Netflix Closed Caption ?

Heath

Reaction score
Anyone using Netflix ? Which DVD has closed captioning ?

The name of movies you know definitely has C.C. or subtitles. :deaf:

Pretty much every movie page on Netflix tells if the DVD has CC/subtitles. For example, if you look at the page for "V for Vendetta" then scroll down, the left column says "Closed Captioned" (with logo) and it also has English, French, and Spanish subtitles. If you look at the page for the new "Star Trek" movie, it says it has English subtitles, but it does not say Closed Captioned.

No closed caption, this issues is already overrated! :roll:

Looks like it's going to happen at some point this year. When it does, I will be happy, but Netflix won't get any sort of thanks or pat on the back from me. This is looooonnng overdue, IMO and should have been in place from the very beginning.

Looks like it's going to happen at some point this year. When it does, I will be happy, but Netflix won't get any sort of thanks or pat on the back from me. This is looooonnng overdue, IMO and should have been in place from the very beginning.

I hope Netflix does this. They could incorporate this symbol.

I'm Netflix customer and they don't have CC or subtitles information on website so you have check with Amazon or do research on websites before you add movie to queue.

CC symbol is come back, yike so check out.

I'm Netflix customer and they don't have CC or subtitles information on website so you have check with Amazon or do research on websites before you add movie to queue.

This is completely false. I just checked 10 movies from my queue, and 8 of them said right on the main page that they have subtitles and/or CC. The other 2 simply are not subtitled/CC (checked on Amazon like you suggested).

If a DVD is subtitled or CC, Netflix DOES tell you.

Yes, we all know that streaming (Netflix Instant) doesn't have it. But the DVD pages DO TELL YOU if they have it.

The Netflix streaming CC is a joke. As far as I know, they've barely added any new streaming titles with CC after the initial 100, which were basically just episodes of LOST, which you can already see on Hulu. Whoop di do.

Thanks, Netflix... NOT

Just FYI, if anyone is interested, this is one way to get subtitles for streaming netflix movies: http://www.alldeaf.com/captioning-s...software-overlay-subtitles-over-anything.html

Until they get them for most movies?

Damn am I glad I found this thread! I've figured out how to get subtitles on ALL Netflix streaming movies!!!!

Took a little bit of time to figure out the process and get the software working, but now I'm watching movies on streaming that I've been waiting for months! So awesome!

Damn am I glad I found this thread! I've figured out how to get subtitles on ALL Netflix streaming movies!!!!

Took a little bit of time to figure out the process and get the software working, but now I'm watching movies on streaming that I've been waiting for months! So awesome!

Dang, I am envious. I have Netflix but only watch foreign films for the subtitles.
Do you have to be an expert programmer in order to work the downloads, or what? I feel a bit of apprehension about trying it myself, being a computer dummy, lol.

Dang, I am envious. I have Netflix but only watch foreign films for the subtitles.
Do you have to be an expert programmer in order to work the downloads, or what? I feel a bit of apprehension about trying it myself, being a computer dummy, lol.

It was easy enough for me, and I have no programming experience whatsoever. Anyone who is halfway competent with a computer can do it. Feel free to PM me and I'll walk you through the steps. :)

Back