS whether one uses vp200 or mvp or z340 to call.

I'm mere sure that they don't expose those numbers registered in the national database for anyone aka telemarketers to steal and bother you or anyone via vp. Only VRS providers have the database access, I believe. I will ask someone for more information about it to be sure.

However, you (Brian) might have a good point that it should include a disclaimer on that site. I just say that it is really nothing for you to worry about exposing your or anyone's 10 digital numbers even if you or anyone test them into it since that the national database is a NEUTRAL database that no VRS provider even Zvrs owns it, like I previously said.

I think it's still "new" and is in developing now but not so sure yet.

It's what I could find via a search engine that it explains some more details about the national database at: SWCDHH Video Communication Program

What’s with the fuss about 10 digits phone numbers for videophones?
Confusing terms like TN, LNP, 10 digit numbers, IP, etc.
By Frank Mounts​

FCC issued an order for all VRS providers who distributes their own version of videophones (such as VP100, VP200, MVP, OJO, Z videophone, and VPAD) to start using real phone numbers starting after December 31st, 2008.

TN = Ten numbers or LNP = Local Number Portability means real 10 digit phone number that equals what hearing people use to call each other, an example may be: 360-555-5078

All VRS providers are working hard to configure their platform to work with a national database, called NeuStar. The database allows for all VRS providers who distributes their own version of videophone to share local numbers with each other instead of using “fake” or proxy phone numbers.

Basically, it would allow for a hearing person to call you on your videophone by the use of local 10 digits phone number. Hearing people will be automatically connected with a video interpreter, who will call you on your videophone device — AND videophone users can call you on that same number from ANY videophone devices that are designed for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. This service is paid for by FCC.

That is a great news! Now we can be functionally equivalent (equal) with hearing people with thanks to FCC. You can give out your local phone numbers to doctors, tax consultants, banks, stores of any kind without the need for extension numbers which makes our life a lot easier. The problem that existed before the numbering order was:

* Hearing people hangs up or does not accept your calls because their caller id “show” a company calling and thinks, “telemarketer” when in reality it was you that made the call.

* Instructing hearing people that are confused about the need to enter extension numbers.

* Being unable to put down extension numbers on paper forms or online forms.

* Taking quite a while for hearing people to connect call to your videophone when they need to go through series of steps in order to call you.

* Getting no calls from prospective employers where you applied for a job and put down a toll-free number with extension numbers.

FCC says that you have 6 months (June 30th, 2009) to obtain a real local number from your VRS provider. VRS providers will no longer process your VRS calls if you have not yet obtained a local number. I would recommend you contacting your preferred VRS providers as soon you can to obtain a local number.

Brian, you misunderstood about the national database itself.

Zvrs and other VRS providers do not own the national database so it's really a neutral national database that serves for all VRS providers in order to complicate for the 10 digital number vp users and callers... videophone users call p2p and/or VRS whether one uses vp200 or mvp or z340 to call.

I'm mere sure that they don't expose those numbers registered in the national database for anyone aka telemarketers to steal and bother you or anyone via vp. Only VRS providers have the database access, I believe. I will ask someone for more information about it to be sure.

However, you (Brian) might have a good point that it should include a disclaimer on that site. I just say that it is really nothing for you to worry about exposing your or anyone's 10 digital numbers even if you or anyone test them into it since that the national database is a NEUTRAL database that no VRS provider even Zvrs owns it, like I previously said.

I think it's still "new" and is in developing now but not so sure yet.
web730, ZVRS (CSD/CSDVRS) runs the site. CSDVRS competes with Sorenson, Sprint, Purple and so on, so it isn't really an neutral site to have people checking their numbers. FCC or someone neutral should be handling this, not CSD, Sorenson, Purple, etc.

web730, ZVRS (CSD/CSDVRS) runs the site. CSDVRS competes with Sorenson, Sprint, Purple and so on, so it isn't really an neutral site to have people checking their numbers. FCC or someone neutral should be handling this, not CSD, Sorenson, Purple, etc.

Did you read the one with the quote and link (post #5) that I posted above? It explains clearly.

It explains away that Zvrs or any VRS providers do NOT own or run the national database but NeuStar does. FCC is covering for its fees for NeuStar to run it. Yes, Zvrs participates but not running the national database except that link which the op provided, ofc.

I'm sure that Purple and other VRS providers will be forced to participate as well. Well, FCC demands it... like it or not, Brian.

Sorenson refuse to participate yet, apparently... that's one of their main reasons why they request the local number portability (10 digital numbers) deadline to delay. Sorenson dreads of the date of Nov. 12, 2009! :lol:

Did you read the one with the quote and link (post #5) that I posted above? It explains clearly.

It explains away that Zvrs or any VRS providers do NOT own or run the national database but NeuStar does. FCC is covering for its fees for NeuStar to run it. Yes, Zvrs participates but not running the national database except that link which the op provided, ofc.

I'm sure that Purple and other VRS providers will be forced to participate as well. Well, FCC demands it... like it or not, Brian.

Sorenson refuse to participate yet, apparently... that's one of their main reasons why they request the local number portability (10 digital numbers) deadline to delay. Sorenson dreads of the date of Nov. 12, 2009! :lol:
We posted at the same time so I didn't see it until you asked me. But, still, don't you think VRS providers are able to see the logs of numbers typed in?

We posted at the same time so I didn't see it until you asked me. But, still, don't you think VRS providers are able to see the logs of numbers typed in?

Good question... Still I think it doesn't make any difference, of that much at least about the logs of numbers typed in that site maybe. I don't know. :hmm:

I am sorry to say that ...

It not because the FCC delay it due Sorenson isn't ready...

You just need to understand how VRS number work and how that netural work.

VRS number is run by Neustar that ZVRS link is total up to date. It nice to have that information but it source to javascript and run by php that won't tell me everything. Just link with javascript to document the Neustar's result to find out whatever that ten digits number is working or not.

The Neustar have VLog about what default VRS mean and it explain very clarify as same Sorenson. I have seen Purple and ZVRS explain what default provider mean.

What it seems be missing all VRS try to avoid the 'technical' stuff that customer may overwhelm with term "MAC ID" or "Physical Address" to run on one number not muilt different number for one machine. It seems the FCC goal want that IP Address become not our issue anymore such as hassel deal with firewall issue.

It similar with cellular phone has phsycial address on each device that run on IP Address while we don't have to deal with it.

I think that great deal and challenge our VRS can prepare for realized to real world. I believe that hearing people will have videophone like rest of us and it may be BIG deal to VRS provider who design their own product such as MVP or VPAD or the VP200 and those are big chance for Hearing people can have those with quality device and again ten digit number too.

if you want proof source about Neustar's VLog, just let me know and will link that to Neustar VLog website

web370 wrong
Soresnon not file a delay request. purple snappyvrs zvrs sprint want delay because ip relay isnt done.

Soresnon want deadline june 30. not dread it is purple snappyvrs zvrs sprint DREAD.

all vrs provider use nuestar nubmer database for calling other provider vp.

Not to sound paranoid- but being in IT field- brain has a point. We as united deaf Americans need a neutral site to check our numbers in the national registry. We finally just got our equivalency with local numbers. We finally have the chance to use any videophones we want. We finally can use more then one videophone on the same Internet IP address from the ISP provider using Sorenson and purple products. Now we need the rest of the VRS providers to catch up. At this time, we can use more then one MVP and only ONE vp200. When is Sorenson gonna let us use more then one VP200 like MVP does?

if u try call sorenson vp to mvp it will not work because of sorenson will not allow

before it work but sorenson had been change it

if u try call sorenson vp to mvp it will not work because of sorenson will not allow

before it work but sorenson had been change it

it does work . you need to check the router settings for port forward in both mvp and vp200/100 . Also It's possible your sorenson vp did not get a local number yet, its probably using a fake proxy number.

Yep I am on the list... I'm superised my buddy called me on my MVP, I finally got his SVP phone nbr, no need to store the IP addy. But I haven't test to call out to SVP's phone nbr yet on my MVP..

look in vp200 setting network ports can set 4 vp200 on one ip address just same mvp already one year

I know- i saw that but its not enabled yet for the general public. Anyone knows how to bypass it and use the listening port on sorensonvp now ?

wow, I had 3 numbers and only one was good. I contacted purple and they are fixing an issue. That was nice to post the site. Thank you. I had not realized that the old 866 numbers were being phased out.

I saw the router issue posted elsewhere in the forum, also in technologies.

Back