ONSTAR is watching on you? ha...

Evo Dragon

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a2Uzv-HKd4]OnStar! - YouTube[/ame]

that's why I love my truck. it has no high-tech technology. no on-star. no gps. no nothing.

that's why I love my truck. it has no high-tech technology. no on-star. no gps. no nothing.

I fear any new vehicles comes with factory's chips in modules or computers somewhere in the vehicles, let the governments track you. Maybe you truck have it? Never know....

Onstar headquarter can track your car when crash sensor go alert itself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0g-wt2dBC8]OnStar Automatic Crash Response 1 - YouTube[/ame]

I fear any new vehicles comes with factory's chips in modules or computers somewhere in the vehicles, let the governments track you. Maybe you truck have it? Never know....

You can always find out inside PCM. Take it apart and look for chip that plugged into it. OR if you see "black box" outside of PCM. Perhap you can disable it without getting PCM disabled from unplugging. Sometime you can buy Aftermarket PCM so you won't have to worry about Big Brother watching every move you make.

I read news few years ago that there were suggesting adding "blackbox" just like Airline so they can track your movement, where were you, and how fast you were going. One was to track your driving habit so once the blackbox transmit signal to insurance co, rates would go up or down. It was considered invading privacy and unfair practice so they dropped.

I would do anything to hack the black box and remove internal antenna, or anything that transmit signal wirelessly. I do have gut to take PCM out and take it apart and see what I can do without damaging main engine computer unit. Disabling one chip if it doesn't affect main engine computer then it's worth it. Some PCM may have some type of black solid filled inside to prevent you from hacking the chipset. Then Aftermarket would be the one that you would need.

In matter of fact today and future, I doubt that it would install all vehicles. I believe Onstar would be the one that was factory installed. I thought Onstar requires monthly payment to use their service. If you don't want to then you can disable the service thus render Onstar non functioning. (I know Onstar isn't free)...

Catty

You can always find out inside PCM. Take it apart and look for chip that plugged into it. OR if you see "black box" outside of PCM. Perhap you can disable it without getting PCM disabled from unplugging. Sometime you can buy Aftermarket PCM so you won't have to worry about Big Brother watching every move you make.

I read news few years ago that there were suggesting adding "blackbox" just like Airline so they can track your movement, where were you, and how fast you were going. One was to track your driving habit so once the blackbox transmit signal to insurance co, rates would go up or down. It was considered invading privacy and unfair practice so they dropped.

I would do anything to hack the black box and remove internal antenna, or anything that transmit signal wirelessly. I do have gut to take PCM out and take it apart and see what I can do without damaging main engine computer unit. Disabling one chip if it doesn't affect main engine computer then it's worth it. Some PCM may have some type of black solid filled inside to prevent you from hacking the chipset. Then Aftermarket would be the one that you would need.

In matter of fact today and future, I doubt that it would install all vehicles. I believe Onstar would be the one that was factory installed. I thought Onstar requires monthly payment to use their service. If you don't want to then you can disable the service thus render Onstar non functioning. (I know Onstar isn't free)...

Catty

Beat me.... I'm thinking to like your post.... Yes you can crack up the ancient PCMs but no black boxes there. I noticed the new high technology PCMs or modules have factory sealed like epoxy filled inside the PC or special riveted or molded process...You can not crack them. NOT ALL the vehicles. No way, I know where is the location of the black boxes cuz I use to looking up the electrical diagram to diagnosing the MIL or no start conditions, see no black box word on the diagram. Nothing but I think the black box might be in the other modules such as BCM (body control module) that might store the collision info that will lead the body tech (auto body shop) pull the codes or review the freeze frames (copy and report to the insurance company) I don't know exact.
You says about GPS? I think you are right about the antenna module..
I've seen some blank electrical connectors or panel box under the dash, they are for factory installment of like thief alarm, add OnStar etc...
I can't recall of the other devices...

I am just wondering if no one is interested to pay the OnStar service, then the OnStar might convince the insurance companies to hide the OnStar's fee in the insurance bills. I mean not today, but for the future like in 5 years. Yes, I will definitely remove any parts of OnStar in my next truck. I can't believe what you told us your story.

I hate Onstar, just other GM garbage!!!

I am just wondering if no one is interested to pay the OnStar service, then the OnStar might convince the insurance companies to hide the OnStar's fee in the insurance bills. I mean not today, but for the future like in 5 years. Yes, I will definitely remove any parts of OnStar in my next truck. I can't believe what you told us your story.

Maybe not.... Remove or disable OnStar device (module) then the vehicle won't start because the PCM will read the feedback from OnStar and anti theft modules. No communication from the modules, PCM will disable fuel pump..... Just caution..

That's calls it as truck? :laugh2:
yup

I recall that he said it feel like truck. I rode in his and it does feel like truck to me.
yup! because it's designed to feel like a truck and drive like a truck. it certainly doesn't have a car-like feeling so it rocks/sways back and forth over pothole and plus - it sits very tall.

If you want an SUV - get a Rogue or Murano. If you want it to looks like an Xterra but with SUV feel & luxury features, get a Pathfinder. Better hurry before Nissan replaces Pathfinder with this ugly new model - 2012 Nissan Pathfinder Concept goes back to unibody

but as for Xterra model - it's here to stay and it won't change for some while. later tonight - I'll show you a pix of what I'll slowly convert my Xterra into :cool2:

I recall that he said it feel like truck. I rode in his and it does feel like truck to me.

I drove Xterra before and yeah it's pretty high and feels like truck but there is no 5th wheeler. The real truck always have 5th wheeler.

GM said OnStar patent allows deaf, hard-of-hearing and speech-impaired people to use OnStar through a TTY compatible in-vehicle module. The module allows the driver and passengers to interact with an OnStar advisor as well as TTY users outside of the car. That s old story! But should be Bluetooth enabled mobile device to use text message on OnStar.

Maybe not.... Remove or disable OnStar device (module) then the vehicle won't start because the PCM will read the feedback from OnStar and anti theft modules. No communication from the modules, PCM will disable fuel pump..... Just caution..

Yep, Even if you tried to run away from cop then cop simple call to Onstar then onstar will disable your engine down.

Yep, Even if you tried to run away from cop then cop simple call to Onstar then onstar will disable your engine down.

Doesn't work like that. A warrant is needed for that. And plus I can see a lot of legal issues with it.

Doesn't work like that. A warrant is needed for that. And plus I can see a lot of legal issues with it.

On the other hand I have seen it on TV news where a car-jacked car was recovered by having the On-Star service disable it.

Last edited:
Back