Bad luck with my Ram

I like these posters.... sounds good... How old is battery? Recommend a new battery.
If the battery drains for long time, then the voltage will flat to about 1 voltage when cranking the engine, because the PCM (computer) need 9 voltage to keep KAM alive, dead battery will cause the driveability problem later or after new battery installed.

Check any ground connections such negative battery cable at the engine block and frame or body.. like what posters says...

How do you know the battery (alternator) won't hold charge?

I hope not to see the PCM (computer) problem what Radioman mentioned in post #6. Because the voltage regulator built-in a computer.... Have you see a red light in the dash like battery warning light on?

Battery is good for 84 months. It's from Feb. 2006.

Not much corrosion. It did have some which I was able to clear with my key chain. If it had a lot more, I would obviously get a special tool to clear off the corrosion.

Battery would not hold charge until I cleared those corrosion and tightened cable after jump start.

Check engine light does not go on while driving. Went on when starting truck, but not any more now that I got connection cable issue fixed.

If your alternator is old. battery voltage might getting weak. It has been worn brushes parts. It need replace new brushes kit or buy a full alternator at auto shop.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 953929232_kuB2a-X2.jpg
    953929232_kuB2a-X2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 40

Not much corrosion. It did have some which I was able to clear with my key chain. If it had a lot more, I would obviously get a special tool to clear off the corrosion.

Battery would not hold charge until I cleared those corrosion and tightened cable after jump start.

Check engine light does not go on while driving. Went on when starting truck, but not any more now that I got connection cable issue fixed.

Replace battery.... Aging battery, I bet. Not faith in 84 months life, even won't start or slow cranking in cold morning or hot day. HTH.

Seven years old!? Time to replace it. Mostly batteries good for around five years. My old Subaru's battery finally died after 8 years.

My Optima Red-Top battery died about 7 years. replace new one and too expensive battery.

Optima-Red-Top.jpg

There ya go...battery is exhausted and needs to be buried in a battery graveyard.

In my wrench years, I always change the battery in my personal vehicles when I see the sign of white acid or wet around the posts/ends AND swollen sides of the battery, like ballooned battery.

Back