Capital punishment on children and teenagers

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had found out that in Iran but they did executed on many teenagers, around under 18 years old and not know about children, probably never do it.

For me, I'm AGAINST on capital punishment on teenagers but Iran did executed 2 guys (one is 15, other is 17) for being homosexual and 16 years old girl for small crime or so.

Look at picture on below, also they are homosexual.
Irangay_teens.jpg

It's VERY wrong to execute on children and teenagers, also now... I feel sad for them.

More info about it...
Atefah Sahaaleh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mahmoud Asgari and Ayaz Marhoni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other picture about hanging on automotive crane.
PublicExecutionIRI.jpg

very wrong and sad.

The only time I support capital punishment if when someone murdered someone, and there is at least 2 strong evidences to prove he/she did murdered that person.

or child molestors (again, they have to have strong proofs to prove it)

While I do think it is wrong to execute the young, ages of puberty and above (12+) are considered to be the point where they are responsible for their own actions. So punishment must be carried out if there is to be any reminder for society.

While I do think it is wrong to execute the young, ages of puberty and above (12+) are considered to be the point where they are responsible for their own actions. So punishment must be carried out if there is to be any reminder for society.

But to be punished for being gay?

That's ridiculous. While I understand it may be part of Iran's culture, I strongly disagree with how they punish someone over it.

But to be punished for being gay?

That's ridiculous. While I understand it may be part of Iran's culture, I strongly disagree with how they punish someone over it.

It is not Iran's culture. It is the Islamic way. Christianity and Judaism does the same thing. Whether it's right or wrong, well... that's God's word.

It is not Iran's culture. It is the Islamic way. Christianity and Judaism does the same thing. Whether it's right or wrong, well... that's God's word.
Do what same thing?

According to bible, God doesn't accept homosexuals, and they must be wiped out as gone.
Their belief and religion, then be it.

Gay people can enter the kingdom of heaven, if they humble themselves before God and acknowledge they are sinners just like the rest of us who need Jesus as their savior.

And earthly punishment only applied to the jews of the old testaments, because it was mostly a symbolic of sinners and God's judgement. It doesn't apply anymore because Grace came (Jesus). Same with murderers, but punishment for murderers is still the law of the land.

Can't have the good news without hearing the bad news first.

What do you think? Follow the topic at hand. ;)
I didn't want to make any assumptions. I wanted to give you the opportunity to defend your statement.

What Christian and Jewish nations are executing homosexuals?

So you approve of executing minors?

According to bible, God doesn't accept homosexuals, and they must be wiped out as gone.
Their belief and religion, then be it.
That sure isn't Christian belief.

God doesn't accept homosexual behavior but Jesus died that all people can be saved, and that includes homosexuals.

God doesn't accept any kind of sin but He offers salvation to all sinners equally.

Gay people can enter the kingdom of heaven, if they humble themselves before God and acknowledge they are sinners just like the rest of us who need Jesus as their savior.

And earthly punishment only applied to the jews of the old testaments, because it was mostly a symbolic of sinners and God's judgement. It doesn't apply anymore because Grace came (Jesus). Same with murderers, but punishment for murderers is still the law of the land.

Please don't ridicule yourself any further.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." -Matthew 5:17.

Christians are expected to follow Jewish law as well. Judaism does not accept homosexuals nor their acts. You must be foolish to claim that Gay people can enter the kingdom of heaven when you, a human being, are only making an assumption. The best answer is: God knows best.

well, if homosexuality is so wrong, why do so many churches accept homosexual churchgoers despise their sexual preference? And why is homosexuality becoming more accepted and less "wrong" nowadays?

You can preach all you want about the bible saying it's wrong.. but we're living in the 21st century, where it's a time of change and new ideals... And people are starting to accept the differences among ourselves.

So you approve of executing minors?

I don't consider them "minors" like you do. Those homosexuals were 16 years old. They are well old enough. Society simply deems them as immature because their society is immature. I go by the standard of the onstart of puberty. That is when a true minor becomes either a man or woman. Just make observations of high school kids today. They are vastly immature and do not take anything seriously. Is this God's fault or is this society's fault? Train your kids to "get real" by the time they hit puberty. ;)

That sure isn't Christian belief.

God doesn't accept homosexual behavior but Jesus died that all people can be saved, and that includes homosexuals.

God doesn't accept any kind of sin but He offers salvation to all sinners equally.

Are Islamic the Christian?

You can preach all you want about the bible saying it's wrong.. but we're living in the 21st century, where it's a time of change and new ideals... And people are starting to accept the differences among ourselves.

Exactly. And this is a bad thing for "modern" Christianity today.

Back