Bill Gates: I don't pay enough tax

PowerON

Reaction score
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates says he does not think he pays enough tax, and says wealthy Americans should contribute more in order to solve the deficit problem.

Speaking on BBC World, Mr Gates said taxing the rich, was "just justice".
» source

Suddenly, I start to like him.

A lot of the first generation rich people are asking for higher taxes. None of the second generation are but Bill isn't the only one.

Legal deductions = legal deductions

There are many of us who take standard deductions or file a long-form to get additional deductions and this is the normal and smart way to do taxes.
Often time, allowed deductions will result in a person not owing anything and/or getting a refund.

In the case of Bill Gates, he should take the max. legal deductions he possible can, it is the smart thing to do. After deductions then his tax owed will be according to tax laws. As long as he pays in full this owed taxes, he is equally honest as those that get a refund and/or pay no taxes.

Should he want to donate more of his income to the government, that is his right. However, the does not make the tax laws, that is the job of Congress.

tumblr_l2lvsvuaMA1qzfoxyo1_500.jpg

Dear Bill Gates,

Feel free to send more than you owe.

Thx,
Uncle Sam

Gates can pay my share, if that would make him feel better. :lol:

Yeah he is joining Buffett in the Big Lie. If Buffett is so worried about his secretary's taxes he can always give her a $13,000 gift to help her pay them.......tax free even.

Yeah he is joining Buffett in the Big Lie. If Buffett is so worried about his secretary's taxes he can always give her a $13,000 gift to help her pay them.......tax free even.

you missed the point.

There are actually way this can be legally done. The tax law was set up so that the 90% could take advantage of the way but, of course, the 10% can use the same law.

There are actually way this can be legally done. The tax law was set up so that the 90% could take advantage of the way but, of course, the 10% can use the same law.

In this case they are comparing income tax to capital gains tax. Thus the "Big Lie"

big picture - it's not the rich people. it's our flawed tax system.

Why should Bill Gates be the only one to pay more taxes? All the damn rich people should! That's called fairness!

Why should Bill Gates be the only one to pay more taxes? All the damn rich people should! That's called fairness!

You are right. There needs to be fairness. All Americans need to do their fair share. So if a person makes $1,000.00 a year in income or $10 million a year each should to be required to pay an equal percent more in taxes. That is fairness.
At the same time an equal percent of spending reduction must be done, after all we all got into this debt together. That is fairness.

Yup, all rich people should pay same tax rate instead of point at Bill Gates only.

:hmm: That's not my definition of fairness.....

Well, your definition about fairness is based on right wing.

Yup, all rich people should pay same tax rate instead of point at Bill Gates only.

Well, your definition about fairness is based on right wing.

No, my definition of fairness is based on my beliefs.

Ditch income tax and the IRS.

Go with Fair Tax.

:D

Back