Spring has sprung 2012

Pfft, our yard is still covered with snow but slowly it is melting with temperatures consistently above freezing in the daytime. We won't see a lot of blooms or blossoms until late April. However, we will soon be taking off to Arizona for a couple of weeks so we can enjoy some of what you all are posting in your beautiful pictures :).

Nice screensaver - took it earlier today

038-2.jpg

Every spring, my wife goes and buys plants and flowers. This year, I told her to please ... just listen for a sec (now that we are married, I might be able to get her to listen - lets see if it works ;) )

I spent $15 and got seeds and soil. You know those plastic containers that hold sandwiches? Perfect for greenhousing and germinating seeds.

So, I have over 200 (10 different kind) flowers growing for under $15. She wants a flower bed.

I have 75 Zinnias growing and they are all different bright colors. They just sprouted today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinnia

More specifically, Coral Zinnia.

the past two days are the first days it's really been cold here (Tucson). other than that, it's been warm/hot all winter long.... i can't wait for this cold front to go away! :(

IMG_3888.JPG

My daffodills and squill are now blooming and the leaves are coming out on the lilac bush.

A less pleasant sign of spring- my 13 y.o. son is wearing tank tops or muscle shirts and proudly telling me how much his arm pit hairs have grown.

I think I will tell him if he does not stop, I will tie him down and shave them when he sleeps.

A less pleasant sign of spring- my 13 y.o. son is wearing tank tops or muscle shirts and proudly telling me how much his arm pit hairs have grown.

I think I will tell him if he does not stop, I will tie him down and shave them when he sleeps.

:shock: :giggle:

:laugh2:
boys...

Almost half of what I planted has sprouted:

SANY0075.jpg

SANY0059-1.jpg

SANY0058-1.jpg

SANY0071.jpg

And these are Canadian Goose eggs (I guess they become American citizens after the eggs hatch :giggle: )

SANY0064.jpg

Had snow two days ago...two inches of the stuff. Dumped snow in the mountains and valleys of Oregon and lower half of Washington state. :/

When my boy lived at home and was young, we had 4 mallards raised from chicks he got at Easter. They stayed free-range and gave us eggs much more healthy and larger than chicken eggs.

Some Southern History

I took some more photos today as I actually had time. I wanted to go to the top of Kennesaw Mountain and take sunset photos, but the road was closed. So, I made my way over to the Confederate Cemetery in Marietta, GA instead. The next few posts will have photographs taken earlier today from the Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield Park as well as the Marietta Confederate Cemetery.

SANY0120.jpg

SANY0080-1.jpg

Back