Jane Seymour's mother passed away at ages 92 years old dues strokes

sara1981

Reaction score
Actress and dancing with the stars Jane Seymour's mother passed away at ages 92 years old dues strokes
Jane Seymour’s Mom Passes Away at 92 - Fall TV Watch

Actress Jane Seymour’s 92-year-old mother, Mieke Frankenberg, passed away in England on Monday due to complications from a stroke she suffered earlier this year, Seymour’s rep tells PEOPLE.

Seymour, who has made a splash on this season’s Dancing with the Stars, will miss tonight’s live results show as she is currently en route to England to be with her family and attend funeral services.

“My mother survived incredible challenges…her health issues that she never complained about….three and half years in a Japanese concentration camp in World War II and the loss of her husband John who was the love of her life,” Seymour said in a statement today. “However, she was always a beacon of love and hope for all she met and especially for my sisters Anne and Sally and for our entire family. Her spirit was indomitable and will continue to live forever in our hearts.”

The 56-year-old actress told PEOPLE in August that a big reason she decided to take the DWTS challenge was because it was her mother’s favorite show.

“The only show she would never miss, apart from Dr. Quinn, was Dancing with the Stars,” Seymour said. “I told my mother on the phone that I was going to do this and she hadn’t spoken or even said wa wa wa or even had interest in living for quite a while. And she suddenly went, ‘wa wa wa wa wa!’

“My sister was holding the phone to her ear and she said, ‘My gosh, Jane, she’s trying to say something and she’s got this big smile on her face. I haven’t seen her this excited.’ So I said, ‘Mommy, I want you to know I’ve decided to do this and I love you very much and I just hope that you’ll be proud of me.’ And she went ‘yes!’ That’s the first word she’s spoken since the stroke. Since then she’s started drinking and eating…bizarre as it may seem, she’s my secret angel and I’m going to do this for me and for her.”

im felt sorry for her and her family also

same mine when my grandmother who passed away last July dues Strokes and im still missed her very much but i cant thinking of my grandmother very much! but i will still in my grandmother's hearts very much ever.:| but im okay now

strokes!? is that more than one stroke????? :eek:

yeah Jane will missed show for funeral of her mother's i know its hard for her but strokes not easy!

Check again - Stroke (with no - s) means one stroke... but you said STROKES in bold.... you said that the woman has suffered MORE than one heart attack?

Check again - Stroke (with no - s) means one stroke... but you said STROKES in bold.... you said that the woman has suffered MORE than one heart attack?

I will look Stroke means okay?

Also called: Brain attack
A stroke is a medical emergency. Strokes happen when blood flow to your brain stops. Within minutes, brain cells begin to die. There are two kinds of stroke. The more common kind, called ischemic stroke, is caused by a blood clot that blocks or plugs a blood vessel in the brain. The other kind, called hemorrhagic stroke, is caused by a blood vessel that breaks and bleeds into the brain. "Mini-strokes" or transient ischemic attacks (TIAs), occur when the blood supply to the brain is briefly interrupted.

Symptoms of stroke are

Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg (especially on one side of the body)
Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech
Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
Sudden severe headache with no known cause
If you have any of these symptoms, you must get to a hospital quickly to begin treatment.

MedlinePlus: Stroke

National Stroke Association: What is Stroke

Stroke is the third leading cause of death in America and the No. 1 cause of adult disability.

80% of strokes are preventable; you can prevent a stroke!

A stroke or "brain attack" occurs when a blood clot blocks an artery (a blood vessel that carries blood from the heart to the body) or a blood vessel (a tube through which the blood moves through the body) breaks, interrupting blood flow to an area of the brain. When either of these things happen, brain cells begin to die and brain damage occurs.

When brain cells die during a stroke, abilities controlled by that area of the brain are lost. These abilities include speech, movement and memory. How a stroke patient is affected depends on where the stroke occurs in the brain and how much the brain is damaged.

For example, someone who has a small stroke may experience only minor problems such as weakness of an arm or leg. People who have larger strokes may be paralyzed on one side or lose their ability to speak. Some people recover completely from strokes, but more than 2/3 of survivors will have some type of disability.

Back