Any recommendations of which digital aids best resemble analogue?

Wow. Thank you Analogue.

That made me feel better and has given me some hope.

I had recently been fitted with another Siemens BTE Motion aid which was first tuned to resemble an analogue as close as possible. It was alright, but voices were still a bit too soft, and other sounds too loud. As my audio started to add digital features to address the first lot of issues, I started to get really bad feedback ring to most sudden sounds.

Make sure they are using the thickest earmold tubes possible. I've had that problem which is solved by using a thicker tube. The sound levels are so high that the sound feedbacks right through the tube. It's like you can put up a sheet of plastic to divide a room in half, and yet you can understand the person on the other side of the sheet. How about when you build a standard stud/drywall wall? Problem solved.

Another good suggestion, thanks green427. Some time ago I did conduct a search on the Internet if could buy analogue aids and saw many made in China. However, I believe part of the success of getting aids (digital and analogue) to better suit you is the adjustment to settings that your Audi does to the aids. But I'll do another search, perhaps on ebay as suggested.

You are 100% correct.

If you are daring like I am, you can open up the adjustment dials on your old aid and look at the arrows. All analogue hearing aids have two or three dials, and if you get a new analogue aid, you can match those dials up, which is what I did.

I used to collect old hearing aids and scavenge parts to make one good one.

Unfortunately, most hearing aids are now made in China or Hong Kong. Still, you can get a new Siemens digital aid via ebay for less than $500. Problem is that you need to bring it to an audi for programming, and they will not be happy about that.

(sarcastically) You should pay $4000 for a new aid anyway...the corporate CEO's need new sprinklers for their Bonsai gardens.

Back