Skype to Sorenson VP

My friend has a Mac so she can't download Purple Software. She has Skype. I want to call her Skype with a Sorenson VP. How can I do this? (This issue may be dicussed before but I cant find it.)

I have an account haven't used my skype :( I would love to chat with deafies :)

Sorenson calls to Skype

Re Oceanblue 7: Do u know how to make a Sorenson VP call to someone who has Skype on her computer?

Re Oceanblue 7: Do u know how to make a Sorenson VP call to someone who has Skype on her computer?

Skype uses a proprietary protocol to allow it's users to connect to one another. So Skype is not able to call a VP, only other Skype users.

If you wait a little while...ZVRS is coming out with Mac software called the Z3.

I tried it out with a friend but sometimes I get bad pictures. Do you know what the problem is? My PC or my friend's PC?

I tried it out with a friend but sometimes I get bad pictures. Do you know what the problem is? My PC or my friend's PC?

it's either one of you. it's just a technical limitation on ISP's side. just like you with a nice car driving on poorly-built road. You will arrive at destination longer than usual. One of you or both of you might have to configure with the setting to make up for it.

but then... people talking on cell phone do experience bad signal during the call frequently.

I have Skype, too. I use it for my family. But I did not use it much because I do not have webcam. I had one but it was lost when I moved into Virginia. The two webcams I found from other box are way too old. I suppose I would need to buy a new one....Sigh.

:wave: Hi

Skype? I've heard of it and I don't know if it is worth to try..

Can you tell me what it is all about? Does it includes the chat room or what?

Thanks

Thanks

Skype is free program on the computer. It is like having a free phone call across the country (for hearing users), and can be use like a videophone call for deaf users who have Skype. You can IM to each other on it as well. I do not know about 'chatroom', but I know there are other features in it that I have not checked it out. Hopefully someone who used Skype a lot would explain it better for you.

Thanks

Yes. You can either have an audio chatroom or a text chatroom. However you can't have a chatroom with webcam so you would either have to type or speak but couldn't sign to several people at once.

I have contacted my friend via Skype (with Logitech webcam) but his Mac's webcam's picture was not clear and of course, dark but I found out that my PC has more power than his.. :hmm: Interesting!

I have contacted my friend via Skype (with Logitech webcam) but his Mac's webcam's picture was not clear and of course, dark but I found out that my PC has more power than his.. :hmm: Interesting!

His video could be dark because of the lighting. I know when I Skype with someone I have to turn on several lights so they can see me clearly.

Back