2007 NHL Stanaly Cup Playoffs

Sharky99

Reaction score
Ok hockey fans... the 2007 NHL Stanely Cup playoffs will start this Wednesday April 11th....so who will emerge as champions now that the 2006 Stanley Cup champions Carolina Hurricanes wont be in the playoffs to defend their title?? Will post series data and history later on!!

Ok hockey fans... the 2007 NHL Stanely Cup playoffs will start this Wednesday April 11th....so who will emerge as champions now that the 2006 Stanley Cup champions Carolina Hurricanes wont be in the playoffs to defend their title?? Will post series data and history later on!!

Another year without The Cup for my NHL team, Bonst Bruins. :|

I am going with Final Four - Bufflalo - Pittsburgh and Detriot - Anahiem.

I knows bet NHL playoffs are worst to bet than any sport like Carolina and Tampa Bay won last two Cups as they were not favorite to win.

Yeah MaxUFC... however your Bruins have won the Stanley Cup 5 times, the last one in 1972 vs the New York Rangers...I'm sure the Bruins will be on the rise soon or later and will be Cup champs again....

Now onto the playoff stats...

Eastern Conference

Buffalo Sabres @ New York Islanders
Meetings: 1975/76 - NYIsles 4 Buf 2 in Quarterfinals, 1976/77 NYIsles 4 Buf 0 in Quarterfinals, and 1979/80 NYIsles 4 Buf 2 in Stanley Cup semifinals

Buffalo is favored to go all the way to the Cup Finals and could brush aside the Isles in 4 or 5 games...but the Isles will be determined to give Buffalo some headaches...

New Jersey Devils @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Meetings: 2002/03 NJ 4 TB 1 in Eastern Conf Semifinals

NJ figures to try for a 4th Stanley Cup and one has to wonder if TB can repeat that 2004 magic?? Maybe 6 or 7 games for NJ or TB to move on...

Atlanta Thrashers @ New York Rangers
Meetings: First ever meeting.. however NYR has been in the playoffs the last 2 years (2006 and 2007) after missing the playoffs from 1998 to 2004.. Atlanta is celebrating their first ever playoff appearance in 8 years of their franchise history....NYR might push Atlanta aside in say, 6 games...

Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins
Meetings: First ever meeting.. however Ottawa has been favored before to win the Cup and have came up flat often, especially in the first round of the playoffs... Can Ottawa slingshot all teh way to the Cup Final or will the young Penguins who have finally appeared in the playoffs for the first time since 2001 with Sid the Kid and Malkin and Staal trying to have the team advance deep if so.. Ottawa in 6 games over Pittsburgh

Western Conference

Calgary Flames @ Detroit Red Wings
Meetings: 1977/78 Det 2 Atlanta Flames 0 in Preliminary Round, 2003/04 Cgy 4 Det 2 in Western Conference Semifinals... Calgary wants to go back to the Stanley Cup Final like in 2004 and might have a hard time getting past the Wings.. Detroithas Hasek back in goal and might be something to deal with... I will say this, Calgary could push Detroit out in 7 games...

Anaheim Ducks @ Minnesota Wild
Meetings; 2002/03 Ana 4 Min 0 in Western Conference Final..Anaheim, like Buffalo is favored to go to the Cup Finals and has been there before in 2003, losing to NJ in 7 games... Minnesota however might give Anaheim some ruffled feathers in games... Anaheim in 7 games over Minnesota

Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars
Meetings: 1993/94 Van 4 Dall 1 in Western Conference Semifinal...Vancouver do have the world class goalie in Roberto Loungo and Dallas can counter that with Marty Turco in goal.. the Canucks feel they can go like Calgary and Edmonton did all the way to the Cup final... Vancouver in 5 or 6 games over Dallas

Nashville Predators @ San Jose Sharks
Meetings: 2005/06 SJ 4 Nsh 1 in Western Conference Quarterfinals... SJ is thinking Stanley Cup or bust, so is Nashville too.. only SJ has gone deep a few times, last time was 2004 in the Western Conference Final, falling 2 games short to going to the Cup Final vs Calgary... Nashville might challenge Anaheim and Buffalo for the right to hoist the Stanley Cup but can the Preds go there?? NSh in 7 games over SJ

Any other predictions eh gophers?? Or any hockey questoins I can answer for ya if needed eh?

Anaheim Ducks will feather up and quack at Minnisota LOL woohooo they will be at home doing this will wave while I drive by the Honda Center..might yell a big quack jk :giggle:

Are all these predictions your own or got these predictions elsewhere?

I'm not much of a hockey fan, ever since the day I had seen a puck fly smack into a mouth of a player, knocking out most of his teeth long time ago! :lol: But really, I might occasionally watch a match here and there, have been to a couple before as well.

Anyhow, hope you're enjoying the playoffs, ringing the cowbell...... :D

Which 'two' teams do you think will play in the Finals? :hmm:

~RR

Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars
Meetings: 1993/94 Van 4 Dall 1 in Western Conference Semifinal...Vancouver do have the world class goalie in Roberto Loungo and Dallas can counter that with Marty Turco in goal.. the Canucks feel they can go like Calgary and Edmonton did all the way to the Cup final... Vancouver in 5 or 6 games over Dallas

oh poo yourself. Dallas will win this round! bwhaha

Are all these predictions your own or got these predictions elsewhere?

I'm not much of a hockey fan, ever since the day I had seen a puck fly smack into a mouth of a player, knocking out most of his teeth long time ago! :lol: But really, I might occasionally watch a match here and there, have been to a couple before as well.

Anyhow, hope you're enjoying the playoffs, ringing the cowbell...... :D

Which 'two' teams do you think will play in the Finals? :hmm:

~RR

LOL RR...well that my own opinions on the series... trying to get a good feeling for each series and figure out... the 2 teams that will play in the Stanley Cup Finals might be the Anaheim Ducks and Buffalo Sabres but other teams will have something to say.. I prefer to see Vancouver or Calgary and Ottawa in the Cup Finals (2 Canadian teams there) to compete for the Cup... I do hope they follow what Calgary did in 2004 and Edmonton did last year (2006) so I will enjoy this more.. yeah been watching this for a long time since the 1987 Stanley Cup Finals (Philadelphia Flyers vs Edmonton Oilers - Edm won in 7 games) and have written down some stuff on my hockey recordbooks...phew....

oh poo yourself. Dallas will win this round! bwhaha

HAHA PowerOn... I dunno if Dallas would win... goaltending will determine that somehow and I would think Vancouver might have a good chance of kicking Dallas out fast...lol....

Anaheim Ducks will feather up and quack at Minnisota LOL woohooo they will be at home doing this will wave while I drive by the Honda Center..might yell a big quack jk :giggle:

LOL Ocean..were there some mallard ducks watching nearby?? LOL I Bet some folks went home happy as Anaheim went up 2 games to 0 on Minnesota..now let's see if Anaheim can try to sweep the next 2 games or Minnesota will roar back....and as for ya ging to quack.. ohhhh ya gonna be stared at or hammered..lol....

LOL Ocean..were there some mallard ducks watching nearby?? LOL I Bet some folks went home happy as Anaheim went up 2 games to 0 on Minnesota..now let's see if Anaheim can try to sweep the next 2 games or Minnesota will roar back....and as for ya ging to quack.. ohhhh ya gonna be stared at or hammered..lol....

LOL.. I passed by Honda Center after the game parking lot empty ..good to know Ducks beat Minnesota heehee they heard me quacking heehee..I am sure won't get hammered will have full Anaheim Duck fans full force behind me smile

Im hoping that Penguins will come back again! Im sure Mario Lemieux would be thrilled!

Ok update on this....

Eastern Conference:

Bufflalo leads 2 games to 1 over NY Isles... would Buffalo be able to move closer to ending the series tonite or will the Isles battle back and tie the series?

Tampa leads 2 games to 1 over New Jersey...is Marty Brodeur flattering or is it that Tampa's scorers are getting good?? Hmm...

NY Rangers leading 3 games to 0 over Atlanta..is the Thrashers's season over tonite or will the Rangers choke and let Atlanta back in? Will see how the Thrashers react to that...

Ottawa leads 3 games to 1... is the Penguins on the verge of being done by the Senators? Can Pittsburgh mount a comeback or will Ottawa make sure to end the series as soon as possible to recover and wait for the next opponent?

Western Conference:

Detroit leads 2 games to 1 over Calgary...is the Red Wings on the way to another collaspe now that Calgary has figured out Hasek and try to even the series??

Anaheim leads 3 games to 1 over Minnesota... the Ducks failed to close out the series last night but will have one more chance for Game 5.. will the Ducks succeed or will the Wild roar back and dish out more trouble?

Vancouver leads 3 games to 1.. is Roberto Lonugo the answer for the Canucks seeking good goaltending on the way to the Stanley Cup?? So far he has been a workhorse!! Dallas might be flattering again as well but will the Stars wake up or is it too late?

San Jose leads 2 games to 1 over Nashville... the series has already gotten nasty due to massive hits and injuries and suspensions.. ohh will that go the way to the maximum or will it be over fast?

Update:

Ottawa have now kicked Pittsburgh out of the playoffs tonite with a 3-0 win in Game 5 and the series 4 games to 1... yesterday the NY Rangers have swept Atlanta out in 4 straight... will Vancouver and Anaheim join Ottawa and NYRangers in the next round?? Vancouver leads Dallas 3 games to 1 and could close the series tonite in Game 5... Anaheim will have to end Minnesota's season tonite as well and Anaheim leads 3 games to 1 as well..more to come later...

Update:

Ottawa have now kicked Pittsburgh out of the playoffs tonite with a 3-0 win in Game 5 and the series 4 games to 1... yesterday the NY Rangers have swept Atlanta out in 4 straight... will Vancouver and Anaheim join Ottawa and NYRangers in the next round?? Vancouver leads Dallas 3 games to 1 and could close the series tonite in Game 5... Anaheim will have to end Minnesota's season tonite as well and Anaheim leads 3 games to 1 as well..more to come later...

What is the status on the Anaheim Ducks, please? :)

SJ sharks info please!!

Javapride... your San Jose Sharks are 1 win away from sending Nashville home for the summer tonite.. will SJ be able to do it since this series is getting out of hand a bit with the fighting and stick work and etc.. oohhh boy what a series... but do beware, Nashville will try to battle back and win and I am sure SJ do not want any part of that.. so it will end tonite or so...

What is the status on the Anaheim Ducks, please? :)

Ocean...ya can start celebrating... your Ducks are now in the 2nd round after finishing off Minnesota last night 4 games to 1... man the Ducks are ready to take on anyone..and will have to wait to see who Anaheim faces.. hmmm... gonna be interesting....

Tonite, Buffalo also will have a chance to kick the NY Islanders out of the playoffs with a win in Game 5 ... can the Sabres go on or will teh Isles play hard to stay alive?

Go Ducks! Will you help celebrate with me?
:giggle:

Sure Ocean.. lol.. time to quack louder........ hahaha.. .but wait and see who Anaheim face first in the second round..could be tough...

Back