Missing deaf people

Buffalo

Reaction score
Donna Jean Snowdon has been missing since 1987 from Rivercrest Community, Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. She was born in 1966 and that would makes her about 41 years old now. Does anybody know her? If you do, please tell us about her and anything on the day she went missing as well.

Link: The Doe Network: Case File 1762DFTX

If she is 56 and alive, she could've report herself found by now.

Either she doesn't want to be found or she is dead. She got two small children and no mother in her right mind would leave them.

Robert Ross Baird

Robert Ross Baird walked out of his home in Pocopson Township, Chester County, PA in 1998. He was born in 1951 and he would have been 56 years old now. I have a bad feeling about him because he is diabetic and insulin-dependent.

PSP: Missing Person - Robert Ross Baird

buffalo

thank you for posting these... i hope these pictures are going to help a lot for these deaf people and these hearing people who knew sign language might be very helpful..

hope these cases will be solve soon :)

buffalo

thank you for posting these... i hope these pictures are going to help a lot for these deaf people and these hearing people who knew sign language might be very helpful..

hope these cases will be solve soon :)

Thank you. I found them at Welcome to the Doe Network and the volutneers there do search that site for a match between Does and Missing Persons. Some of them do find a match and solve the cases. I was so impressed with that and I thought why not post those Deaf persons and see what happens. I am hoping that there are some members that do know at least one of them personally and maybe tell us about him/her. That might be some clues there that can lead to solving the case(s). I won't know how it turn out unless I post them here.

I was looking at Donna Snowden's missing person report. Does anybody know where the Rivercrest Community is ? It is in Lufkin, TX which is north of Houston. Is Rivercrest Community a condo community or something? I am puzzled at so little information on Donna. It doesn't give the date of her disappearance like many other missing reports.
I am hoping that somebody in AD would know her although she disappeared back in 1987. I hope that person can fill me in on more details. Thanks.

Good idea, Twelphe. If it's within my power, I'll try to get 'er done.

Update: Apparently it's so easy, even I could do the job.

Last edited:
Thanks, Twelph and Chase. I suppose only the mods has the power to make it sticky, correct?

Still on a training wheel?:dunno:

Oh, yeah. I have a learning curve with very little rise. But each day brings at least one new challenge with its reward of at least a half-dozen hate PMs. Life is good. Okay, back on topic to publicize lost deafies.

Have found them yet?

Heh, no. I am trying to get some information on any of those 4 deaf people. The DoeNetwork.org has a long listing of those missing and also another long listing of those found dead but not identified. People who look at both lists might find a good match and they will report to the police department. If the match is found, the DoeNetwork will note it and tell us. I thought I would try my luck in finding a match with any of the four I posted in here.

It would be good if all four are found and brought home for burial. That would be a good closure.

Cool.. One of deaf missing from Tx so I did e.mail to my deaf cousin cuz he's from fortworth

Cool.. One of deaf missing from Tx so I did e.mail to my deaf cousin cuz he's from fortworth

Great! I look forward to his answer. He can always ask other deaf people in their 40's (same age as Donna if she lives) if they remember her.

Donna Jean Snowden

Hello. My name is Lauran and I am the founder of Porchlight for the Missing and Unidentified. Sadly Donna Jean Snowden has been identifed. She was actually found deceased in Texas in 1993. Tragically she was not identified until just recently, by a DNA match in the Codis database. Our group Porchlight works on these old cases by submitting possible matches with unidentified souls to law enforcement. You can read about sweet Donna's case here
Porchlight International for the Missing & Unidentified -> TXF930121 / Donna Jean Snowden

If we can ever assist anyone here, please do not hesitate to contact me at monkalup@aol.com.

Peace

Back