asl classes in massachusetts?

sima1289

Reaction score
aaah! i keep forgetting about this forum! :Oops:

anyway, i was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that does reputable asl classes for college students. i'm 99% sure my college doesn't, and the only college that i know of that does asl classes is northeastern, and that's an hour away.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! :-D

anyway, i was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that does reputable asl classes for college students. i'm 99% sure my college doesn't, and the only college that i know of that does asl classes is northeastern, and that's an hour away.

are you close to BU? It has excellent deaf program

jiro: no...bu is a little more than an hour away from me. but thanks! :)

webexplorer: thank you so much for the link! :)

i mapquested all of the different schools, and it looks like northeastern is, in fact, the closest school to me that has an asl program. does it accept students that are currently enrolled in other colleges, though? *crosses fingers*

jiro: no...bu is a little more than an hour away from me. but thanks! :)

webexplorer: thank you so much for the link! :)

i mapquested all of the different schools, and it looks like northeastern is, in fact, the closest school to me that has an asl program. Does it accept students that are currently enrolled in other colleges, though? *crosses fingers*

Ask a college administrator with your questions. I would probably say yes with your question above.

Northern Essex college has classes , is in Haverhill Ma.

Northern Essex Community College is easily accessible from throughout the Merrimack Valley region. The rural Haverhill Campus borders Kenoza Lake and is just one minute from exit 52 off of route 495. The Lawrence Campus locations are located in the heart of the city less than 10 minutes from exit 41 off of route 495 or exit 46 off of route 93, and the college’s new Corporate and Community Education Center in North Andover is located less than five minutes from exit 48 off of route 495.

i emailed someone from northeastern...he said that they DO accept students from other colleges! YAY!

:ty: everyone! :-D

wow, thought this thread was dead! haha

update: my college just hired a new dean of performing arts (our old dean retired over the summer), and this new guy is fluent in sign language (he's hearing)! i asked him if he would be interested in helping me set up a sign language club on campus (because in order to have a club here, you need a faculty member to supervise), and he said yes! he said he'd even bring in some deaf professionals! i'm really excited!

if the club gets started this semester, i'll probably try and do a class at northeastern next semester, when i (hopefully) won't have as many classes :). if not, there's always the summer and next year :-D

How exciting that you found what you wanted to be! I hope that you enjoy it. Good Luck!

Back