Things to Do that do not cost much money

Here's my views of things to do

walk in the city park and do nature photography=few bucks depending on driving distance

ride bus around town and go store browsing=less than $5

fly a kite on a windy day=depends on what kind of kite you can afford to spend on

drive a RC car on a parking lot or in a city park=if you already have one, it doesn't cost much...if you don't, you're screwed!

Hang out with friends=a few bucks, depending on what activity

Watch people in a busy downtown area=a few bucks depending what transportation mode you use.

Go to the movies=no more than $10 at most theathers plus transportation expenses (except those deaf people are screwed due to no captioning at any time)

Make videos of trains in a busy area=a few bucks, for sure....only if you're a railfan!

Great place to see sunset at west coast.
You are from South Carolina - how can you stand to see sunrise at ocean in the morning?

I am not joke - I know my town and next town.
Some places do not allow to feeding ducks & geese. At Moorestown, NJ - they do not allow to feed ducking because poop pollution & lazy to look for food & lazy to fly away.

How much cost to drive to mountain? Not under $10
Is safe place to car parking at mountain. Some people break in your car

Fly a kite - It is not free - you need to buy something to make kite then fail to fly. Still no fun with fail.

Just be creative with things, people make their own kite to make it free like SG pointed out below.

still problem: many deaf people live in city or suburb - not great to see stars - best way go far away from suburb - still cost of gas.

There's always a place to view of stars everywhere, the only thing that blocks our view is the clouds :)

More sleep - too many hours make you sick. Or, I think you are lack of motivation or depressed
Physical Side Effects of Oversleeping

Please don't assume that I have lack of motivation or depression. I work a lot hours and also graveyard shift in the past.

Still cost of drive to beach, Hard to find car parking durung summer season. If, your car parking at wrong place - they may tow your car away or big fine

My cousin did call someone to tow cars away from their property. Watch out nasty homeowner.

There's beach houses and people walk on beach for free, and there is public parking nearby. I live about an hour from the beach, and it's not that bad here.

Softball free? Do you know how much cost to buy bat, ball and glove.
3 or 4 players are no fun. Need more players.
If, you play at backyard. Be careful with homeowner's window or glass.

No computer/internet = Priceless!!!! :)

Surfing: free? Can you give away free surf board? I wannna one

Another way to make a free kite is using free local newspapers, and sticks from tree and a very long string. Just make your own kite. :)

Mischievous pranks - PRICELESS!!! :thumb:

:ty: people can be creative in making a kite ;)

take the bus to the nearest park and go for a walk.

Spring clean your place and donate useless things that have been lying around

Go to the mall with friends and sample on free make-up to get a make-over

If u live in Phx, crack an egg and watch it cook on the sidewalk. That was always fun to do as a kid.

look for free or low cost classes being offered at home improvement stores, bookstores, arts/crafts stores, library, and local college..take the classes and learn something new!

Go to outdoor festivals if one is being hosted nearby.

Great place to see sunset at west coast.
You are from South Carolina - how can you stand to see sunrise at ocean in the morning?
The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. One can see the sunrise on the ocean from the eastern coast of South Carolina. One can also see the sunrise and sunset on the ocean from a coastal island. One can also see SC sunrise and sunset on the waters of lakes and marshes.

Still cost of drive to beach, Hard to find car parking durung summer season. If, your car parking at wrong place - they may tow your car away or big fine.
We park at the Isle of Palms beach for $5 per day in a parking lot.

Whats wrong with the good old fashion game? Ummmm? Or do you all fail to see my humour?

Tsk! I'm outta here! BYE!

Why not? It is good exercise which many of us, adults, are probably in desperate need of, anyway.

Only one problem with the old fashioned games. It takes more than one person to play. Motivating others can be a challenge. :)

This November my hubby and I have been playing "Old fashioned" games for 25 years. Still not hard to motivate.:naughty:
However having had 7 children this activity was definately not free because payment is much later! .:giggle::lol::cool2::laugh2:

im just talking about me.

Darkage: softball- free, know why? sponsor my team, thats how i got it free. Surfing is free? know why.. because i owned surfboards and youre welcome to borrow mine, as long you dont dent or crack on AND wax it.

Playing pranks- PRICELESS.. aye, i agree!

If there is a hospital near window shopping, they usually have complimentary (free) coffee in cafeteria. Our hospital also has a very large chillie and nacho cheese dish for $2.00!
When I need to get out by myself for the day this is a cheap thrill!

trading for stuff : I make colloidal silver water, (natural antibiotic) and trade it for stuff.

Go walk a local trail with a light 5 pound daypack - water, granola bar, keys, cell phone, and map. Add a poncho if the skies are cloudy.

Go to a state park - where I live there are 26 godzillion options. I have Lake Dardanelle, Mt Magazine, Petit Jean Mtn, Mount Nebo, Ozark National Forest and Ouachita National Forest. All within an hour's drive.

Instead of renting or going to the movies, make your own movie night. Pop in a favorite movie, pop some butter popcorn, dim the lights and have 'concessions' in the kitchen such as mini candy bars.

Dance to your favorite music.

Wash your car by hand. Sure it is work, but you get a nice workout, and your car looks super clean and you feel better afterwards.

Read a book.

Round up a family game of flag football. If your short on players, invite the neighborhood kids to join. Use old dishrags for flags by stuffing them in your beltloops or pockets.

If the weather isnt conducive, start a family board game of scrabble, yahtzee, or heck even Texas Hold Em' Poker. Use change as your chips.

Draw on the driveway or sidewalk with some sidealk chalk. You dont have to have kids to enjoy this. If your creative, wow your neighborhood with your art.

Go to a high school football game and root for the home team.

Have a potluck meal once a month with friends, rotating at each person's house.

Go to an outdoor festival or bazaar.

play darts.

smack a tennis ball off a wall and keep playing this one man 'paddleball' against the wall.

look up a project online and build something new.

learn origami.

Back