PC with "retard"

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
I am sooo sorry that Emmanaul called Democratic liberals "retarded" and that hurts Sarah Palin's feelings because she got herself a DS baby which mental retardation is part of the DS syndrome. She thinks he should resign.

I am soooo sorry that Rush Limbaugh said "retard summit" - that hurts Sarah Palin's feelings, I am sure. I wonder why she's not demanding he resigns.

I am sooo sorry that Perry used "retarded."

Oh yes, Beck uses that "retard" and laughed at them which is kinda awful considering he has a retarded child.

From now on, Sarah Palin is clearly mentally challenged and so are those who submit to her PC b.s.

And I feel the same when government programs decided to label "MR" instead of "mental retardation" - oh please come on, don't be MR. No matter how hard you try to "clean" the term, people know what it is.

Limbaugh's Barbs Test Palin's Honest ... - Google News

I am sooo sorry that Emmanaul called Democratic liberals "retarded" and that hurts Sarah Palin's feelings because she got herself a DS baby which mental retardation is part of the DS syndrome. She thinks he should resign.

I am soooo sorry that Rush Limbaugh said "retard summit" - that hurts Sarah Palin's feelings, I am sure. I wonder why she's not demanding he resigns.

I am sooo sorry that Perry used "retarded."

Oh yes, Beck uses that "retard" and laughed at them which is kinda awful considering he has a retarded child.

From now on, Sarah Palin is clearly mentally challenged and so are those who submit to her PC b.s.

And I feel the same when government programs decided to label "MR" instead of "mental retardation" - oh please come on, don't be MR. No matter how hard you try to "clean" the term, people know what it is.

Limbaugh's Barbs Test Palin's Honest ... - Google News

Key difference.....Beck and Limbaugh are entertainers paid based on ratings. People speak up by tuning elsewhere., Rahm is paid for with taxes so the people have a right to demand his termination. We pay him.

trying to weasel yourself out of that rationale, aren't you? Given the comments from media sources, including Fox news, the public is complaining... all right.... but it wasn't about Emmanuel, it's Sarah Palin going PC. :)

No, I will say it's wrong for anyone to use it. The difference is HE WORKS FOR US, The other guys don't. Plus your OP is incorrect. It was a Perry aide who used "Retard" not Perry.

It just gets better:

"Sarah Palin -- who demanded that White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel be fired for using the word "retarded" -- told Glenn Beck just a few weeks ago that she was worried about the United States turning into a country where people couldn't use words that were "politically incorrect."

Read more: Palin and Political Correctness -- Political Wire

She's a hypocrite.

It just gets better:

"Sarah Palin -- who demanded that White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel be fired for using the word "retarded" -- told Glenn Beck just a few weeks ago that she was worried about the United States turning into a country where people couldn't use words that were "politically incorrect."

She's a hypocrite.

Are you going to correct your OP or continue to put out false info??

It just gets better:

She's a hypocrite.

It also matters how the term is used. Hearing impaired seems to be the PC way to say deaf......Yet most deaf people don't believe there is a reason to be PC.....nothing wrong with the word deaf. However when a hearing person belittles another hearing person with"what , are you deaf" that is offensive.

Mentally challenged is PC for retarded. Most would not have a problem if you refered to a mentally challenged person as retarded......some might. But to call someone you disagree with retarded is offensive. It's offensive to the people you say it about,to people who are mentally challenged and to the people who care for them. I submit that if Rahm had used mentally challenged it would have been equally offensive. It's not the term......it's the wat that it is used.

I personally don't like the label "retarded". I find that many people lack certain skills in one area but excel in others. But I think that the original poster really wasn't speaking of the term "retard" but was really just dissing Sarah Palin.

I could be wrong, or maybe I'm just being retarded.

Last edited:
Wow! Just wow... Sarah Palin defends Rush's use of "retards!" She's a retard. Totally.

"On Chief-of-Staff Rahm Emanuel, she said his comments calling liberal groups "f-ing retards" was "indecent and insensitive" and cause for his dismissal.

But the former governor went to great and sometimes awkward lengths to insist that when conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh used the same exact term to describe the same exact group, it was simply in the role of political humorist.

"They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh," she said, when read a quote of Limbaugh calling liberal groups "retards." "Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... . I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing retards,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there.""

Palin Considering 2012 Run, Defends Limbaugh's Use Of 'Retard' On Fox News Sunday

Wow! Just wow... Sarah Palin defends Rush's use of "retards!" She's a retard. Totally.

"On Chief-of-Staff Rahm Emanuel, she said his comments calling liberal groups "f-ing retards" was "indecent and insensitive" and cause for his dismissal.

But the former governor went to great and sometimes awkward lengths to insist that when conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh used the same exact term to describe the same exact group, it was simply in the role of political humorist.

"They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh," she said, when read a quote of Limbaugh calling liberal groups "retards." "Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... . I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing retards,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there.""

Palin Considering 2012 Run, Defends Limbaugh's Use Of 'Retard' On Fox News Sunday

Sorry, it will never happen for Sarah Palin to become president.

Also note that Fox News removed that reference to Rush! How's that for fair and balanced?

Last edited:
CHRIS WALLACE (host): OK, but, Rush Limbaugh weighed in this week, and he said this: "Our politically correct society is acting like some giant insult's taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards."

PALIN: He was satirical in that --

WALLACE: Wait, let me finish. "I mean, these people, these liberal activists are kooks." Should Rush Limbaugh apologize?

PALIN: They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh was using satire to bring attention to what this politically correct --

WALLACE: But he used the "R" word.

PALIN: Using satire. Name-calling by anyone -- I teach this to my children. You teach this to your children and your grandchildren, too. Name-calling by anyone, it's just unnecessary. It just wastes time. Let's speak to the issues and again, let's move on.

WALLACE: But you know what some people are going to say, Governor, and have said. They say, look, when it's their political adversary, Rahm Emanuel, she's going to call him out -- he's indecent, apologize. But when it's a political friend like Rush Limbaugh, oh, it's satire.

PALIN: I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh call a group of people whom he did not agree with "f-ing retards," and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, it's been reported, did say that. There's a big difference there.

Palin latest to walk back criticism of GOP leader Limbaugh | Media Matters for America

So, when Rush calls them "retards" in front of MILLIONS listening to his "retarded" speech, it's ok but when Emmanual insults his liberal Democrats behind CLOSED meeting - not open to the public - it's not ok and should be fired? Ok.

CHRIS WALLACE (host): OK, but, Rush Limbaugh weighed in this week, and he said this: "Our politically correct society is acting like some giant insult's taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards."

PALIN: He was satirical in that --

WALLACE: Wait, let me finish. "I mean, these people, these liberal activists are kooks." Should Rush Limbaugh apologize?

PALIN: They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh was using satire to bring attention to what this politically correct --

WALLACE: But he used the "R" word.

PALIN: Using satire. Name-calling by anyone -- I teach this to my children. You teach this to your children and your grandchildren, too. Name-calling by anyone, it's just unnecessary. It just wastes time. Let's speak to the issues and again, let's move on.

WALLACE: But you know what some people are going to say, Governor, and have said. They say, look, when it's their political adversary, Rahm Emanuel, she's going to call him out -- he's indecent, apologize. But when it's a political friend like Rush Limbaugh, oh, it's satire.

PALIN: I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh call a group of people whom he did not agree with "f-ing retards," and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, it's been reported, did say that. There's a big difference there.

Palin latest to walk back criticism of GOP leader Limbaugh | Media Matters for America

So, when Rush calls them "retards" in front of MILLIONS listening to his "retarded" speech, it's ok but when Emmanual insults his liberal Democrats behind CLOSED meeting - not open to the public - it's not ok and should be fired? Ok.

It's all about context.....pretty simple concept. Comedic license is given when it is used in satire. I am sure Howard Stern has used "retard" 10,000 times. No one is calling for him to step down either. If you don't like what they have to say, change the channel. That's how you fire radio personalities.

Again this was said by someone paid by our tax dollars. Big difference. It was also said in anger.....another big difference.

And again.....nice source. :roll:

I agree with Netrox. Palin is being a hypocrite. It is pretty clear that Rahm wasn't trying to be offensive or referring a mental retarded person. The use of the word isn't offensive unless Rahm was talking about Palin's child.

Which is more offensive??
It is f-ing retarded that Palin reisgned as a Governor of Alaska.
I do not want Palin to be the president cuz she has a f-ing retarded child.

re-tard
Spelled Pronunciation [ri-tahrd, for 1–3, 5; ree-tahrd for 4]

–verb (used with object)
1. to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.

–verb (used without object)
2. to be delayed.

–noun
3. a slowing down, diminution, or hindrance, as in a machine.

4. Slang: Disparaging.
a. a mentally retarded person.
b. a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.

5. Automotive, Machinery. an adjustment made in the setting of the distributor of an internal-combustion engine so that the spark for ignition in each cylinder is generated later in the cycle.

I agree with Netrox. Palin is being a hypocrite. It is pretty clear that Rahm wasn't trying to be offensive or referring a mental retarded person. The use of the word isn't offensive unless Rahm was talking about Palin's child.

Which is more offensive??
It is f-ing retarded that Palin reisgned as a Governor of Alaska.
I do not want Palin to be the president cuz she has a f-ing retarded child.

re-tard
Spelled Pronunciation [ri-tahrd, for 1–3, 5; ree-tahrd for 4]

–verb (used with object)
1. to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.

–verb (used without object)
2. to be delayed.

–noun
3. a slowing down, diminution, or hindrance, as in a machine.

4. Slang: Disparaging.
a. a mentally retarded person.
b. a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard.

5. Automotive, Machinery. an adjustment made in the setting of the distributor of an internal-combustion engine so that the spark for ignition in each cylinder is generated later in the cycle.

It's hard to imagine how someone is "not trying to be offensive" when they are calling a group of people a name:lol:

So by your logic......If someone were to say "f-ing homosexuals" about a group of men who he though were being "wimpy". It wouldn't be offensive because he wasn't actually referring to homosexuality or a specific homosexual?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back