Bald Eagles are Dying in Utah. :(

ok wise up some, do some research before you go barking, its a natural occurance. Read up on the Deer issue years ago, the oak trees.... nothing to do with MAN ! I think whats going on with the eagles is natural because they have been protected for so long... HOW ABOUT BIRD FLU? Maybe the abundance of mosquitoes are taking a toll? Hmmm? Because there are more cases since the winters have been mild and the insect population is BOOMING ! Yes, its possible it could be something caused by man, but as scienctists say, they are not looking in one direction as they dont want to overlook anything. But you have to look back on other simular occurances, like the deer/oaks, there has also been man made disasters where seeds were coated and killed off alot of other birds as well that farmers were using. Being the Eagles are federally protected, I doubt its anything man made, The EPA would be all over that ( stuff is regulated as to whats allowed into what states and used for what porpouses) if its a Federally protected area due to eagles or other animals or even the area in general, its not allowed to be used. And being its not in just one area... well, Ill let common sense work its wonder for you.

The EPA is a J OK E in my state. And there is nothing the EPA can do to stop oil spills from happening. I am entitled to have my own opinions and you can have your. You have way too much faith in the EPA.

I am thinking if there were just overpopulation of people as it is growing alarming at a rate that the overpopulation of people might disturb their habitats. Or it could be globe warming that might infect them just like the polar bears in the North. The climate is changing over the years. It just my guess that it could have happen to them. Bats had white nose diseases because of the people being in the cave (breathing on them). It is something in the air. :dunno: :(

The EPA is a J OK E in my state. And there is nothing the EPA can do to stop oil spills from happening. I am entitled to have my own opinions and you can have your. You have way too much faith in the EPA.

Yeah the EPA is a joke... if you have alot of money you can get away with just about anything right? Never said you couldnt voice your opinion or anything of that nature, I was just stating mine as you are yours. If it was man made it would have been ruled already, but since its not and has to be tested as long as it is already, they dont know what it is so, therefore telling me its something new or rare. No, I dont have faith in the EPA, I dealt with them for 15 years as well as with OSHA....You dont want to cross OSHA and I dont care how much money anyone has... OSHA is no joke, shame they dont work with the DNR !

Yes, but they stay in their own territory. They don't migrate.

IL has one of the largest Bald Eagle gatherings in the country-- they love it here. They live in the trees a good distance southwest of Chicago. You could find a bunch of them there.

IL has one of the largest Bald Eagle gatherings in the country-- they love it here. They live in the trees a good distance southwest of Chicago. You could find a bunch of them there.

Further south but also along the Mississippi River St. Louis television also mentioned their return the other day. I think most are slightly north of St. Louis and close to Alton, Illinois.

Further south but also along the Mississippi River St. Louis television also mentioned their return the other day. I think most are slightly north of St. Louis and close to Alton, Illinois.

While I worked for the City of st. louis, My partner and I would eat lunch on the riverfront. We watched an eagle cath its prey and eat it, we got close to get cell phone pictures. Almost too close..lol But if I can find the pictures I will post a few up, Have to go through my flash drives for the 2009 year...lol

That's correct-- they live in the woods just north of Alton. It's a good place to see bald eagles in their natural habitat, but the Feds don't want anyone getting too close to there-- it's protected, I believe.

The Lake of the Ozarks (in Missouri) will have an Eagle Watch Jan 4 & 5. I won't be there but I do have friends who will show me their pics and video. Cool.

The Lake of the Ozarks (in Missouri) will have an Eagle Watch Jan 4 & 5. I won't be there but I do have friends who will show me their pics and video. Cool.

We have bald eagle at the Merrimack River , I hope they will be OK . I heard the young eagles are now dying too, and this is really sad.

There's 11 of them in my area.

Read story on this they are thinking it's radiation from fukushima , that's effecting us all not only showing up in eagles . Story on this and others can be found on before it's news .com China just banned all shellfish from imports from Pacific coast. I live in oregon that's gonna hurt the crab industry terrible bad. But I won't eat it any more either it's showing up in are salmon also here and Canada !!

I heard on the news this morning that it was West Nile virus.

West Nile Virus kills 27 bald eagles in Utah
Published December 31, 2013 | Associated Press

SALT LAKE CITY – State wildlife officials say West Nile Virus appears to be the mystery illness that's caused more than two dozen bald eagles to die in Utah this month.

The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources says results of laboratory tests on some of the first birds found indicate they died from West Nile.

Officials say 27 bald eagles have died since Dec. 1, and five others are being treated at a wildlife rehabilitation center.

DWR says in a statement that it believes the eagles ate grebes that were infected with the virus.

The agency says the migration of the aquatic birds should be over soon so eagle deaths should stop.

It says the birds do not pose a risk to human health but people should not handle eagles if they find them.
West Nile Virus kills 27 bald eagles in Utah | Fox News

Read story on this they are thinking it's radiation from fukushima , that's effecting us all not only showing up in eagles . Story on this and others can be found on before it's news .com China just banned all shellfish from imports from Pacific coast. I live in oregon that's gonna hurt the crab industry terrible bad. But I won't eat it any more either it's showing up in are salmon also here and Canada !!

Oh CRAP! I been buying shrimps that are from China ! That is the only kind I can find in my grocery stores. I was thinking the same thing , that the eagles could be dying because why been happen to the ocean.

What I read says no they ruled out west Nile. They are dying in Idaho ,Montana,Alaska,also.

Back