Do you think technology is advancing too fast?

Yes, I think technology is advancing too rapidly.

We have not adequately addressed the problem of what to do with the technology it replaces. We do not recycle enough and a lot of old tech contains hazardous chemicals that nobody wants to touch.

I learned that at retirement homes or nursing home, they use wii to exercise. I ever wonder without nurse's help, how would old geezer figure it out since their mind thinks the way they learned back olden time. :lol:

I show my dad who is 76 year old the HTC EVO. He looked at it like it just a pieces of brick :lol: Eventually, I show him how to turn on and showed him the pix and I told him just swipe the pix. He go it figured and fiddled around.
My mom said it's over her head using the EVO. I told her it's pretty simple finger swipe and tap.

I ever wonder all of Y generation retired and living in their 70's, 80's or 90's would be using advanced technology without a hitch, because of habit of using technology what they learned on hand for long time. Bet their grandkids would be shocked that they know how to use it from their "rasin" brain. :rofl:

:lol:

Catty

my father is 80 y/o, he's a retired Air Force and retire Dr of Nuclear Medicine where he part own Nuclear Med dept in Towson Hospt. He still love to play with all the creative idea lilke using power point, video imaging and use e-mails a lot. When I show him iPhone 4 using Skype and other application.. he said, "Oooooh... I should trash this laptop! iPhone is lighter! I can carry it around while I can watch Carol (my mother since she has Alzhiemer)" So, I don't see any problem with my father using all the new technology.

new high tech advance? Too fast? Naw.

Not until I see car turn hover, tiny pizza into large with instant machine, use trash as our fuel for vehicle, hoverboard, shoes that tie itself for you, coat dry and fit for you, and everybody have videophone to talk and more what you seen on "Back to the Future II" where it exist 2015. If they don't... They fail, mofo...

How did I know somebody was going to make a reference to Back to the Future II? :lol:

Anyone ever see the movie "2010, the Year we Made Contact"? Technology didnt move fast enough to make this movie a reality cuz it is 2011 and we havent made contact with anyone. LOL!

Yes, I feel that way sometimes because I feel overwhelmed with all the new stuff that is out there and as a teacher, it is stressful trying to keep up with the digital natives (our students) so we can use all the resources they value in the classroom setting.

I can image that. Funny, every time I visited my kids schools to meet the teachers and all like that. I feel something wierd about the classroom setting and i couldn't figure it out for a LONG time. Until My girl mentioned it to me last monday after I asked her if she's ok when schools' power outage went off for a while. My girl said, "yes I am ok, oh smartboard went off" It went flying through my head! ME DUH!!!" They don't have black board ANYMORE so no wonder I smell the classroom so different because of NO chalks there. :roll: me duh me duh! LOL So smartboard is a real cool!

Yep, My college use smartboard and it's pretty cool and easy to show a info off from internet to show how it work.

It is not that we are advancing too fast with technology, but that we are advancing improperly. NASA has repeated warned us that a space storm from the Sun's flares will cripple us, but what is being done? Nothing. We go on our merry way while chatting on the Iphone.

It is not that we are advancing too fast with technology, but that we are advancing improperly. NASA has repeated warned us that a space storm from the Sun's flares will cripple us, but what is being done? Nothing. We go on our merry way while chatting on the Iphone.

It's easier that way. :cool2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdSHeKfZG7c&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Il était une fois... les technologies du passé.[/ame]

What's happen when your kids play around with 80's technology and do they will know or not?

Do I think the technology is advancing too fast? Nah
Why? I am Gen Y.

I felt the same thing cuz when I got my 24' iMac aluminum the last model then somehow 27' iMac came out.. I was like already?!?!

Back