Is a HP laptop with Windows 8/8.1 good?

I'm actually looking for a laptop with a webcam, and these two that I posted about have that option, and both are priced under $300, which is easy to save for. As for Best Buy, I do not ever intend to buy a laptop there-- I like Walmart better, and I may end up getting the HP laptop, because of its large size-- it's nearly 16 inches long, and it's perfect for home. If I am able to get that, then I could make this one my travel laptop, or use this for home, and make the new one my travel laptop, but like Reba said, the larger one is tempting for thieves, so it's probably better to use the smaller one.

First, What laptop's hardware spec is? Model?

Mainly for checking e-mail and web browsing. However, these two laptops also have something I desire: a webcam. That means I can put a VP on my travel laptop, and thieves could make use of that laptop, which is why I want a laptop that requires a password to gain access to. You see, these laptops have Microsoft in them, and to have access to them, one must have a Microsoft account to access it, and that's what I like about these laptops-- if I ever lost or had it stolen, it would be protected.

Password for Microsoft? Too easy to crack it in 5 minutes. I prefer OSX or Linux for better security than M$

Looks what's happen your old laptop. You get what you pay for.

Password for Microsoft? Too easy to crack it in 5 minutes. I prefer OSX or Linux for better security than M$

Looks what's happen your old laptop. You get what you pay for.

Please don't make any assumptions about my laptop. It's still running, and I am using it right now. I was asleep, and just woke up. If it were broken, I would've likely told everyone.

Now, about the HP laptop, I was talking to a friend of mine last night, and he warned me that Windows 8/8.1 is having problems, because he says that the software WILL convert back to Windows 7, so I'm gonna hold off on getting that laptop until they've fixed the problem.

As for the password for Microsoft, it depends-- they've made it tougher to create new passwords, because they now have new requirements for laptops than in the past, and I know for a fact that it's not easy to create a new password today than it was back then.

All new operating systems have bugs and there is updates to fix it. Just like when you buy brand new cars, there is issues that's why there is recall fix. Nothing is perfect when you buy things, there is always bugs and problems to correct.

Make a password that is mixed with letter, number and special characters for best strength. I don't have same password for everything, all are different passwords.

Please don't make any assumptions about my laptop. It's still running, and I am using it right now. I was asleep, and just woke up. If it were broken, I would've likely told everyone.

Now, about the HP laptop, I was talking to a friend of mine last night, and he warned me that Windows 8/8.1 is having problems, because he says that the software WILL convert back to Windows 7, so I'm gonna hold off on getting that laptop until they've fixed the problem.

As for the password for Microsoft, it depends-- they've made it tougher to create new passwords, because they now have new requirements for laptops than in the past, and I know for a fact that it's not easy to create a new password today than it was back then.

All new operating systems have bugs and there is updates to fix it. Just like when you buy brand new cars, there is issues that's why there is recall fix. Nothing is perfect when you buy things, there is always bugs and problems to correct.

Make a password that is mixed with letter, number and special characters for best strength. I don't have same password for everything, all are different passwords.

This is exactly what I've done. Makes it that much harder to guess.

First, Why your signature was said "laptop down and I use tablet for now" or something

Second, Why you looking for the new laptop?

That's how I assumptions about it.

No matter how hard password you put on and still crack so easy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSD-QmAaCyQ]Hack Windows 7 / 8 Password Without Software - YouTube[/ame]

Or

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp1aHff5lgY]Ophcrack windows password cracking example how it works on windows 7 password finding - YouTube[/ame]

Windows still have too many holes of security.

No, M$ never will fix Windows 8 anymore. Let it junk. Looks what's happen to Windows 95, Windows ME, Vista, and Windows 8.1.

First, Why your signature was said "laptop down and I use tablet for now" or something

Second, Why you looking for the new laptop?

That's how I assumptions about it.

No matter how hard password you put on and still crack so easy.

Hack Windows 7 / 8 Password Without Software - YouTube

Or

Ophcrack windows password cracking example how it works on windows 7 password finding - YouTube

Windows still have too many holes of security.

No, M$ never will fix Windows 8 anymore. Let it junk. Looks what's happen to Windows 95, Windows ME, Vista, and Windows 8.1.

I have since replaced the laptop AND the signature, if you haven't noticed.

Secondly, I needed a second laptop for travel purposes, and to act as a backup, if the one I obtained as a replacement has any problems.

Thirdly, I need to better familiarize myself with the newer technology that's out there today, and I KNOW there's gonna come a time when I'll need to upgrade, hopefully before next April.

I have since replaced the laptop AND the signature, if you haven't noticed.

Secondly, I needed a second laptop for travel purposes, and to act as a backup, if the one I obtained as a replacement has any problems.

Thirdly, I need to better familiarize myself with the newer technology that's out there today, and I KNOW there's gonna come a time when I'll need to upgrade, hopefully before next April.

Trust me, Tablets with Bluetooth keyboard are BEST for travel than laptop for heavy travel. Why? Tablets are lighter weight, smaller, better battery life, and more durable as you get right cover.

Black Bluetooth 3 0 Wireless Keyboard PU Leather Case for iPad 2 3 4 New iPad US | eBay

That's one I have one and I love it!!

That's why Sorenson and ZVRS recommend iPad as VRS for travel.

Trust me, Tablets with Bluetooth keyboard are BEST for travel than laptop for heavy travel. Why? Tablets are lighter weight, smaller, better battery life, and more durable as you get right cover.

Black Bluetooth 3 0 Wireless Keyboard PU Leather Case for iPad 2 3 4 New iPad US | eBay

That's one I have one and I love it!!
That's why Sorenson and ZVRS recommend iPad as VRS for travel.

One problem-- they're not cheap. I am more likely to buy a Samsung tablet than an Apple tablet, mainly because they're more reasonable (no pun intended), and not only that, I can save up for it quicker than for Apple, which, along with its heavy duty protection, would cost too much. Now for Android, thier protective covers are more easier to save up for, and wouldn't take long to get.

I already have a working Asus tablet, and it works well with ZVRS and Purple, but not with SVRS, which is why I need a tablet that's SVRS compatible, because Asus isn't, so I have a few choices to make.

Then why you needs new laptop since you already have Asus tablet with ZVRS ready. Why needs spend another laptop? It's not make sense to me.

Since you keeps complained about cost too much then why you spends too much products as laptop, Asus tablet, another laptop, another Samsung tablet.

Then why you needs new laptop since you already have Asus tablet with ZVRS ready. Why needs spend another laptop? It's not make sense to me.

Since you keeps complained about cost too much then why you spends too much products as laptop, Asus tablet, another laptop, another Samsung tablet.

Because Windows XP Support will be stopping soon, and I need an upgrade, and I had posted about that, until some of the comments made me angry enough to do something stupid, and I had to quit posting there, cause I did not like some of the comments, and I nearly tossed my tablet against the wall. If people were nicer, then maybe I'd still be commenting there, but I'm not anymore without doing stupid or saying something to get me in trouble or banned.

I don't always spend money on electronics-- I barely have any for myself after paying my bills, and if I had a decent job, I wouldn't be griping.

Now, about XP Support, I'm not too concerned about that, but I AM concerned about losing my laptop protection when Microsoft Security Essentials stops working, and because I do my banking business on my laptop sometimes, having security is vital.

I don't always spend money on electronics-- I barely have any for myself after paying my bills, and if I had a decent job, I wouldn't be griping.

Now, about XP Support, I'm not too concerned about that, but I AM concerned about losing my laptop protection when Microsoft Security Essentials stops working, and because I do my banking business on my laptop sometimes, having security is vital.

Use your Asus tablet then.

Do you even read what you write, or do you just let your fingers word vomit all over the screen? People have been plenty nice to you, but you just kept pushing and pushing and now you're upset because you're getting backlash for it. If you'd pay attention and see that people are trying to give you constructive criticism and help you in some aspects, you wouldn't be threatening to throw your electronics like a 2 year old who would in a temper-tantrum. The only person you hurt by throwing a laptop or tablet is yourself, we're not phased by it... so why would that even cross your mind? Especially for someone who says they never get angry.

Most of this actually reverts back to a few weeks ago when a couple of members asked you to stop posting 20 million threads on completely useless topics, old news and re-posted items. Did I personally ask you to? No, I didn't... but I really wanted to. However, I respected your right to post in this forum as you please just like anyone else can under the rules and regulations of the forum.

The rest of the backlash is being caused by members who are more knowledgeable than you in certain aspects of life calling you out on things that do not make sense or they believe / know are untrue. Instead of respecting other members rights to post and criticize you get all p*$$y. Then, you attempt to keep your sinking boat afloat which just never works... Instead of biting the bullet and owning up to whatever you just dig yourself deeper and deeper. Hey, if you don't want to listen to what I'm telling you, that's your right. I'm not going to lose any sleep at night over it. I'm sitting here telling you what's going on and addressing you as an adult. I'm not taking jabs at you, I'm not belittling you and I'm not attacking you..... I'm simply telling you why you're getting the responses you are on some of your posts. Coming in another thread to throw a temper-tantrum because you don't want to read other comments just reflects how incredibly immature you are. That's like getting in a dispute over something in real life and just storming out slamming doors and things around. Whether you want to see it or not is up to you. At least these people have attempted MULTIPLE times to try and reason with you and clearly communicate with you before going into snippy mode. If you think someone calling you retarded is bad, obviously you do not belong around any humans ever. ESPECIALLY the Deaf community because calling someone retarded is a proton on the scale of insults I've seen! :shock: I'm not quite sure how you're able to function in day to day life with such a temper. ( That you claimed in multiple threads to never have by the way ) Right there, another contradiction.

We're all adults ( For the most part ) in this place. We're all here for one reason or another and we can ALL learn something from each other, if we allow it. You are just incredibly unwelcoming and immature; unable to accept other peoples thoughts, opinions, knowledge and insight. I have had people get mad at me on here, do I hate them? No. Do I think about it all the time? No. Do I threaten or feel the need to throw things across a room like a 2 year old? No. Do I storm out of the thread and come bit@&^ng into another? No. Do I lose any sleep or hold any grudges? No. If you let things like this get to you in life, you have much to learn and a hell of a lot more growing to do as a person. I'm not mad at you, I feel sorry for you.

You know any time I or another member has called you out..... we're not mad... we're laughing at just how ridiculous it is! Now, why can't you do the same and let it roll off of you like water. Now that I came and found you pouting in another thread and have again attempted to address your silly little anger problem... you can rejoin the adult world at your leisure when you've decided you can be a big boy. I'm done here and done attempting to help you see what is going on. You can take my opinions and what I know from other people as a grain of salt.... or you can look back at some of the absolutely absurd, uninformed, misguided, untruthful, unneeded, pointless threads and things you've started and said; realize what everyone has been trying to tell you for weeks and grow as a person, your choice.

When you first got here you said in one of your threads that you didn't want to start any problems with anyone and you wanted everyone to like you. I followed up with it's impossible to have this happen as people have varying opinions on everything and you can't please two people with different opinions. Now, instead of making some people irked with you and annoyed, you've went and got quite a few! I told you, it's impossible to please everyone no matter how hard you kiss..... Just be you and truthful to yourself and that will project to others. I don't look for friends that have everything in common with me, I look for HONEST friends. I am giving you a honest response.... You want to know what's got everyone's panties in a bunch?

Read alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of this........... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You seem like a very nice guy, and I truly mean that..... I just think you've got some personal demons to work on.

~Mew

Do you even read what you write, or do you just let your fingers word vomit all over the screen? People have been plenty nice to you, but you just kept pushing and pushing and now you're upset because you're getting backlash for it. If you'd pay attention and see that people are trying to give you constructive criticism and help you in some aspects, you wouldn't be threatening to throw your electronics like a 2 year old who would in a temper-tantrum. The only person you hurt by throwing a laptop or tablet is yourself, we're not phased by it... so why would that even cross your mind? Especially for someone who says they never get angry.

Most of this actually reverts back to a few weeks ago when a couple of members asked you to stop posting 20 million threads on completely useless topics, old news and re-posted items. Did I personally ask you to? No, I didn't... but I really wanted to. However, I respected your right to post in this forum as you please just like anyone else can under the rules and regulations of the forum.

The rest of the backlash is being caused by members who are more knowledgeable than you in certain aspects of life calling you out on things that do not make sense or they believe / know are untrue. Instead of respecting other members rights to post and criticize you get all p*$$y. Then, you attempt to keep your sinking boat afloat which just never works... Instead of biting the bullet and owning up to whatever you just dig yourself deeper and deeper. Hey, if you don't want to listen to what I'm telling you, that's your right. I'm not going to lose any sleep at night over it. I'm sitting here telling you what's going on and addressing you as an adult. I'm not taking jabs at you, I'm not belittling you and I'm not attacking you..... I'm simply telling you why you're getting the responses you are on some of your posts. Coming in another thread to throw a temper-tantrum because you don't want to read other comments just reflects how incredibly immature you are. That's like getting in a dispute over something in real life and just storming out slamming doors and things around. Whether you want to see it or not is up to you. At least these people have attempted MULTIPLE times to try and reason with you and clearly communicate with you before going into snippy mode. If you think someone calling you retarded is bad, obviously you do not belong around any humans ever. ESPECIALLY the Deaf community because calling someone retarded is a proton on the scale of insults I've seen! :shock: I'm not quite sure how you're able to function in day to day life with such a temper. ( That you claimed in multiple threads to never have by the way ) Right there, another contradiction.

We're all adults ( For the most part ) in this place. We're all here for one reason or another and we can ALL learn something from each other, if we allow it. You are just incredibly unwelcoming and immature; unable to accept other peoples thoughts, opinions, knowledge and insight. I have had people get mad at me on here, do I hate them? No. Do I think about it all the time? No. Do I threaten or feel the need to throw things across a room like a 2 year old? No. Do I storm out of the thread and come bit@&^ng into another? No. Do I lose any sleep or hold any grudges? No. If you let things like this get to you in life, you have much to learn and a hell of a lot more growing to do as a person. I'm not mad at you, I feel sorry for you.

You know any time I or another member has called you out..... we're not mad... we're laughing at just how ridiculous it is! Now, why can't you do the same and let it roll off of you like water. Now that I came and found you pouting in another thread and have again attempted to address your silly little anger problem... you can rejoin the adult world at your leisure when you've decided you can be a big boy. I'm done here and done attempting to help you see what is going on. You can take my opinions and what I know from other people as a grain of salt.... or you can look back at some of the absolutely absurd, uninformed, misguided, untruthful, unneeded, pointless threads and things you've started and said; realize what everyone has been trying to tell you for weeks and grow as a person, your choice.

When you first got here you said in one of your threads that you didn't want to start any problems with anyone and you wanted everyone to like you. I followed up with it's impossible to have this happen as people have varying opinions on everything and you can't please two people with different opinions. Now, instead of making some people irked with you and annoyed, you've went and got quite a few! I told you, it's impossible to please everyone no matter how hard you kiss..... Just be you and truthful to yourself and that will project to others. I don't look for friends that have everything in common with me, I look for HONEST friends. I am giving you a honest response.... You want to know what's got everyone's panties in a bunch?

Read alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of this........... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You seem like a very nice guy, and I truly mean that..... I just think you've got some personal demons to work on.

~Mew

Yes, I do have some issues, you are correct about that, and you are also correct about my being a nice guy, and also correct about my not wanting to start problems-- that's why I don't comment on some of the posts I've gotten, cause if I can't play nice, then I don't say anything. I am NOT stupid nor immature-- I have an IQ over 120, and my computer knowledge is pretty good, but some of these comments just about push me over the limit of my tolerance, because I come from a very bad childhood, and I am trying to stay away from reverting back to that behavior, and for nearly 14 years, I have been largely successful, but I never had problems with people until I came here, and even though I'm glad I found the site, this kind of backlash is not something I have EVER experienced in nearly 15 years in this region, and I'm not used to it. Maybe I need to find something better to say or do, but I don't know what else I can say-- it's just that I was hoping to make friends, but I haven't yet won anyone's trust, and I know it's gonna take time, but someday I hope that I will be friends with some of you. I may get angry, but I do know better than to say mean things back to people-- that's just not my style-- I prefer to be kind and warm-hearted, and saying mean things would more than likely make me an enemy than a friend, and that's not what I want. I want friends I can trust and confide in, but with my issues, it's gonna take time, which is fine by me, but I'd like to just say that I have NO INTEREST in looking for a war or words or to hurt people's feelings. I want to cheer people up somehow, not do harm. And I'm also not retarded, either-- those who have never met me have NO IDEA what I actually can do for a deaf person-- I can do a lot, but until people have actually met me, they will never have an idea of what I can do, which I am kinda sad about, because I know there's not going to be a chance to meet many of you, so I guess I'll have to live with that reputation. Oh well.

Right! Even there are bunch of people STILL using windows 95 even long after Micro$oft quit providing support, yet there are always support out there and they can be found online forum for this. Surely, Micro$oft can stop support on XP right now, still anyone can get help afterwards. Just that it requires little more work that is all.

Don't mean your XP as OS itself will stop works. Who care about Support.

Right! Even there are bunch of people STILL using windows 95 even long after Micro$oft quit providing support, yet there are always support out there and they can be found online forum for this. Surely, Micro$oft can stop support on XP right now, still anyone can get help afterwards. Just that it requires little more work that is all.
Maybe we should say no more free support?

No, there will always be free support from forums. Just that Micro$oft don't want to pay any more for those employee doing support for windows XP or earlier version that is all.

Maybe we should say no more free support?

Back