Work from home for Deaf?

Southern

Reaction score
Hey everyone. A friend of mine is a full time student and doesn’t have transportation. He lives close enough to the college that he can walk. He needs some income though and is having trouble finding a job. Especially given the transportation issue. Do any of you know of jobs that can be done from home via the internet that are reputable? Any that you may already be using yourselves? I don't want any schemes or bad places. I have tried to look for him but so many require you talking on the phone like customer service, and since he is Deaf this is not a possibility. Any help would be much appreciated!:fingersx:

There are some companies that provide "work from home" jobs. Just keep looking.

Try MonsterJobs.com?

Hey everyone. A friend of mine is a full time student and doesn’t have transportation. He lives close enough to the college that he can walk. He needs some income though and is having trouble finding a job. Especially given the transportation issue. Do any of you know of jobs that can be done from home via the internet that are reputable? Any that you may already be using yourselves? I don't want any schemes or bad places. I have tried to look for him but so many require you talking on the phone like customer service, and since he is Deaf this is not a possibility. Any help would be much appreciated!:fingersx:

Any updates? Are you working at home now?
Im looking for typing at home or something similiar. Any luck?
Suzi

Thats a great idea. I too have been searching for a online company to start up with for very low cost. If anyone know of any reputable websites please let me know. Thanks!

The only thing is sell crafts. like basket making and things like that. He can order supplies from the internet so he doesn't have to go out the door.

work at home

I'm looking for a work at home job to pay off some debt and start saving up for the future. I like to research some opportunities that requires an investment of only $30.00 or less or even free to startup. Please respond to this e-mail with alldeaf home work in the subject line.
Blue76River2006@aol.com
I am hearing impaired and a full time college studentwho has some medical bills to pay. Please send me information. Thank you.

Does he have free bus rides at college?

How about buying a used and cheap car for now so that he could make money at work?

I worked every summer to make money, and then go back to school in the fall. I think that it is only way.

How about if he gets a job at college such as a busboy or waiter? I understand that your friend has a full time student. It is better than nothing.

It is not a simple to work at home because there are so many out there doing the same thing. It would be lucky if his business is popular. That would be rare. I have thought of it for my own business, and it is extremely difficult to be deal with scammers online. Actually, authorities and FBI agents will NOT help you to catch the scammer unless you work for the government - that's whole different story. (Actually, I learned my lesson.)

What about working for a business but do the work for them at home? Any opportunities for deaf people in doing that?

What about working for a business but do the work for them at home? Any opportunities for deaf people in doing that?

Good question. No idea. No deaf people ever bring up or talk about their home business in the public - I mean to meet with people, not on the deaf forum.

i dont have drives so i ride bus i told my mom many times i would drives MUST!

but i can going anywhere what i wanted it im 25 years old

so i have jobs and i dont like work at home and NOTHING!

Good question. No idea. No deaf people ever bring up or talk about their home business in the public - I mean to meet with people, not on the deaf forum.

The reason is my friend who is a homemaker would like to work for a company but do it at home. Her youngest daughter will start school full time in the fall so she will be alone all day. She is looking for a part time job working from home. She has contacted several medical offices and they told her that she needs to be able to do phone work. :ugh3:

i dont have drives so i ride bus i told my mom many times i would drives MUST!

but i can going anywhere what i wanted it im 25 years old

so i have jobs and i dont like work at home and NOTHING!
What's stopping you from getting a drivers license and a car?

Try surveys. They pay you, not sure if it's real, I never tried but some of my friends got paid some.

surveys work, but they don't pay a lot, and usually they won't send checks until you meet the minimum requirement for getting paid.

I am thinking about PayPal. Do you think that it is worth it for you to use the PayPal service for your home business? I would think that eBay is making too much money and too greedy. What about a bank service in your local? (I am not familiar with the bank service.)

I only know that we must not use escow services because they are well-known for scammer's business.

paypal is basically like an online bank. so for a home based business.. you can tell people to pay for their stuff via paypal. But I think Paypal requires that you have a bank account connected to your account with paypal. So if you want to use it to collect money via home based business.. you could.

And paypal requires a fee if someone transfers money from their paypal to yours. I think it depends on amount. I had gotten a transaction from a friend, and ended up costing him like 7 or 8 bucks for the transaction.. so you have to bear their transfer fees in mind when asking people to pay via paypal.

This is personal expierence. So it's just a Fyi.

Yeah, I am deaf and work from home too. I am an independent consultant and trainer with the Southern Living at HOME. We have about seven deaf consultants in the U.S. and need to have more deaf people to join the team. So, deaf consultant can representative in their hometown.

Southern Living at HOME is a product division of Southern Living Magazine! We offer a wide range of beautiful home and garden items such as candles, exclusive handmade pottery, books, magazines, ironware, gorgeous home accents and much more!!

I love it very much! My customer love those products! You can check out my website for more information. I will be more than happy to work with you!!

If you are interested then check out my website and enter the contact form. I will contact you further information!!

Good luck on home based business hunting :)

Hello,

I'm trying to follow the job posting guidelines so hopefully I don't get in trouble for this! Ha! I just started a new business, www.logicdepartment.com and am looking for people to work for me. They must have high speed internet, videophone, and computer. Those who work for me will be a lot of contacts through videophone, do different administration stuff, calling, tutoring, background checks, etc. If you are interested, go to the website, click on the e-mail under 'Contact Us' tab to me for interest in working for me. It is a work from home, independent contractor position and hours are flexible. It is up to you to decide if it's a scam or not but I promise it is not a scam but please do let me know if it 'sounds' like a scam. I am worried for that but I need staff.

Back