Babysitter Sex Scandal: 28-Year-Old Woman in Love with 14-Year-Old Boy

sara1981

Reaction score
Babysitter Sex Scandal: 28-Year-Old Woman in Love with 14-Year-Old Boy
Babysitter Sex Scandal: 28-Year-Old Woman in Love with 14-Year-Old Boy - Crimesider - CBS News

A 28-year-old Post Falls woman faces charges that she had sex with a 14-year-old boy that she was hired to watch in August 2007.

Summer Nelson was charged Monday with four counts of lewd conduct with a child.

Court records say Nelson was the boy’s babysitter and friend of the mother. Police say the abuse was reported in December 2008, after the boy's mother grew suspicious of Nelson's attention towards her oldest son.

Investigators say Nelson told the boy's siblings that she was in love with their brother and asked the boy’s mother for her blessing, according to KXLY.

Detectives say Nelson and the boy had at least four sexual encounters.

Nelson remains held in Kootenai County Jail on $50,000 bond. It was not immediately known if she had a lawyer.

If convicted, Nelson could face up to life in prison.

babysitter know best not have sex with boys!! what your opinion?

I don't know what to think. Perhaps the boy said something nice to her that made her fall in love and have sex relations with him? Still no excuse, the lady should know better than to do anything with minors.

Something similar to this recently happened in the Atlanta suburbs: Mom Accused Of Sex With Teen Babysitter.

If she were 18 I'd give her the benefit of a doubt... At age 28 you're supposed to be wise enough that sex with a child is illegal (even if the boy agreed to it). She should have been the one to decline... :roll: - stupid people!

I just read a story about a woman that accidently killed her husband in some sort of sex game gone wrong. She faces only months in prison where as this woman faces life? Not to condone either behaviour but something seems abit skewed to me.

I'm pretty sure if it gets ridiculous enough, you'll have to have license to babysit and submit to a background check and be at least 21 years of age as well as a questionnaire that will detect certain behavioral traits that may lead to inappropriate relations with minors.

But I agree the 24 year old should have known better, you just don't touch minors with a 10 foot pole!

It seems to be a trend. They just keep reporting this kind of thing all over the country.

Geez, Just when you've had enough of hearing about it - It still keeps coming in.

At 28, It is clearly out of the grey area with the 14 years old. Apparently the law was not crystal clear for that 28 years old woman. :roll:

I have heard of stories of my male friends losing their virginity to their babysitters. My ex hubby claimed to be one...

I have heard of stories of my male friends losing their virginity to their babysitters. My ex hubby claimed to be one...

many teen boys have that fantasy. it is right up there with losing it to a hot teacher. so most guys think having that type of sexual relationships are fine. some even consider the teen boys who it has happened to as lucky.

so a double standard comes along. if you look at most of the teen having sex with teacher scandles, women who have sex with teen boys get shorter sentences. meanwhile male teachers that have sex with teen students get much longer sentences....

that is so wrong.

there should be manditory sentences for crimes. like in these cases. adult having sex with an underage persen does the same amount of years, period. not 5 year sentences for an adult female, while the male offenders get 15. they both deserve the same prison time.

that what I am fear to hiring baby sitter for my new born.. :| for a short day...

Another sex offender. Sheesh! seems like the world is full of them.

Male or Female at the age of 28 should know better that you can not have sex with children.

He is not even at the age of consent.

Does anyone else consider it a little odd that a mother hired a babysitter for a 14 year old teen? Most 14 year olds can stay home alone for a significant period of time. Maybe the babysitter was supposed to keep the teen out of trouble for the summer? There's just something off here!

Does anyone else consider it a little odd that a mother hired a babysitter for a 14 year old teen? Most 14 year olds can stay home alone for a significant period of time. Maybe the babysitter was supposed to keep the teen out of trouble for the summer? There's just something off here!

I was thinking the same. And the babysitter took advantage of the troubled teen.

SMH

teenage hormones....the 28 yr. old lady probably had the mind of a teenager also. My boys think girls in their 20's "are hot"....

Wow, I'm completely shocked here.

If convicted, Nelson could face up to life in prison.

That is too harsh. 10-15 years in prison makes sense to me. This is America, geez!

They are seriously calling it abuse? that kid is 14 yrs old who had sex with a 28 yr old woman...obviously the 14 yr old should know better and I believe he ALLOWED it so...he should know better than that. They shouldn't just arrest that woman...they should arrest the boy too for being a fucking idiot.

So yea like most ppl say...since when does a 14 yr old need a babysitter? He's not 4...14! :roll:

Back