Finding Deaf Community!?

zazulak44

Reaction score
I am making a sincere effort to find deaf people in my area and i cant find any! i know they are plenty of deaf ppl here.
How do i find deaf people? any ideas?

I am making a sincere effort to find deaf people in my area and i cant find any! i know they are plenty of deaf ppl here.
How do i find deaf people? any ideas?

Go outside and ring a bell. If nobody responds, you are in a deaf area. :P

^^ LOL :lol:

In all seriousness, zaz, where are you from?

hahahaha what i usually do is i go into neighborhoods at midnight and honk my horn for 5 minutes. then, if there is a house that has not turned on a light then i know deaf people live there :p just kidding. but all seriousness though, i live in longview tx.
i feel sad because i am learnign the language but have no one to talk to!

There are quite a few people here on this forum from Texas. Let's see if anybody from Texas can help you out here.

well on the introduction thread i posted that im from longview tx and if anyone is from this area. i dont think anyone has responded

I'm in Texas. I haven't been to Longview in a long time but I'm familiar with the area.

There are deaf communities in Austin and Houston. I don't know about Dallas/Fort Worth. We've got a couple of people here who can fill you in on that.

Welcome to AD! :wave:

yea i have friends in the deaf community that go to a Christian Congregation that is all ASL. I have gone there before and it was great to see that meeting :)
and also the city of tyler which is close to me has a community and local ASL congregation also. but i still have not found any deaf people in my city :/

Hi Zazu, you have found us at least. I have found AllDeaf to be a wonderful online community and a great substitute, as I unable to integrate with the Deaf community where I am located.

hahahaha what i usually do is i go into neighborhoods at midnight and honk my horn for 5 minutes. then, if there is a house that has not turned on a light then i know deaf people live there :p just kidding. but all seriousness though, i live in longview tx.
i feel sad because i am learnign the language but have no one to talk to!

I saw the Pepsi ad about that. I love it when the deaf men tried to figure out where someone who is deaf are at home but where. One of them got the idea that if they honk the horn maybe the lights will come on. Sure enough, there is many house lights on and only one of the houses did not have the light on. Bingo, that is where the deaf live. They went up the door and push the button for the light inside flashing and the deaf person answer the door. Pretty neat, eh? I will never forget about that spiffy commercial. :)

Go outside and ring a bell. If nobody responds, you are in a deaf area. :P

When is a landowner allowed to shoot at a trespasser? According to Section 9.42 of the Texas Penal Code, a landowner can shoot at or use other deadly force against a trespasser if the landowner reasonably believes the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means, or that the landowner himself would be exposed to substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury if the landowner does not use deadly force. A landowner can also shoot at or use other deadly force against a trespasser if the force is immediately necessary to prevent the trespasser's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or to prevent the trespasser who is fleeing immediately after committing one of those acts from escaping with the property. "Criminal mischief" includes "knowingly or intentionally damaging or destroying, tampering with or marking, inscribing slogans, drawing or painting on tangible property " of the property owner.
Using potentially dangerous measures to protect your property is not recommended in all cases, as it can expose a property owner to possible physical harm and also criminal prosecution if too much force is used. However, property owners should be aware of, and exercise, their right to protect their property under the proper circumstances.

http://equinelaw.alisonrowe.com/200...ow-to-deal-with-trespassers-on-your-property/

Not good idea! :lol:

When is a landowner allowed to shoot at a trespasser? According to Section 9.42 of the Texas Penal Code, a landowner can shoot at or use other deadly force against a trespasser if the landowner reasonably believes the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means, or that the landowner himself would be exposed to substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury if the landowner does not use deadly force. A landowner can also shoot at or use other deadly force against a trespasser if the force is immediately necessary to prevent the trespasser's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or to prevent the trespasser who is fleeing immediately after committing one of those acts from escaping with the property. "Criminal mischief" includes "knowingly or intentionally damaging or destroying, tampering with or marking, inscribing slogans, drawing or painting on tangible property " of the property owner.
Using potentially dangerous measures to protect your property is not recommended in all cases, as it can expose a property owner to possible physical harm and also criminal prosecution if too much force is used. However, property owners should be aware of, and exercise, their right to protect their property under the proper circumstances.

How to Deal with Trespassers on Your Property : Equine Law Blog

Not good idea! :lol:

Apparantly not! I will cross that off my list of deaf seeking behaviors! :wave:

Bebonang, i never saw that commercial. i thought i was being witty about saying that but appearently i wasnt lol :)

authentic, im aware of that law because a kid got shot and killed while RUNNING AWAY from a house here in my city of Longview!! imagin that! thanks for the reminder. i will try not to do anything suspicious :)

I'm having the same problem. I live in Modesto CA and can't find any luck on finding the deaf community around here.

I do suggest though trying to take up a sign-language class! that's what I'm going to do and who knows, I might run into someone :D

I'm having the same problem. I live in Modesto CA and can't find any luck on finding the deaf community around here.

I do suggest though trying to take up a sign-language class! that's what I'm going to do and who knows, I might run into someone :D

What? Are you kidding? There are many deaf people live in Modesto, and should have deaf coffee house or deaf bowling league in there.

What? Are you kidding? There are many deaf people live in Modesto, and should have deaf coffee house or deaf bowling league in there.

Seriously?? My fiance is loves to bowl! Maybe I should go out there and see if I can find them.

Back