* Deaf Scam Alert !!!!! *

Heath

Reaction score
Maryland officials respond to complaints about pyramid schemes

After receiving more than a dozen recent complaints, Maryland officials are warning people to guard against pyramid schemes.

Since the end of October, the state has received 15 inquiries regarding a pyramid scheme targeted at deaf people. A Canadian company is soliciting residents to sell diamonds, says Kevin Enright, a spokesman for the Maryland attorney general's office.

Pyramid schemes -- mock businesses that earn money primarily from recruiting members and charging them fees rather than by selling products or services -- are illegal in Maryland.

"Many people promote pyramid schemes out of ignorance and do not realize they are engaging in illegal and harmful behavior," Attorney General J. Joseph Curran says in a news release.

Some pyramid schemes offer a product or service to disguise their true nature. The product or service may be overpriced or have a questionable value, like exotic vitamins, health tonics and gemstones of uncertain origins, a state news release says.

The state released a new investor-education brochure with tips to identifying pyramid schemes that make be masked under the name multilevel marketing plans.

The brochure is available at Maryland Attorney General - Home Page.

Maryland officials respond to complaints about pyramid schemes - Washington Business Journal:

Yes Lucia, this is nothing new but I got it in my e-mail and posted it here to let another Deaf people and their families be aware of what is going on to prevent Deaf people from being scammed and I would not be a good Deaf brother to you or anybody if I got that kind of e-mail alert and I did not post it here to protect Deaf people from the scam wheter they know about it or not also, even if Deaf people do know, it is still good to review to stay current, very strong and knowledgeable, aware about what scams are going on in the Deaf community and to help defend another Deaf people from old or new types of scams.

Yes Lucia, this is nothing new but I got it in my e-mail and posted it here to let another Deaf people and their families be aware of what is going on to prevent Deaf people from being scammed and I would not be a good Deaf brother to you or anybody if I got that kind of e-mail alert and I did not post it here to protect Deaf people from the scam wheter they know about it or not also, even if Deaf people do know, it is still good to review to stay current, very strong and knowledgeable, aware about what scams are going on in the Deaf community and to help defend another Deaf people from old or new types of scams.

Hearing people also fall for those kind of scams too. We just simply need to use our common sense.

Hearing people also fall for those kind of scams too. We just simply need to use our common sense.

Yes Lucia, hearing people do fall for these scams too but this group of scammers have specifically targeted the Deaf community so that is why I got the Deaf Scam Alert in my e-mail and I am simply passing the information on to save Deaf people's necks from being broke with no money.

Life is so beauriful and I thought I was seeing things like this!

Richard

Recently, I was at a meeting at my friend's house. It was about Quastar business. I thought that I read somewhere on this forum about that company. Is it a scam?

Actually, I was surprised to recognize that the company's name for a bad reputation, but I am not sure. I hope that you guys tell me about it.

I asked the speaker if the Quastar is a part of MLM business. He said no. I don't buy his story.

Recently, I was at a meeting at my friend's house. It was about Quastar business. I thought that I read somewhere on this forum about that company. Is it a scam?

Actually, I was surprised to recognize that the company's name for a bad reputation, but I am not sure. I hope that you guys tell me about it.

I asked the speaker if the Quastar is a part of MLM business. He said no. I don't buy his story.
You mean Quixtar? Yep, it's a scam. Quixtar is like Amway.

Can you tell me why this company is a scam?

I met eight people at my friend's house to listen a Quixtar speaker. They already joined the club a few months ago. I'm puzzled that they have to go to the meeting several times to talk about the credit points. I didn't join it because I am sure that it is a part of MLM.

One person told me that ... received a first check for 8 bucks. It doesn't meet what to buy at a gas station or at a grocery. A kid would buy some candies for 8 bucks.

I met eight people at my friend's house to listen a Quixtar speaker. They already joined the club a few months ago. I'm puzzled that they have to go to the meeting several times to talk about the credit points. I didn't join it because I am sure that it is a part of MLM.

One person told me that ... received a first check for 8 bucks. It doesn't meet what to buy at a gas station or at a grocery. A kid would buy some candies for 8 bucks.
Yep. The first check is usually $6 to $10.

However, they have to spend at least $200 to $250 to earn enough points to get $6 to $10.

The way Quixtar works is that you pay an annual membership fee, then find a bunch of people to join under you, then those people under you have to find a bunch of people to join under them... and all of you have to spend at least $250 per month to earn enough points so that YOU can get a lot of money.

In other words, you're the slave of those above you.

That's why it's bullshit to spend money to make money. :roll:

Indeed it is MLM. One of my friend said don't fell on them. Fuck them.

How can I convince them not to involved with Quixtar business?

Bigger guys are coming over my friend's house with a group of deaf people to talk about the business. Now, I realized that she is targeted. I am afraid that she will be victimized.

I cannot find a source how bad this company is.

How can I convince them not to involved with Quixtar business?

Bigger guys are coming over my friend's house with a group of deaf people to talk about the business. Now, I realized that she is targeted. I am afraid that she will be victimized.

I cannot find a source how bad this company is.
It's an ongoing investigation. While they're being investigated, they're making money off of us.

If you can't convince them, then let them go... let them learn their lesson.

My friend did the same thing. He joined Quixtar and told me that he would succeed. I tried to explain to him that it was bullshit, but he wouldn't listen. A couple years later, I asked him... and he said that he stopped after spending over $500 on things from their website and spending too much time trying to find others who were willing to join under him... which he failed at.

Another friend did the same thing with the CDT (Canadian Diamond Trading) thing. He tried to get me to join, but I told him now and tried to explain that it was bullshit. He wouldn't listen. A year later, I saw him at Walmart. He gave up after losing a lot of money and having a hard time trying to get people to join under him. What's worse is that he has a kid and a girlfriend to support... and this put him into financial hardship. :(

I had an interesting lunch today with a bunch of deafies. They showed me how to make diamonds out of peanut butter using a microwave. It was quite interesting. I wonder if CDT uses diamonds made this way.

Richard

peanut butter? seriously? did you see this actually happening??

there is a pyramid scheme the one of travelling business something that they wanted you to pay 200 up front first then recuirt others to join and make money.. but i know its too good to be true to be a business but only a pyramid scheme..

any of you know this business?

i know one is mary kay...

peanut butter? seriously? did you see this actually happening??

A big dollop of peanut butter on a coal chunk cooked in the microwave for like 90 minutes makes a bunch of the tiny glassy specks no bigger than a pinhead. They told me larger amounts of peanut butter makes bigger globs.

Richard

Back