Hey Rosetta Stone - How about teaching ASL?

R

rockdrummer

I understand that Rosetta Stone methods are enabling people to learn new languages quickly but they don't offer ASL lessons. I wounder if they could use the same techniques to teach sign languages.

Source

The best technology-based solutions for learning languages

Everything we do at Rosetta Stone revolves around a simple idea: learning a language should be fun, easy and effective.

We approach language learning the same way that you first learned a language — using a natural method that teaches new language directly, without translation. That means no more confusing grammar explanations or mind-numbing vocabulary lists to memorize.

As the leading language-learning software in the world, Rosetta Stone makes learning a new language second nature. Millions of learners in more than 150 countries have already used our software to gain the confidence that comes with truly knowing a new language. We’re continually improving our software technology and adding new products. With Rosetta Stone at the helm, the future of language learning is very bright indeed.

I believe they do. I had a former deaf student using Rosetta Stone to review ASL at the community college lab.

I believe they do. I had a former deaf student using Rosetta Stone to review ASL at the community college lab.
I don't see it on the website as a listed language. Can you give any further information about this?

I don't see it on the website as a listed language. Can you give any further information about this?

Yes, I noticed its not listed on the website. It was strange how it was in the community college lab while I worked with a deaf student using the ASL program by Rosetta Stone. I would probably email Rosette and ask for it. Maybe, not all languages are on website.

Yes, I noticed its not listed on the website. It was strange how it was in the community college lab while I worked with a deaf student using the ASL program by Rosetta Stone. I would probably email Rosette and ask for it. Maybe, not all languages are on website.
Would it be possible for you to pm me the community college info and I will contact them to see how / where they got it. Thank you.. or if you prefer you could contact them and post here for others to benefit from. I appreciate your time.

Emailing Rosetta sounds like a good idea. I was wondering about this with the childrens language cartoon name Muzzy. I guess with a cartoon it would be a bit harder though. Can't to hear what Rosetta says.

Would it be possible for you to pm me the community college info and I will contact them to see how / where they got it. Thank you.. or if you prefer you could contact them and post here for others to benefit from. I appreciate your time.

I suggest call Rosetta Stone or email them. I remember this was back in 2005 when I saw it. Many colleges go through construction and always changing buildings , it can be likely that its not there anymore. I would suggest contacting Rosetta Stone since, they make the product not the college.

Has anyone actually used the rosetta stone ASL course and if so, how was it? Did you learn fast?

UGH!! I contacted a local Rosetta Stone store and was told that the ASL program was in the making and to contact corporate to find out when it will be released. When I called corporate they told me they dont' offer an ASL program and there is not any plans to do so. I just love it when I get conflicting information.

Oh man, that's really a confusing reply indeed. I would suggest taking ASL classes that's where you will get some good training.

UGH!! I contacted a local Rosetta Stone store and was told that the ASL program was in the making and to contact corporate to find out when it will be released. When I called corporate they told me they dont' offer an ASL program and there is not any plans to do so. I just love it when I get conflicting information.

That's a shame!

Like OB7 said, what about taking ASL classes?

That's too bad. Creating an ASL program would have been an excellent idea because I've heard alot of great things about the Rosetta Stone language series.

I have seen the Rosetta tv ad few times but never thought about the ASL language before. Yup, they should have it, too... shame!

Thanks!. I know about ASL classes. I was curious about Rosetta Stone teaching ASL because of how fast they claim they can teach a Language. I thought to myself "What about ASL?" but when I went to the site I didn't see it listed which is what prompted me to create the thread. Oh well... I guess it's their loss (no additional revenue)

Thanks!. I know about ASL classes. I was curious about Rosetta Stone teaching ASL because of how fast they claim they can teach a Language. I thought to myself "What about ASL?" but when I went to the site I didn't see it listed which is what prompted me to create the thread. Oh well... I guess it's their loss (no additional revenue)

Yes, even though they teach Spanish, I wouldn't invest money on the DVD/CD rather advance in the language taking a Spanish class. You will gain much more learning in the deaf culture and have fun! I will be studying Spanish in the fall :)

Man it would sure be cool if they would offer like a course in it. Ya know? Grammer, syntax and the works for ASL. Hmmmm, maybe one day!

Does anyone know of a website which uses Vlogs online to teach ASL in a systematic classroom type way, and that are for free?

Back