A Question For Homosexuals

AquaBlue

Reaction score
Now I need to be certain that the following question does not insult any sensitive same-sex individual - that is not my intent. This is important to understand and know.

Now as a hetrosexual man I do could not understand the homosexual lifestyle simple because I am not a hetrosexual. So all I can do is ask: Are homosexuals normally born homosexual or do some become homosexual as a lifestyle choice?

Again since I am not homosexual myself I could not know this answer. Please note that I do not have any negative or anti-gay intension when asking this question. I just want to be in the know. Thanks you kindly.

__

Now I need to be certain that the following question does not insult any sensitive same-sex individual - that is not my intent. This is important to understand and know.

Now as a hetrosexual man I do could not understand the homosexual lifestyle simple because I am not a hetrosexual. So all I can do is ask: Are homosexuals normally born homosexual or do some become homosexual as a lifestyle choice?

Again since I am not homosexual myself I could not know this answer. Please note that I do not have any negative or anti-gay intension when asking this question. I just want to be in the know. Thanks you kindly.

__

cool thread. good for people who are curious too but afraid to ask. I appreciate your sensitivity.

the answer is either one.

My friend was born homosexual. Nothing wrong with that.

My other friend became homosexual by lifestyle choice at a much later age because of his shitty luck with women. He's a much happier man now. Nothing wrong with that either.

I support them and they're my good friends.

Okay then so are the majority of homosexual men and women born gay or live the lifestyle as not being born homosexual?

Now I ask this question in this forum because I have noted that, unlike the hearing world, deaf homosexuals are much more open about their sexual orientation that that of hearing folks. So that is why I ask my question on this forum.

Okay then so are the majority of homosexual men and women born gay or live the lifestyle as not being born homosexual?

I don't know. You'll have to ask them :) and they're not afraid to answer your question as long as you keep an open mind.

Most of my gay friends - I know how they become gay. I'd say it's 50-50 - some born gay, some became gay by choice.

Now I ask this question in this forum because I have noted that, unlike the hearing world, deaf homosexuals are much more open about their sexual orientation that that of hearing folks. So that is why I ask my question on this forum.

really? interesting.

For me, same thing - both hearie and deafie. Maybe deaf gay people are more comfortable opening up to deafie than hearie because of communication issue?

:dunno:

Maybe I need to get out more. :laugh2:

no. more like - you should try hanging out at gay places :lol:

and keep an open mind. don't be afraid to ask because they know. they've dealt with it from their family/friends/etc.

Oh I am a cool chap. No need to be concerned. I am highly respectful and sensitive.

Oh I am a cool chap. No need to be concerned. I am highly respectful and sensitive.

no need to tell me that. I already know based on your posts :cool2:

btw - welcome back to AD. it's been a while! lemme guess - you blacked out again? lol bad joke.

I stop, sadly enough, signing for the simple fact that I do not know one single deaf person to sign with. I mean, books and DVDs can only teach you so much. Application of the language is the key toward fluency. So today, I stand in between my lessons and becoming a welcomed hearie in the Deaf culture. Oh how much I hope to meet, at least one, deaf person and develop friendships in that beautiful culture. It's a frustration for me truly.

:wave: Aqua I appreciate that you are just honestly questioning-

the majority of people I know in the GLBTQ <gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender/queer community believe we have always been whatever we identify with in our hearts or deep down - that is, most of us are born that way and one doesn't "become" anything. Now that doesn't mean every single person but most of the folks I know, including myself as bisexual. Most of the time it is not a choice, because being "not straight" and/or living in a relationship where one's partner is of the same sex or gender as you, is actually very difficult in most areas and one is subject to different or hurtful treatment even by "authorities", so I believe the idea of "lifestyle" or "choice" is inaccurate. Now some trans folks "choose" to eventually embrace who they believe they actually are and undergo the process to be the correct gender for them. But one could say they're "choosing" the process, not the identity or the idea of being transgender or intersex or queer.

Ahh....may I ask a question, pls.?....What are the "signs" of a child/teenager being "gay"?....I've got my suspicions, but again, I'm not really sure. One of my sister's only son is a Transexual.....but then again, being born gay is not genetic, is it?....Perhaps maybe so more by choice?....Are there any signs to be watchful for?....I don't mean treating the person like a "freak"...but just trying to get a better understanding of why gays act they way they do.

Ahh....may I ask a question, pls.?....What are the "signs" of a child/teenager being "gay"?....I've got my suspicions, but again, I'm not really sure. One of my sister's only son is a Transexual.....but then again, being born gay is not genetic, is it?....Perhaps maybe so more by choice?....Are there any signs to be watchful for?....I don't mean treating the person like a "freak"...but just trying to get a better understanding of why gays act they way they do.

Hell no, being gay isn't choice and it was from your mental.

Can I ask a Question too, please. there are actual medical test that can be performed to determin if a person is male or female, even the one hundred years old dead in a grave can be tested to show either male or female. there are test that show, without even seeing the person, if the person is black, white, etc. There are no test, to my knowledge, that prove a person is born straight, gay, trans, etc. So my question to all is: "How can you prove someone is born gay?" I have nothing at all against gays, as I do socialize wtih gays, both deaf and hearies, weekly....I am only looking for a logical conclusion.

Back