Problem with CSI DVD closed caption...help!

I don't exactly know why SweetOrchid prefer CC over subtitles. I only can guess the reason. I think CC is easier to read than subtitles because of the black background. Sometimes the subtitles are hard to read if the words are over white background like white clothing, etc.

And part of your answer is also correct. when it comes to something like that with white background and words are white to blend in to see it is hard sometimes.:thumb::cheers:

I don't exactly know why SweetOrchid prefer CC over subtitles. I only can guess the reason. I think CC is easier to read than subtitles because of the black background. Sometimes the subtitles are hard to read if the words are over white background like white clothing, etc.
There are some televisions that have closed captioning done like subtitles (without black background).

I prefer subtitles over captions.

I also prefer widescreen or letterbox over fullscreen or pan-&-scan. I see the whole picture and sometimes, the subtitles show up on the black section on the bottom of the screen. ;)

I also prefer widescreen or letterbox over fullscreen or pan-&-scan. I see the whole picture and sometimes, the subtitles show up on the black section on the bottom of the screen. ;)

What you are referring to would be known as OAR (Original Aspect Ratio). My preference is to watch a movie in its OAR, regardless of if it's in 2.40:1, 1.78:1, 1.33:1, 1.85:1, 1.66:1, 2.70:1. The important thing is that it is shown as it was originally intended to be seen, not in a modified aspect ratio like many movies are now on DVD and VHS. (Full Frame, Full Screen, Letterboxed, etc are all modified).

Back