Deaf Boxer

Southern

Reaction score
My boyfriend boxes and is worried that when he becomes Deaf he won't be able to box anymore. I said that is crazy talk there are Deaf boxers out there..... So can anyone give me the names of better known Deaf boxers? i want to be able to tell him what to look up.
Thanks everyone!! :ty: :afro:

My boyfriend boxes and is worried that when he becomes Deaf he won't be able to box anymore. I said that is crazy talk there are Deaf boxers out there..... So can anyone give me the names of better known Deaf boxers? i want to be able to tell him what to look up.
Thanks everyone!! :ty: :afro:

There is a deaf guy is a boxer, from Toledo, and his brother(hearing) is lot of champion boxer. Deaf boxer also has lot of champs. His name and his brother's is Dallas and Devon. They been traveling all over U S and also world and Dallas' brother was in olympic.

Yes, there several deafs join boxing. I was in college and met deaf guy is boxer. I watch him doing match. He did good job.

Your boyfriend is being stupid. He will become deaf it does not mean he can't boxing, driving, or doing anything normal. The only normal thing he will not be able to do is hear the sounds. He will adapt and depend on his eyes for catching everything. In a sport like boxing, you don't need to depend on ears to hear the sounds because he will get hit more if he depends on the sound. If he can see, he should be fine.

:ugh3:

Your boyfriend is being stupid. He will become deaf it does not mean he can't boxing, driving, or doing anything normal. The only normal thing he will not be able to do is hear the sounds. He will adapt and depend on his eyes for catching everything. In a sport like boxing, you don't need to depend on ears to hear the sounds because he will get hit more if he depends on the sound. If he can see, he should be fine.

:ugh3:

He is not stupid. Bec many have not familiar in deaf world. You have to let them see in their eyes and give them time to experience.

He is not stupid. Bec many have not familiar in deaf world. You have to let them see in their eyes and give them time to experience.

What he said was stupid, not because he is stupid as a person. Do you understand the difference? I didn't mean to insult him as a whole person, what he thought was wrong and stupid. Maybe you should re read my post directly to Southern in a different topic. I explained to Southern that he is going through a hard time in his life.

I'm not a mean person as you thought I was. I guess I made a wrong impression, but it does not mean I don't have a respect for someone.

What he said was stupid, not because he is stupid as a person. Do you understand the difference? I didn't mean to insult him as a whole person, what he thought was wrong and stupid. Maybe you should re read my post directly to Southern in a different topic. I explained to Southern that he is going through a hard time in his life.

I'm not a mean person as you thought I was. I guess I made a wrong impression, but it does not mean I don't have a respect for someone.

I know what you mean. And I get your point. But it still not good way of saying that. Stupid or being stupid, as the word stupid is pretty harsh. Ignorant is a better word, but many misuse the word ignorant, stupid and ignorant isn't the same meaning. Ignorant mean, not familiar with or didn't know. But as a word lack of knowledge still seem unfit, depend on how a person saying it with an attitude.

I know what you mean. And I get your point. But it still not good way of saying that. Stupid or being stupid, as the word stupid is pretty harsh. Ignorant is a better word, but many misuse the word ignorant, stupid and ignorant isn't the same meaning. Ignorant mean, not familiar with or didn't know. But as a word lack of knowledge still seem unfit, depend on how a person saying it with an attitude.

I dont blame CaneCorse s feeling.. I felt same way as i read each posts... sounds like his friend has very low self=esteem.. thinking that most deafies cannot do anything with their way of life... career.... college........ all deafies can do anthing if they put their mind set on certain places..... being deaf does not prevent any deafing from achieveing their goals in life...

Although not strictly a boxer, don't overlook Matt Hammill of the UFC!

I heard about him a while back when some person made a post about it and I asked who Matt Hammil was they called me a dumbass for not knowing and the thread just went downhill from there. :lol:

Well now I sort of know. But the Deaf can do anything besides hear.

I agreed because you got a good point there, He's new to this losing hearing experience, he's just worried this is gonna happen to him, I see nothing wrong with his fears. ;)

My friend who does karate so I am sure there deaf involved the boxer too.

Back