What Is the Big Deal With Gay Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug5

Reaction score
Why are some people against this? For example, lets say 2 gay people youve never met and most likely never will meet, decide to get married. What business is it of yours? Why would you even care?

I know..my thinking exactly.

everyone regardless of their orientation has a right to be in love.

I went to a same-sex wedding back in September. It was a nice wedding, it was just an ordinary outdoor wedding and reception. Everybody had a good time.

Some people love to force their hang ups on other people! I think gay marriages should be allowed, it would help create more jobs and get more money flowing
into the economy . People spend a lot of money on their wedding and less people are getting married today so allowing gay people to get married would made up for lost income to businesses that relies weddings to made an income! People need to stay out of other people lives! Live and let live!

I agree with what everybody here put...

in the West or U.S., people have generally been socialized to believe a myth of a certain behavior pattern, and especially in religious terms. People may not have thought of any other way or seen something besides what they're used to. So they have all biases and misperceptions.

This kind of sums it up. (click on thumbnail to read more clearly)

Attachments

• 306951_254855554550261_184414518261032_626924_81375638_n.jpg
    306951_254855554550261_184414518261032_626924_81375638_n.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 20
People figure it's their duty to run the country in the only "correct" way: According to their own moral code. Somehow, if gay people marry, it affects them, and then their children will be taught to embrace beastiality and pedophilia, and then the whole country will go to ruin, all because someone married someone else of the same gender.

People figure it's their duty to run the country in the only "correct" way: According to their own moral code. Somehow, if gay people marry, it affects them, and then their children will be taught to embrace beastiality and pedophilia, and then the whole country will go to ruin, all because someone married someone else of the same gender.

beastiality and pedophillia doesnt involve consenting adults. Comparing gay people getting married to those things is extremely insulting

Why are some people against this? For example, lets say 2 gay people youve never met and most likely never will meet, decide to get married. What business is it of yours? Why would you even care?

because they cannot make baby :eek3:

should old people not be allowed to get married cuz they cant have children either?

...putting on flame suit ....

Here it is in a nutshell. Mom and Dad, Aunt and Uncle, Grandma and Grandpa.

The FAMILY unit. It has always been this way.

Allowing same sex marriages will lead public educators to teach children that same sex marriages is NORMAL.

It is not "normal" - homosexuality is a sexual deviation. Many have tried, in vain, to claim it is not a deviation (but it is).

That does not mean that homosexuals are inferior, should be treated with scorn, mocked, etc. It is just a deviation from what is considered to be the family unit.

Same sex unions are NOT a marriage. Marriage has always been a religious ceremony, and I can say this right now, there are no scriptural teaching religious sects out there that condone same sex marriages.

I anticipate that any church, temple or mosque that teaches homosexuality to be wrong will be accused of hate speech.

There it is, in a nutshell.

Actually marriage has, until fairly recently, been primarily about economics (and whatdidyousay! made a very good point regarding that above) and procreation (which Doug5 made a good point about and, I'd add, when the worlds getting so overpopulated why do we need to be concerned about making babies anyway?)

The world has changed, society has changed, so our old rules and ideas need to be adjusted.

Oh, also- you claim that its not "normal"? Despite the fact that there is a large minority of homosexual and bisexual people? Does that mean that racial minorities are not "normal"? What about left-handedness? Start being too concerned about whats "normal" (which only means what the majority happens to be) and you find yourself on a very slippery slope.

Oh, also- you claim that its not "normal"? Despite the fact that there is a large minority of homosexual and bisexual people? Does that mean that racial minorities are not "normal"? What about left-handedness? Start being too concerned about whats "normal" (which only means what the majority happens to be) and you find yourself on a very slippery slope.

Up until the 1970's homosexuality was considered a sexual deviation (which it is). When the APA was under attack from gay rights activists who used bully techniques to redefine the medical classification for homosexuality, the APA crumbled under pressure.

Those same bully techniques are being used against persons of faith to redefine marriage.

Suppose you have a minority of people who claim the color of the sky is green. The sky is not green, it is blue. Suppose this group of minorities use a social political movement to redefine the color blue to also include the color green. They set out to "medically" define it - to give it a sense of validation. They then set out on belittling anyone who opposes their definition.

That does not make the color of the sky green. The sky is still blue.

Here is a fairy tale to illustrate this point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/whisper.htm

Last edited:
Why are some people against this?
God commanded that marriage is for one man and one woman. That's His perfect plan, as stated in the book of Genesis, and reiterated throughout Scripture.

The Bible also condemns homosexual behavior as sin. Allowing legal sanction and social acceptance to sin encourages more of the behavior.

should old people not be allowed to get married cuz they cant have children either?

Old men can have babies they just need a younger woman! Pablo Picasso had a baby when he was an old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back