Polices Ordered to Shoot Stray Dogs! :(

I know a few people that should never have pets! We had a real neat ACO in our city, she would drive around looking for lost and abandoned pet. She found two older dogs that dumped off at gas station and the ACO found person that would take them both. The dogs where the sweetest dog , I could not believe a person could be that cruel and leave some older dogs to fend for themselves on the street!

Yes, I know. I am the kind of person who would keep a pet, no matter what happens, I would never abandon it.

I Don't agree with Peta's view. And I'm not wild about outright extermination of stray dogs.

In MN we have some no kill shelters that accept animals from over populated shelters in other states.

It annoys me when I hear about Prisoners getting LCD tv's and cable access - couldn't that money be better spent boarding animals & training them for official duties instead? {shrugs} Just shows our society's priorities...

Are we all forgetting that animals CAN control their own populations? Alpha females are actually supposed to enforce and maintain the population of a particular herd or pack of animals. If there isn't enough food, the pack doesn't have sex as often and doesn't reproduce (in a naturally occuring habitat). The reason this doesn't happen today is because we humans seperate them. So their packs have become smaller, and then we hid their food and don't allow them to know how much they have. Then we refill it, leading them to believe that there is an infinite supply so they can reproduce as often as they like.

I Don't agree with Peta's view. And I'm not wild about outright extermination of stray dogs.

In MN we have some no kill shelters that accept animals from over populated shelters in other states.

It annoys me when I hear about Prisoners getting LCD tv's and cable access - couldn't that money be better spent boarding animals & training them for official duties instead? {shrugs} Just shows our society's priorities...

Money better spent on millions and millions of animal that continue to breed in compound rates every year? Not only is there the issue of money but who would take care of them all? No one, that's why so many are being killed every year.

Yet criminals are fed and clothed on a daily basis in prisons. There's so much wealth in the country, yet so few people and animals get any help at all.

Sad.

VERY, and that contradicts the idea of animals rights

Money better spent on millions and millions of animal that continue to breed in compound rates every year? Not only is there the issue of money but who would take care of them all? No one, that's why so many are being killed every year.

bollocks, but the thing is humans are basically 'wild' rampant on domination over animals; like it is hard to know if animals really are overpopulated, because when you consider 'wild' there are now hardly any place left for wild animals to live wild unrestrained and unhunted by poachers, on the other hand in the areas of civilisation, people are too lazy to think about animals, even in terms of pets, I'd bet even some of the most responsible pet "owners" are not responsible enough, for animals are treated as commodity something to buy and sell, to profit of 'esteemed breeds' and so on, I would argue that this has somehow created a consequence of societal kind - disregarding or downplaying the responsibilies with the "left overs" then while they mutts, moggys run about loose, it is animals 'freedom' to be themselves but doesnt find in huiman society...so then it became a "problem", funny thing is, :it is the HUMANs that were the "problems"..not just educating is going to enough, and you're right Caroline there is way too many now, its gone past the point of no return....sad very sad and scary for us all, not just animals getting killed, it could actuall become a biohazard matter if such a thing as an outbreak of a nasty viral disease spawned.... (this is silly thinking i know...im only metaphorically describing the we're irresponsible and nature can and does backfire on us as abusers of nature, im not even sure what im saying here - its just saying we fucked it up Bad...and animal whether too many or not enough (hunting causing extinction), We , humans REALLY Messed it up....and dare i say, with institutional authorisation of some sorts to address it, itsnt gonna do shit...because i think...any institutional intervention of any kind will be 'allowed' only if their are human's side of the story having 'incentives' read 'money'....duh

In a weird way, its like this; nature and animals doesnt give a flying fuck about places, humans seem to think places have to have money value attached to it, before evaluating situations, - its really stupid.

Last edited:

They need to create shelter similar to that of a zoo in which they're treated like they're in the wild. This would force them to start maintaining their own populations again instead of tricking them into believing that everything is OK.

They need to create shelter similar to that of a zoo in which they're treated like they're in the wild. This would force them to start maintaining their own populations again instead of tricking them into believing that everything is OK.

With what money? And also, there are millions upon millions of unwanted animals in shelters. there's not enough land nor money to do what you're proposing and i'm surprised you didn't mention spaying. They are way overpopulated right now.

Are we all forgetting that animals CAN control their own populations? Alpha females are actually supposed to enforce and maintain the population of a particular herd or pack of animals. If there isn't enough food, the pack doesn't have sex as often and doesn't reproduce (in a naturally occuring habitat). The reason this doesn't happen today is because we humans seperate them. So their packs have become smaller, and then we hid their food and don't allow them to know how much they have. Then we refill it, leading them to believe that there is an infinite supply so they can reproduce as often as they like.

That is true with wild animals not domestic pets like dogs and cats. Careless owners let their pets have litter after litter when they can't afford to care for them. We had cases of people in my state that hoarded dogs or cats , there would be 50 or more dogs or cats living in an unhealthy environment. The animals would underfed and but they where still breeding.

With what money? And also, there are millions upon millions of unwanted animals in shelters. there's not enough land nor money to do what you're proposing and i'm surprised you didn't mention spaying. They are way overpopulated right now.

I was going to say that too with what money. Animals shelters are closing all over the places as there is not enough money. The economy is still weak and food pantries for people are having a hard time too . There are some people that have a farm with land and they take in homeless or abused pets and try to find a good home for them. We need more people like Betty White , she does a lot of animals.

If we place them all in a shelter similar to a zoo habitat they should resort to their animal instincts. That includes allowing the alpha female to decide when they reproduce and when they don't. We don't have a means to support them so this would be a better idea than just shooting them. You would introduce them into the habitat in groups and then the groups would be individually introduced into the unrestricted habitat after they were shown to be capable of surviving the protectvie introductory shelter. It's not fair but it would offer a chance and the populations would be managed.

Remind me to stay away from the Chinese take-out places . . .

Back