What health care reform means for your business

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if subjected to layoffs to drop below the 50 employee minimum?

What if it causes businesses to fold if fed up with the regulations? People will be out of work.

Yiz

If they drop below the 50 employee minimum, they will not be required to provide insurance.

I know, it means these people could be fined for not having insurance. And I don't think they should be fined at all.

Absolutely. Attributing the wrong consequence to the wrong cause. The focus needs to be expanded.

Exactly. Remember, the majority of people is stoopid. They don't really bother to educate themselves and adapt to progressive changes.

And they talk about small businesses - well, what about industrialized countries? I see plenty of them.

I know, it means these people could be fined for not having insurance. And I don't think they should be fined at all.

Oh they should be. How would you feel if you end up paying for their stupidity?

Oh they should be. How would you feel if you end up paying for their stupidity?

Did you see the link I was referring to? they just have a different method of paying healthcare. Why do insurance have to run in certain way in order for it to be consider as insurance?

Unless they have an exemption as determined, they are subject to the same laws as everyone else in this country.

Did you see the link I was referring to? they just have a different method of paying healthcare. Why do insurance have to run in certain way in order for it to be consider as insurance?

Because all things have to fit a specific criteria to be called what they are.:roll:

Exactly. Remember, the majority of people is stoopid. They don't really bother to educate themselves and adapt to progressive changes.

And they talk about small businesses - well, what about industrialized countries? I see plenty of them.

Yep. And all with access to health care.

You don't really care about majority of people to the point you call them stupid.

No, netrox is just saying that stupid people have to obey the law, too.:P

I am still learning a lot about this. I want the health care reform to pass but not at the expense of people. If it is fair to business and their employees, then I am all for it. If there are some aspects to it that can hurt people, then I would like to see amendments to it. I am sure it is not going to be perfect science at first.

lol... if the 50 people is true... I can see small companies splitting up into different companies to avoid paying.

My family's company is very easy to split up. I might as well drop the idea by.

I see a loophole. Drop all to PT workers, problem avoided.

Yiz
Some businesses use independent contract workers only, rather than hiring them to their company.

Some businesses use independent contract workers only, rather than hiring them to their company.

Yep. The IRS may crack down harder on this but there is a way to beat it legally. Have your workers get a DBA and pay the business name....Perfectly legal. You still 1099 the same way. Another idea is to share your labor with friends you might have in the business. Temps and interns could work too. People will just have to think harder now.

Yep. All perfectly legal, Txgolfer. If businesses cannot make a profit to survive because of idiots in Washington they will certainly fold. Need to retain as much money as legally possible to survive and continue the business.

Independent contractors are considered to be self employed, are they not?

Yep. The IRS may crack down harder on this but there is a way to beat it legally. Have your workers get a DBA and pay the business name....Perfectly legal. You still 1099 the same way. Another idea is to share your labor with friends you might have in the business. Temps and interns could work too. People will just have to think harder now.
As a terp, I do all my business as an independent contractor.

As a terp, I do all my business as an independent contractor.

Excellent. Most of my people were contract labor.

I have a PA now. She is contract labor as well

Contracting is big business. I'm taking a 40 hour course this week on contracting to be a contractor's officer/inspector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back