What did you do today? Part II

Good guess Pfh but actually Wisconsin/Illinois.

there are gals to chase in Richmond? :eek3:

I'm here for business conference. 2 days. then i'm back home on Saturday. I don't mind meeting any ADers along the way :hmm:

Me?

Good guess Pfh but actually Wisconsin/Illinois.

Funny. One July many moons ago I told a lady from Arizona to bring a sweater.

She was like :shock: and said "hahhaa youre kidding."

I made it a point to drive up a 14,000 feet mountain (Pikes Peak) The temperature on top was 28F (-1c I think).

She had never seen that much snow in her life. But yeah. Wisc/Ill... Seeing you're from Canada, just bring summer wear out. :giggle:

lol Arizonians don't know the meaning of the word cold. My girlfriend's son (she grew up here and now lives in AZ, he grew up in OK and now AZ), stepped outside the catch the school bus the other day and came back in to say it was "freezing" outside and he needed a jacket ... it was 21C/70F. LOL

I wish I could pack summer clothes but the temperatures down there will be about the same as they are here right now. Not warm but not cold either ... blah!

there are gals to chase in Richmond? :eek3:

I'm here for business conference. 2 days. then i'm back home on Saturday. I don't mind meeting any ADers along the way :hmm:

correction - looks like there is indeed gals to chase in Richmond....

just got back from diner and I had a fantastic bacon cheeseburger & fries. My waitress is pretty attractive and we had a chit-chat because she noticed my HA. Turned out that she has a deaf sister who is currently attending at VCU where my conference will be held at. And guess what? they communicated with each other via..... CS. veddy veddy interesting! :hmm:

I told her to show me CS since I've never seen it in person. She's fluent in it. As I was about to leave, she asked for my card... gave it to her w/ my # on it... and told her that I'm here for a few days and that we should have a get-together cuz I'm very intrigued about her sister's situation.

Today I visit my mother, get her wisdom, her hugs, her love. Things more clear now.

got up at 9 for a quick hearing test at 9:45 this morning (which I FAILED! needed recent results to send to Medicare for cochlear implant coverage), bugged my mom for a bit, cussed Amazon.com out for emptying out my checking account (I preordered the latest season of Bones, and that was shipped out today, I didn't think it was gonna go out until next week), so then I had to run to work to get online and transfer even more money from my savings to checking so I can get some gas. Got lunch from Hardees then went back to work. Then shortly before 3 I left work and went to see my HA audie to have a new earmold made for my right ear. Then stopped by deaf school library to visit with the librarian (she's a very good friend of mine, she was my interpreter in school for so many years), then I came home. Whew! Was a busy day for me. Now I'm tired.

Worked. Dealt with a celebrity, had a wonderful customer who made my day, and applied for a position in DC. (Deleted this part in case a coworker turns out to be a AD member).

Last edited:
lanapoo what a revolting thing for your boss to say. i'm sorry about the situation at your work.. you can change the world by changing YOUR world. next time a man degrades you at work, take notes -write down the date, time, and what he said. does your boss have a boss you could tell this problem to? if not, maybe you can contact a lawyer. don't ever let men tell you they're better than you.. that's a man that wants to control you psychologically.

ps. hope you get the position in DC-good luck :hug:

Lanapoo, this is unacceptable. This should be reported to HR or Ethics as soon as possible. He needs to know that his actions and words are unwelcome. If your company is too small to have an HR or Ethics department, then you should seek legal advice outside of work. Keep a log of what happens when, where, and who else might have seen or heard.

This is a potentially dangerous situation. This could escalate and you need others around you to know what is happening so they can help if it does escalate. Your boss is actually expressing one or more things. He may be very insecure. He may be jealous of any attention you might receive from others (either real or imagined). He also appears to be testing you to see how much he can get away with.

Don't wait to get help on this. Even if this is as far as he will ever go, it's still unacceptable. I wish I could help you more. Good luck and let us know how things are going.

I went to work, after, did grocery shopping and now relaxing before zumba class.

Lanapoo, this is unacceptable. This should be reported to HR or Ethics as soon as possible. He needs to know that his actions and words are unwelcome. If your company is too small to have an HR or Ethics department, then you should seek legal advice outside of work. Keep a log of what happens when, where, and who else might have seen or heard.

This is a potentially dangerous situation. This could escalate and you need others around you to know what is happening so they can help if it does escalate. Your boss is actually expressing one or more things. He may be very insecure. He may be jealous of any attention you might receive from others (either real or imagined). He also appears to be testing you to see how much he can get away with.

Don't wait to get help on this. Even if this is as far as he will ever go, it's still unacceptable. I wish I could help you more. Good luck and let us know how things are going.

Thanks for the advice. I have started documenting every thing he says to me. And there's no HR department. Here's the sad thing. His father is the CEO of my company so he thinks it's okay.

My coworkers know and they tell me, "Oh, he's just joking. Tough it out. That's who he is." And they have been working there for 15 years or so. He also recently got divorced, but I'm not sure if it's the reason why he's doing it. My coworker has gone through the same thing way before he even got divorced. It's just the way he is and he needs a harsh slap of reality and I intend to give that slap if he continues.

correction - looks like there is indeed gals to chase in Richmond....

just got back from diner and I had a fantastic bacon cheeseburger & fries. My waitress is pretty attractive and we had a chit-chat because she noticed my HA. Turned out that she has a deaf sister who is currently attending at VCU where my conference will be held at. And guess what? they communicated with each other via..... CS. veddy veddy interesting! :hmm:

I told her to show me CS since I've never seen it in person. She's fluent in it. As I was about to leave, she asked for my card... gave it to her w/ my # on it... and told her that I'm here for a few days and that we should have a get-together cuz I'm very intrigued about her sister's situation.

That is so excellence! I hope that it will come out good news for you. By the way, what is CS? My mind is not clear today... bummer.

didn't do much today except cleaned and did some work for my online courses.. now i'm relaxing and eating

My day was spent running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Back