Boy woke up from coffin, ask for water then back to dead.

PowerON

Reaction score
‘Dead' boy wakes up and asks for water at funeral in Brazil

A TWO-YEAR-OLD boy sat up in his coffin and asked for water before laying back down again lifeless, according to a Brazilian news website.

Website ORM claimed that Kelvin Santos stopped breathing during treatment for pneumonia at a hospital in Belem, northern Brazil.

He was declared dead at 7.40pm on Friday and his body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag.

The child's devastated family took him home where grieving relatives held a wake throughout the night, with the boy's body laid in an open coffin.

But an hour before his funeral was due to take place on Saturday the boy apparently sat up in his coffin and said: "Daddy, can I have some water?".

The boy's father, Antonio Santos, said: "Everybody started to scream, we couldn't believe our eyes. Then we thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life.

"Then Kelvin just laid back down, the way he was. We couldn't wake him. He was dead again."

> more to read...

I'm sure it's hoax. However, I thought that one of comment is funny...

"Doctor, quick! It turns out my son isn't dead! He just sat up and asked for water."
"Well did you give him water?"
"No"
"Well that's good, a dead person wouldn't know what to do with a glass of water, amirite? Just go bury him."
"But doesn't the fact that he asked for water mean he's not dead?"
"No that's common. It's called, umm, post-hypo-hydro-desirucus. After death the human body sometimes has lingering nerve transmissions that cause it to ... uh ... sit up and ask for water."
"Really?"
"Just bury him dude, alright?"
"But I think he's still alive!"
doctor pulls out a stethoscope, slides it along the wall, licks the tip of his finger and holds it into the air to check the wind
"No sir, I'm afraid he's dead."
"What about the noise he's making right now? It sounds like snoring."
"That's just gas leaving the body, please go bury your child."
Child gets up and walks off the examination table
"Daddy I want to go home"
"Will someone please shut this dead kid up and bury him already!?"

If it were not a hoax then hospital must have performed mistakely as usual. Creepy news. Ha

Why this crazy stuff never happens in USA!

It's always another poor country.

Wirelessly posted

Poor countries do not ebalm. I also feel that if they suspected he was still alive why in the heck did the father only waited for an hour to bury him.

If it were not a hoax then hospital must have performed mistakely as usual. Creepy news. Ha

I don't know. The child was handed over to the family in a plastic bag. How long could one survive in there?

I don't know. The child was handed over to the family in a plastic bag. How long could one survive in there?

Right....feel the family was having hallucuations...anyhow...if I woke up in a coffin...I would not be asking for some water....I'd say "Give me the Whiskey Bottle, dammit"!..and go back to sleep....:giggle:

That was a lot more common before the modern era, and they used to put a bell with a pull inside coffins, to give people who weren't really dead a chance to be saved if they woke up buried.

Right....feel the family was having hallucuations...anyhow...if I woke up in a coffin...I would not be asking for some water....I'd say "Give me the Whiskey Bottle, dammit"!..and go back to sleep....:giggle:

:lol:

it sure is creepy, and i think embalming is creepier, i for one thinks embalming should be banned...just how many people they made sure not to come back?? come think of it, its probably insurance companies would be the first to reject the banning of embalming...

Wirelessly posted

Bottesini said:
That was a lot more common before the modern era, and they used to put a bell with a pull inside coffins, to give people who weren't really dead a chance to be saved if they woke up buried.

Yup, that is where the term. "Saved by the bell" came from. I feel the boy may have sat up. Nerves and muscles do funny things once a person passes. I know a turtles heart can beat for days after death.

Yeah that had to been horrible being buried alive!

Under the condition when being bury, there is lack of air in the underground. Would die in matter of minutes.

it sure is creepy, and i think embalming is creepier, i for one thinks embalming should be banned...just how many people they made sure not to come back?? come think of it, its probably insurance companies would be the first to reject the banning of embalming...

yeah i agree embalming is creepy,if not dead before sure would be after.

You all should read Edgar Allen Poe's 'The Premature Burial.' It discusses several real-life incidences where people were buried alive. Did you know that Poe suffered from a condition that would occasionally leave him completely comatose for a while, and he would appear dead? He was so afraid that he would be mistaken for dead that he insisted on being buried somewhere that had easy access to get out if he ever needed to.

I was told of a grave that was opened and the inside was all scratched where this poor woman had been scrating to get out,but maybe urban legend

I felt for the family. What a horrible thing to witness as a parent. The hospital should be held liable....tragic more than creepy. God bless that little boy and his family.

I was told of a grave that was opened and the inside was all scratched where this poor woman had been scrating to get out,but maybe urban legend

It has definitely happened! Poe tells about several cases just like this in his short story. Back in the older days, they didn't have the technology to determine that a person was absolutely deceased, so it wasn't extremely uncommon for a living person to be declared dead.

Do you know what Elvis would be doing if he were alive today?

scratching the lid of his coffin.

Back