What states are the cheaper place to live?

I know its cheap to buy land and home here in Arkansas.. but others i dont know..

u can buy 3 acres with home for 40,000 dollars.. so depend on what is on the market.. alot of nice lands for sale here and very cheap ..

SmileyGin said:
I know its cheap to buy land and home here in Arkansas.. but others i dont know..

u can buy 3 acres with home for 40,000 dollars.. so depend on what is on the market.. alot of nice lands for sale here and very cheap ..

Right.... Gas and groceries are about same as other places in country from my experience (comparing small town in AR to far suburbs of Chicago, IL), but housing and land is very much cheaper, as well as taxes.... Taxes for my mom's home in IL are over $4000+ a year, but for a house here that's same size and with more land, taxes are only less than $1000.

South Dakota (i'm sure not many people
want to live there )

How come cheaper in Arkansas ? Why ?

SmileyGin said:

What about living in the "deaftown" in S. Dakota??!! Its way out in nowhere so it will be cheaper. :D Generally it is cheaper to live out in the country than in the city--something to think about.

California and all the east coast states are very expensive to live so stay away from those. ;)

sillycat said:
What about living in the "deaftown" in S. Dakota??!! Its way out in nowhere so it will be cheaper. :D Generally it is cheaper to live out in the country than in the city--something to think about.

California and all the east coast states are very expensive to live so stay away from those. ;)

I wouldn't live in South Dakota. No way.

Why NOT ?
FYI: Not even only one cockroach live there.

LuciaDisturbed said:
I wouldn't live in South Dakota. No way.

The cheaper places to live are places generally where the population is stable or losing it. Places that are "hot" meaning everybody and their uncle is moving there is not the place to look (if you do, you will have to live way...way out there). Also, where they are not urban either. Urban always tends to be more expensive than the surrounding area.

Exactly rite (just like what Diehardbiker mentioned
about Supply and Demand boost the prices)

sr171soars said:
The cheaper places to live are places generally where the population is stable or losing it. Places that are "hot" meaning everybody and their uncle is moving there is not the place to look (if you do, you will have to live way...way out there). Also, where they are not urban either. Urban always tends to be more expensive than the surrounding area.

I guess its New Orleans because its below sea level? Too much risky!!!

On thing baffled me why its expensive to live in California such as San Francisco because of the earthquakes? Too much money on house insurance etc.

Off topic - Funny thing to think about as it is very expensive to buy houses near the sea in Australia, BUT it is dirt cheap in Great Britain !!!

FelixKat930 said:
Ahh really.. interesting! :) What about Indiana where I live now?
Nothing is going to be cheap to be honest with you! Indaina is a little bit cheaper than SC.... But there isn't much different.... Maybe $ 5 more.. Thats all! But I suggest you to maybe rent apts or townhouses.. It's much cheaper...... May I ask what your hubby do for a living? Maybe I can give you ideas?

My husband works at the meat market. He wants to go to college in the fall for Business management and Accounting. He wants to set up his own business.

RoyalMajesty said:
Nothing is going to be cheap to be honest with you! Indaina is a little bit cheaper than SC.... But there isn't much different.... Maybe $ 5 more.. Thats all! But I suggest you to maybe rent apts or townhouses.. It's much cheaper...... May I ask what your hubby do for a living? Maybe I can give you ideas?

FelixKat930 said:
My husband works at the meat market. He wants to go to college in the fall for Business management and Accounting. He wants to set up his own business.
well there is good colleges down here in the south... But you also can get a good job without going to college... Like maybe applying to be a UPS or AMERICAN EXPRESS or at the Airport..... There is a quite few that he could get lucky to make some good $$$... But first get a apt which is cheaper and have him apply for those jobs and once you settle in and got decent money then look for a bigger place or a home to own

Back