Sorenson vs ZVRS

The problem is that Sorenson refused to provide a new telephone number for anyone who wants to get a Sorenson's new videophone device because once the customers received a videophone from a different service. That should not be a problem.

By the way, this YouTube's comment is locked out because it doesn't want you to know something that you didn't know - like the alternative number.

I really do believe that ANY VRS service companies (i.e. Sorenson, ZVRS, Purple, etc.) really do not own your telephone number because the number is a third party company. That's why it tricked you about porting your number back to its service. Once you got, your number and you own it no matter what. Of course, FCC pays the relay services millions of dollars every year. It is ridiculous that the company wants to get your number back. I am just simply shocked about it.

I forgot to add one more thing: Some of you have different devices like a mobile, a computer, and a videophone, and the customers have three different telephone numbers in one service. That is part of selling the different numbers for extra profit from a third party service.

Most of the Sorenson YouTube's comments are locked out. Doesn't make any differences anyway.

Secondly, many of deaf people have no clear understanding about porting, what will happen when ported, the before and after affect and such, and understand what it mean to "get a free VP" like ZVRS, when showing how much it cost to buy one, customer will look at it..and say "wow.. expensive!' and convince that customer that he/she can get it free by porting number from other VRS provider. You know, they are showing how much it cost to buy one... to deaf people... but for Sorenson VPs (any VPs) always free, no matter what...for ZVRS, if you want different number, it cost money to buy one. It's no brainer, get a free one... Sorenson!

Now I don't know anything about Sorenson refused to provide a new number, I don't know if that mean because the customer ported a number from Sorenson to other provider? Maybe there's a reason for it. If customer have a numbers originally from other provider and customer want new number for new VP... and Sorenson refused? That will be a different story.

Most of the Sorenson YouTube's comments are locked out. Doesn't make any differences anyway.

Secondly, many of deaf people have no clear understanding about porting, what will happen when ported, the before and after affect and such, and understand what it mean to "get a free VP" like ZVRS, when showing how much it cost to buy one, customer will look at it..and say "wow.. expensive!' and convince that customer that he/she can get it free by porting number from other VRS provider. You know, they are showing how much it cost to buy one... to deaf people... but for Sorenson VPs (any VPs) always free, no matter what...for ZVRS, if you want different number, it cost money to buy one. It's no brainer, get a free one... Sorenson!

Now I don't know anything about Sorenson refused to provide a new number, I don't know if that mean because the customer ported a number from Sorenson to other provider? Maybe there's a reason for it. If customer have a numbers originally from other provider and customer want new number for new VP... and Sorenson refused? That will be a different story.

Actually, I asked the agent to give me a new number and I also asked how much it cost for me to buy the new number. The agent said no any of these questions that I asked. What a ridiculous! It makes no sense at all.

Needless to say, no ZVRS employee is happy with Sorenson's allegations claimed in this video.

Expect to hear a response.

Actually, I asked the agent to give me a new number and I also asked how much it cost for me to buy the new number. The agent said no any of these questions that I asked. What a ridiculous! It makes no sense at all.

that one you have the agent number? that where you can file the FCC if you wish..

The facts that Sorenson does charge us new number that cost $150.00 even on agreement right there. They will charge if want VP200 get work but for nTouch VP that 400 dollar and something...

Agent need being honest! :( Just keep that mind, it not agent fault its a management. You gotta remember they love us, really.. they love to work with us but not the management.

Customers who tried other videophones are coming back to Sorenson. Watch this video to see why…

Customers port back to Sorenson - YouTube
I am not try insulting...

here example..
Sean Berdy and Z4 Mobile - YouTube

that other example of misleading... FCC clearly that VRS is for DEAF and Hard of Hearing (hearing impaired). ZVRS let him set an example... that lame and now I lost respect because I am sure that do with get paid. Possible work part time as interpreter...

I am not try insulting...

here example..
Sean Berdy and Z4 Mobile - YouTube

that other example of misleading... FCC clearly that VRS is for DEAF and Hard of Hearing (hearing impaired). ZVRS let him set an example... that lame and now I lost respect because I am sure that do with get paid. Possible work part time as interpreter...

zerodog: I've answered this fallacy before. Please see this alldeaf post:

http://www.alldeaf.com/1711540-post4.html

Summary:

So long as the hearing person _pays_ for a service account on a reoccurring basis with a VRS provider, and pays full price for a videophone device (unsubsidized), and their phone number is NOT put into the iTRS database, it is perfectly acceptable for hearies to place deaf videophone calls using a videophone serviced by a VRS provider.

Check this out:
Monthly Business Service Plan

This means that your friends/family with Z phones would be able to call you, but since the phone number isn't in iTRS, anyone with a non-Z phone would not.

I understand Amy's perspective about Sorenson.

However, I spoke with someone about ZVRS's illegal practice. A customer is interested in getting a Z20 phone and did fill out the application to receive a Z20 phone, but he or she was demanded to put his or her VP 200 phone number to port into Z20 phone. That customer felt that Z representative pushing him or her to jot down the number for porting purposes.

The purple representative backed off and respected customer's choice of VRS provider, but Z representative did not.

Are you being aware that Z representative removed a VP 200 and took it with him or her and left a customer a Z phone??? Is it all right? No. Z representative has no rights to take away VP 200 or other VRS provider device. If customer is not satisfied with other VRS provider device, then s/he can return the devices themselves.. Simple as that. Taking away a device from them?? No No.

Why not porting numbers from other VRS provider such as Purple, Convorelay, Viable, etc? Why does ZVRS focus on getting a port number from Sorenson only? Is it legal??? That bothers me.

I did get a porting number from Purple which I don't use to ZOJO (which I did not want). To the realization, I don't need ZOJO product and porting that number to Sorenson ntouch mobile and returned ZOJO product plus flasher back to Z because I never use ZOJO.

From what I find out more about ZVRS's actions, I lost respect for them. I use Convorelay and Sorenson products..that's it.

However, I spoke with someone about ZVRS's illegal practice. A customer is interested in getting a Z20 phone and did fill out the application to receive a Z20 phone, but he or she was demanded to put his or her VP 200 phone number to port into Z20 phone. That customer felt that Z representative pushing him or her to jot down the number for porting purposes.

The purple representative backed off and respected customer's choice of VRS provider, but Z representative did not.

Are you being aware that Z representative removed a VP 200 and took it with him or her and left a customer a Z phone??? Is it all right? No. Z representative has no rights to take away VP 200 or other VRS provider device. If customer is not satisfied with other VRS provider device, then s/he can return the devices themselves.. Simple as that. Taking away a device from them?? No No.

Why not porting numbers from other VRS provider such as Purple, Convorelay, Viable, etc? Why does ZVRS focus on getting a port number from Sorenson only? Is it legal??? That bothers me.

I did get a porting number from Purple which I don't use to ZOJO (which I did not want). To the realization, I don't need ZOJO product and porting that number to Sorenson ntouch mobile and returned ZOJO product plus flasher back to Z because I never use ZOJO.

From what I find out more about ZVRS's actions, I lost respect for them. I use Convorelay and Sorenson products..that's it.
Look at sorensons history... I am disgusted by it. I only use Convo.

I think that it is a big mess now with some companies. It seems that they are stealing the ideas each other for the new policies. I expect that the FCC will catch one of them or both and charge them a big fine.

If ZVRS's "practice was illegal" the FCC would fine them. Fact is they have not done so.

Facts are this. When a customer is interested in a Z20, they agree to port their Sorenson number in order to obtain a Z20. The customer signs an LOA agreeing to port the number and they also sign a Release Agreement that allows the Z installer to act as the authorized agent to ship the VP-200 back to Sorenson. It cannot get much simpler than that.

You do have a choice. If you wish to keep your VP-200. DON'T GET A Z20!! Otherwise you can pay $900+ to get the phone with a new LN.

Anytime the customer ports to a different VRS provider using their Sorenson number, there really is no reason to keep the VP-200. The only reason Sorenson wants you to keep it is to trick customers into porting back. I've heard many horror stories of someone in the family hooking the old VP-200 back up and clicking the porting agreement that pops up on the screen without realizing it. The customer is then ported back and their current VP no longer works. That is Sorenson's trickery and they are playing a dirty game.

When the lady speaking in the video said that they wanted customer to keep their VP-200 in the house, I LOL'd. I know of several friends who did port from VP-200 to the Z20. As soon as Sorenson found out they were porting to ZVRS, their installer showed up to grab the VP-200. So much for their concerns about customers having / keeping the VP-200. Again, this is more of Sorenson's BS.

Notice there is only one provider they mentioned by name in the video. I'm guessing they are feeling the heat of competition. This is all good stuff for the customer as long as they understand their rights and what they are agreeing to. The end result for everyone is healthy competition and innovation. Just watch as things are just getting warmed up!

Check out the difference between the two ZVRS vs Sorenson

I guess ZVRS is jealousy at Sorenson.

There is no illegal practice here.

Before taking possession of the VP200, ZVRS presents the customer with a form that gives us the ability to ship the VP200 back for them.

If the customer wants the price of the Z20 fully subsidized so that it is free for them, they must sign that form.

If the customer doesn't wish to sign that form, ZVRS is perfectly willing to have the Sorenson customer pay the same price for the Z20 as any other VRS provider customer would that is porting their phone number to ZVRS.

The business decision here is that Sorenson, who holds 80% of the VRS market, is the best opportunity toward growing market share. To do that, ZVRS is giving Sorenson customers a reason to port to ZVRS to get a fully subsidized videophone.

Nothing is being taken away from anyone without their written consent.

This ZVRS business practice is legal.

If you have a specific example of what you consider an actual abusive or illegal practice, you can contact customer support and escalate to a manager.

If you somehow feel frightened by contacting ZVRS customer support, you may send me an email directly at vrsengineer@gmail.com, and I promise you it will be relayed to appropriate management.

On the other hand, if you have no specifics to back up your claim, please stop throwing around vague assertions without something to back them up, as it really makes those of us working at ZVRS who try hard to Do The Right Thing very unhappy with you.

Facts please. Specifics.

Sorenson is 80% of the market. They are the largest target.

ZVRS will gladly port phones from other providers, but the business decision that has been made is simply to not fully subsidize the price of Z20 phones to such customers as to make the price effectively "free".

Sounds like you made an educated consumer decision and found a product and service offering that works for you. Congratulations!

As someone who is deeply concerned with public opinion regarding his employer, I would love to know what caused this loss of respect. Is the loss of respect do you your misunderstanding of what is "legal" here, or simply with the business practice of not fully subsidizing other provider's video phones when ported to ZVRS, or the practice of convincing the customer to allow us to ship their VP200 back for them to prevent dirty Sorenson tactics of getting customers to immediately port back by tricking them with an email?

Last edited:
I am going to write a letter to the FCC regarding this. A lot of stupid bullshit on both sides.

One thing I won't bother writing to the FCC about is how Z patronizes the Deaf community.

If you have a specific complaint and you really want to make a difference in the TRS industry, I suggest filling out form 2000C with the FCC:

https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/form2000.action?form_type=2000C

When you file this form, whomever you file it against will get a letter from the FCC sent to their legal department. That company then has 30 days to reply to the FCC about the allegations raised by the customer.

Unlike normal complaints that you file directly through your VRS provider, which are reported yearly to the FCC, form 2000C will illicit an immediate response.

Put simply: this is the best way to file a complaint with the FCC if you have a problem that is not solved to your satisfaction by your provider.

This goes for all TRS providers.

Back