Why does Gatorade cost more than Powerade???

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I realize they're both sport drinks. I've always seen Gatorade priced higher than Powerade. Why is that the case???

Gatorade is the original well known brand. Powerade trys to undersell them to get a share of the market.

In the olden days, Pepsi gave twice as much product for the same money as Coca Cola for the exact same reason.

Frankly, I don't understand why people drink these drinks when they don't even exercise.

Gatorade has been around longer....plus sports athletics endorsement,,,(seen a lot of it on TV thru the years)....(even hospitals had it), Dunno which one is better really, but my boys like Gatorade and drink it whenever they play sports, along with bottled water.....Plus when looking at Gatorade and Powerade bottles....Gatorade seems to be the more attractive one....Oh well....

Frankly, I don't understand why people drink these drinks when they don't even exercise.

Im curious, do you know anybody does that,fancy guy?

In summer, nothing wrong drinking sports drinks. Helps you stay hydrated.. What I dont understand is ppl drink beer durin hot summer days outside. :lol: Some ppl have no idea that drinkin beer dehydrates your body.

For some reason, I never ever pay any attention to drinks prices.

In summer, nothing wrong drinking sports drinks. Helps you stay hydrated.. What I dont understand is ppl drink beer durin hot summer days outside. :lol: Some ppl have no idea that drinkin beer dehydrates your body.

Actually, the drink itself is designed for athletes. The contents in the Gatorade drinks replenishes the electrolytes, you don't need Gatorade if you are not exercising.

During the summer, in order to stay hydrated, all you need is water. How do you think the people survived back then?

Actually, the drink itself is designed for athletes. The contents in the Gatorade drinks replenishes the electrolytes, you don't need Gatorade if you are not exercising.

During the summer, in order to stay hydrated, all you need is water. How do you think the people survived back then?

Not just for exercising, it's good for sick as flu viruses. That's right Gatorade is good for you if you are sick.

Not just for exercising, it's good for sick as flu viruses. That's right Gatorade is good for you if you are sick.

Well, that's true. Your electrolytes are often the first thing to go once you start vomiting.

You're right but ppl dont drink water b/c they have bad water. A lot of them dont like to drink water. Most days, we all exercise.. even it's a short walk to your mailbox...that's exercising. First thing I wake up I exercise b/c of steps when I need something to drink.

You're right but ppl dont drink water b/c they have bad water. A lot of them dont like to drink water. Most days, we all exercise.. even it's a short walk to your mailbox...that's exercising. First thing I wake up I exercise b/c of steps when I need something to drink.

Strenuous exercising is quite different from walking.

I didn't bother buy Gatorade or whatever while I'm exercise. Just water. Sometime Rev3.

Strenuous exercising is quite different from walking.

Whatever...I like to drink gatorade after a lil bit of walkin at walmart(only in summer) and mow grass with ridin mower. It's not just for athletes. I get free water at home. :roll:

Whatever...I like to drink gatorade after a lil bit of walkin at walmart(only in summer) and mow grass with ridin mower. It's not just for athletes. I get free water at home. :roll:

because it contains high level of carbohydrate, sodium, sugar, etc. which can add up in your body quickly in short time if you drink it all the time especially for non-athletic person which means.... eventually you'll most likely have either high-blood pressure issue or diabetic condition or both.

that's why health professionals always recommend drinking water for regular people. for what you did (lil' bit of walking and mowing grass), drinking water is more than sufficient.

Gatorade is good for diarrhea too.

because it contains high level of carbohydrate, sodium, sugar, etc. which can add up in your body quickly in short time if you drink it all the time especially for non-athletic person which means.... eventually you'll most likely have either high-blood pressure issue or diabetic condition or both.

that's why health professionals always recommend drinking water for regular people. for what you did (lil' bit of walking and mowing grass), drinking water is more than sufficient.

Which is sort of why they shouldn't really sell it just anywhere. Same with energy drinks.

Gatorade puts on a lot of weight if you do not exercise. It contains a high amount of sodium which will make you retain water.

There is no real reason not to drink water because if you don 't like the water in your town you can buy bottled water. Sadly, even though the whole bottled water thing is a scam, it does have some use because you now have a source choice.

I dont drink gatorade every day, maye twice a yr in summer. I do avoid energy drinks,tho. I have normal blood pressure so no worries. :D

I dont drink gatorade every day, maye twice a yr in summer. I do avoid energy drinks,tho. I have normal blood pressure so no worries. :D

just answering your question why it's not good for health if a person is not athletic

The same reason a Ralph Lauren Polo top costs more than a Primark one. Branding?

Back