How do you control your "dark moods" when you're PMS'ing?

I have an app on my phone that records my moods, cramps, periods, and even my sex life! Anyways, I've noticed a pattern of when I feel irritable and moody...7 days before my period...almost every time. So that helps to know because I can plan better, such as not plan a long trip with kids, etc...avoid more stress when possible. Believe it or not, your food choices can help...that's why many women get cravings. Increase diary products has shown to help...yogurt, cheese, milkshake...of course, watch your portions and balance the meals. Avoid heavy starched food and eat less meat. Be careful with food that causes bloating. And most important of all...drink water.

What app is that?? In the last week before my period, I literally am awake every few hours or in the night, either very hungry or not, have nausea for several days and headaches as well as irritability, moodiness and sometimes cramps

My PMS was really bad for years. Never knew what to do, but deal with it and consequences be darned. Now, I don't have anywhere near as much of the problem, but then, I am almost done with it all.

i noticed that lately-every time before i get my period, i get really moody, bitchy, depressed, etc. i have never felt this way before

what do you do to combat these nasty effects of PMS?

I went to my gyn and actually found out I have premenstrual dysmorphic disorder. I take meds to combat the mood shifts. I also take a good vitamin/mineral regimen that is supposed to help keeps things regulated.

Among the supplements I take:

Omega 3, and, a REALLY good Vitamin B Complex.

I also take prescription meds that is prescribed by a competent psychiatrist. But, in addition to PMDD, I have other issues that also make it necessary to see the Drs I do.

What app is that DBG? It seems like in the last few years the side effects of PMS are gtetting worse. Since as a teen, I almost never had the iritability or mood swings, just tireness and crampiness. Now, I feel like my patience level is just not as high during PMS as it used to be. It is no fun.

Called PT...when I'm fertile the flowers bloom. Funny! Icon is a pink flower...

What app is that?? In the last week before my period, I literally am awake every few hours or in the night, either very hungry or not, have nausea for several days and headaches as well as irritability, moodiness and sometimes cramps

Mines called PT...pink flower icon. There are others that you may like better. It's helpful tobuse when I'm at the doctor's.

What phone is that on though so I can look up the equivalent for my BB

I have the 3D Evo...there are quite a few apps for that kind of thing...so 'shop'around. :)

a friend of mine suggested that i take "perfect curves", a breast enhancement supplement.. not because i need my boobs to be bigger :P but because it has a blend of herbs that promotes good mood and gets rid of the symptoms associated with PMS

Wish I had an answer for this but I'm in the same boat. I was on Depo for 5 years and never really had any issues with PMS'ing until after I got off Depo. It's been horrible. I'm a monster to be around at home and sadly at work...although I just hide it better there. I just keep to myself as best as I can. However, that backfires because when I see my husband I go off on him. Poor guy...

I tend to crave chocolate around this time and will go out late at night to the local grocery store, kroger to stock up on it....so much for dieting eh? :)

a friend of mine suggested that i take "perfect curves", a breast enhancement supplement.. not because i need my boobs to be bigger :P but because it has a blend of herbs that promotes good mood and gets rid of the symptoms associated with PMS

Hey now! I could use some of that....even though it doesn't work, the psychological effects would make my ahem, appear bigger when they aren't.:giggle:

Hey now! I could use some of that....even though it doesn't work, the psychological effects would make my ahem, appear bigger when they aren't.:giggle:

heard most of the times these things don't work for the boobies but LOL it wouldn't kill you to try :P

Ugh i've had enough with the nasty side effects associated with PMS. i'm going to make an appointment with the doctor and ask how to get the cramps under control. it's gotten so unbearable and painful

Have you spoken to your doctor about this? hormone imbalance can give some woman "dark moods"

i doubt i have hormone imbalance.. but i will check with my doctor. i just took a pain reliever pill and it's starting to help the cramps. i'm considering going on the pill, maybe it will be help with the symptoms associated with PMS

I get really bitchy before I get mine, I dont try to do anything different aside from staying to myself. Other than that people can deal with it.. lol

oh god me too CBE. i'm usually nice but it's hard to contain my bitchiness when i'm PMSing

When I saw my doctor at age 16 about this I thought my mother was going to strangle him. His suggestion was to get pregnant and have a baby and all cramps would go away.

Well - it didn't work.

Lately, I can't go to sleep the night before my period starts. Estrogen decline must be is to blame. Being perimenopausal sucks!

Lately, I can't go to sleep the night before my period starts. Estrogen decline must be is to blame. Being perimenopausal sucks!

Maybe that's what happened to me this past week. I am sleeping better now and almost done again.

When I saw my doctor at age 16 about this I thought my mother was going to strangle him. His suggestion was to get pregnant and have a baby and all cramps would go away.

Well - it didn't work.

this got me wondering how he became a doctor in the first place :hmm:

Back