Religious psychosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more like stereotypical and prejudice thread here. There are some that are of anyone, not particular religions or whatever, its based on individual, not the whole.

It's your turn: prove that Satan does not exist.
The same with God: prove God does not exist.

You are trying to resort to "you cannot prove a negative" fallacy. You made that claim and you HAVE to prove it. The burden is ON you, not me.

christlovedeaf, you said, "This is more like stereotypical and prejudice thread here. There are some that are of anyone, not particular religions or whatever, its based on individual, not the whole."

I'll be blunt with you... you are definitely psychotic. I've observed your psychosis - you go on "sinning" as much as you can and then you get all worked up and get scared because you think God is angry and you rationalize that God is forgiving you and all that. That is PSYCHOSIS, christlovedeaf. I've been there. I WAS STUPID! I went psychotic thinking that I sinned against God and that I was NEVER good enough for God.

Seriously, I tell you.. you have a choice - you can be chained to the Bible and be a slave for God or be truly free knowing that God is just an imagination and be happy with this life, the only LIFE you've got.

Was it easy to become an athiest? No. It often takes a long time and you'll go psychotic as well. :)

You are trying to resort to "you cannot prove a negative" fallacy. You made that claim and you HAVE to prove it. The burden is ON you, not me.

christlovedeaf, you said, "This is more like stereotypical and prejudice thread here. There are some that are of anyone, not particular religions or whatever, its based on individual, not the whole."

I'll be blunt with you... you are definitely psychotic. I've observed your psychosis - you go on "sinning" as much as you can and then you get all worked up and get scared because you think God is angry and you rationalize that God is forgiving you and all that. That is PSYCHOSIS, christlovedeaf. I've been there. I WAS STUPID! I went psychotic thinking that I sinned against God and that I was NEVER good enough for God.

Seriously, I tell you.. you have a choice - you can be chained to the Bible and be a slave for God or be truly free knowing that God is just an imagination and be happy with this life, the only LIFE you've got.

Was it easy to become an athiest? No. It often takes a long time and you'll go psychotic as well. :)

U know u may be right about me being psychotic 10 years ago when I was agnostic. I never understand what my body went thru and it scared hell out of me. Then I found God. It took me months to deal with chao with alot of energy come out of my body till He told me ( only work thru meditate stage) I am going to be allright. I finally found a doctor who listen to me and found my health problem so I am on medicine for rest of my life to keep one of my malfunction gland work properly. It was Jesus Christ who brought me back to life and protect me to this day. Now I do know how God works among us, not very many people understand how God work among us. That is where I am now, I am at peace with myself and with His help and guiding my life. So here I am and I am debate with u, why? I have no foggie idea why I am discussing it with u here on your thread. U try to help us but it won't make any different to any of us who already are Christians.

well, byt saying " sin all you want", does not mean when someone struggling about the sin or weakest area. And by saying, " being afraid God will punish you" is also not the same level or thought how people see or feels. It is your opinion and what you have experience, as I see, are not the same as mine. And cutting yourself down by thinking you are stupid bec of "religion" isn't so. It is base on where you go, what you have been taught or anything, does not apply the same case on others. There is no need to bashing those people and thinking they in that, bec what you have gone thru. It's not so.

Actually all the brilliant people who have profound influence on our thinking, education, technology, etc are often psychotic at times. Their writings often reveal their psychotic eposides.

Jesus was definitely psychotic... he wasn't consistent with his words, was convinced Satan was talking to him and all that. Of course, Christians would say Satan was real but the problem is that Satan is not real. It hasn't been proven whatsoever. Same with God.

So were all prophets... even as late as Joseph Smith... he was psychotic claiming to be recieving Word of God.

Yiffzer asked a good question: "Prove that they "suffer" from it when they are simply "spiritual"?"

I'd say that spirituality is an intellectual evaluation of religious psychosis.
So, if Jesus was psychotic and religious people suffer religious psychosis...

Then it takes one to know one! ;)

So are we rewording what it means to receive a vision or a call from God? ;)

You say that Satan does not exist and that were no proof to support the concept of Satan.

It's your turn: prove that Satan does not exist.
The same with God: prove God does not exist.

Good luck.
Prove that both do exist. ;)

I started as a Christian, raised as a Christian, was baptized, blah blah.

As I got educated about biology and evolution, I started to wonder, "Why is it incompatible with creationism?" Yes, I am very aware of many Christians saying they have no problem accepting evolution but at that time, I did have a problem with it because I was a Christian fundamentalist that believed in creation. As I became aware of my sexuality, I wondered why it's a sin because it just felt normal and natural to me. As I wanted to become hearing, I wondered why God hasn't healed my deafness.

We all pondered, "Why do we exist?" and "Why do we die?" and so forth. Being a bookworm, I read everything on religions, New Age, and skepticism. I mocked at athiests and agnostics thinking that they're lost souls doomed to go to hell.

Anyway, as years went by and I became more educated, I thought Christianity was NOT for me and decided to abandon the Chrisitan lifestyle. Evolution made a lot more sense to me, intellectually. The Bible started to sound silly.

Being fascinated with the brain chemistry and how drugs can alter your thinking, I decided to experiment with mind-altering drugs (LSD, mushrooms, pot, etc). After few trips to the unknown, they literally made me realize that there is no "truth" whatsoever. It's all about perception. It got me very depressed. The trips were definitely psychotic... way psychotic! I finally understood why some religious people experience "oneness" and some other metaphysical expereinces.

However, a personal metaphysical experience does NOT make it true. For example, you may hear about people experiencing NDE. Those people are SO certain they spoke to God or saw Jesus or whatever. And what's so fascinating about NDEs you hear is that they are so alike, that you'd say, "no one can hallucinate about the same thing therefore it must be true." Now, that's a myth. Hallucinations can be the same across the populations. For example, LSD has consistently produced the same hallucinations that aren't found in other drugs. For example, PCP produces "warping" effects while LSD produces "melting" effects. LSD users often see inaminate objects come alive while PCP users don't see that. When your brain is starved of oxygen, it will cause hallucinations that are pretty the same among all populations. Lack of oxygen agitates the brain molecules enough that it can induce hallucinations.

When scientists inserted electrodes into brains of depressed patients, they get happy. Naturally, ethics prevent us from trying on different brain parts that affect our memory, our emotions, our "filter" etc but we know from research that damage to those areas change the personalities of victims dramatically.

Scientists also discovered that religious people had different brain activities than non-religious people. They scanned them with MRI to measure the activities and noticed some differences. Even prayer or meditation will induce physical changes. Guess what? It doesn't matter which religion a person belongs to, the effect is the same!

It's common for agnostics or nonbeleivers to become religious through traumatic periods. They want to believe their life is worth a lot more than just a pure existence.

If a person tells you, "I won craps and made $2000" and tells you that his system works, would you believe it? More than likely, yes unless you have a strong grasp of statistics and mathematical odds to know better. Yet, psychotic people have used them to prove something that's pure baloney. For example, The Bible Code is an example of how a psychotic author used math to "prove" even though it was already disproven and virtually useless. Scientists used the same algorithm to try the Constitution and the Constitution "predicted" Bill Clinton and 9-11 so it must be prophetic!

Selective memory is another factor that make us supersitutious or religious. For example, if a person prays that God heal his cancer and his cancer went away, he'll say, "GOD HEALED ME!!!" and many people, ignorant of statistics and science behind medicine, would quickly attribute to the healing power of God. But you know what? Most people did not know that cancers do spontatously go away and their religious beliefs make no difference at all. Muslims have praised Allah, Christians have praised Jesus, Jews have praised God for the healing powers. Atheists exclaim, "I'm so lucky!"

But if one gets cancer and dies, people are quick to forget the prayers asking for cancer to go away and move on. If you have a fever and you ask God to heal you, your fever goes away and you say, "God healed me!" but you're gonna be healed without praying as well. No athiest would proclaim, "God healed me!" and that lack of proclaimation is so easy to forget while a person SCREAMING God's praise is more memorable!

Psychosis is everywehere, we all expereince it.

I am aware of that but if you so adamantly believe there is no God or Satan, then I only ask you to prove that. I actually haven't found convincing proof of an Atheist's proof of the non-existence of God.

Please keep in mind that I am actually very neutral of the idea of God. My point was that neither side can prove it. Then becomes a toss up.

That's funny. When I studied the Qur'an, I felt free and saw things at a higher level rather than feeling "chained" and "enslaved". Maybe you're the one experiencing the side effects of misguidance. ;)

You think you're happy with your one life that you have but perhaps you may not realize the toll it has on society if everyone becomes non-deist. Actually, I want to introduce something controversial which I haven't yet proven. A theory: Religious people actually keep the world in balance and check. Yes, go shoot that theory down as hard as you want...

Been there, done that. Pretty worthless, IMO. Basically, the best thing about being an Atheist is the guilt-free consumption of all the forbidden things in this world. But really, it's such a big loss for something that's practically worthless in the long run. ;)

But it's all an if rhetoric question, isn't it?

As I got educated about biology and evolution, I started to wonder, "Why is it incompatible with creationism?" Yes, I am very aware of many Christians saying they have no problem accepting evolution but at that time, I did have a problem with it because I was a Christian fundamentalist that believed in creation. As I became aware of my sexuality, I wondered why it's a sin because it just felt normal and natural to me. As I wanted to become hearing, I wondered why God hasn't healed my deafness.

We all pondered, "Why do we exist?" and "Why do we die?" and so forth. Being a bookworm, I read everything on religions, New Age, and skepticism. I mocked at athiests and agnostics thinking that they're lost souls doomed to go to hell.

Anyway, as years went by and I became more educated, I thought Christianity was NOT for me and decided to abandon the Chrisitan lifestyle. Evolution made a lot more sense to me, intellectually. The Bible started to sound silly.

Being fascinated with the brain chemistry and how drugs can alter your thinking, I decided to experiment with mind-altering drugs (LSD, mushrooms, pot, etc). After few trips to the unknown, they literally made me realize that there is no "truth" whatsoever. It's all about perception. It got me very depressed. The trips were definitely psychotic... way psychotic! I finally understood why some religious people experience "oneness" and some other metaphysical expereinces.

However, a personal metaphysical experience does NOT make it true. For example, you may hear about people experiencing NDE. Those people are SO certain they spoke to God or saw Jesus or whatever. And what's so fascinating about NDEs you hear is that they are so alike, that you'd say, "no one can hallucinate about the same thing therefore it must be true." Now, that's a myth. Hallucinations can be the same across the populations. For example, LSD has consistently produced the same hallucinations that aren't found in other drugs. For example, PCP produces "warping" effects while LSD produces "melting" effects. LSD users often see inaminate objects come alive while PCP users don't see that. When your brain is starved of oxygen, it will cause hallucinations that are pretty the same among all populations. Lack of oxygen agitates the brain molecules enough that it can induce hallucinations.

When scientists inserted electrodes into brains of depressed patients, they get happy. Naturally, ethics prevent us from trying on different brain parts that affect our memory, our emotions, our "filter" etc but we know from research that damage to those areas change the personalities of victims dramatically.

Scientists also discovered that religious people had different brain activities than non-religious people. They scanned them with MRI to measure the activities and noticed some differences. Even prayer or meditation will induce physical changes. Guess what? It doesn't matter which religion a person belongs to, the effect is the same!

It's common for agnostics or nonbeleivers to become religious through traumatic periods. They want to believe their life is worth a lot more than just a pure existence.

If a person tells you, "I won craps and made $2000" and tells you that his system works, would you believe it? More than likely, yes unless you have a strong grasp of statistics and mathematical odds to know better. Yet, psychotic people have used them to prove something that's pure baloney. For example, The Bible Code is an example of how a psychotic author used math to "prove" even though it was already disproven and virtually useless. Scientists used the same algorithm to try the Constitution and the Constitution "predicted" Bill Clinton and 9-11 so it must be prophetic!

Selective memory is another factor that make us supersitutious or religious. For example, if a person prays that God heal his cancer and his cancer went away, he'll say, "GOD HEALED ME!!!" and many people, ignorant of statistics and science behind medicine, would quickly attribute to the healing power of God. But you know what? Most people did not know that cancers do spontatously go away and their religious beliefs make no difference at all. Muslims have praised Allah, Christians have praised Jesus, Jews have praised God for the healing powers. Atheists exclaim, "I'm so lucky!"

But if one gets cancer and dies, people are quick to forget the prayers asking for cancer to go away and move on. If you have a fever and you ask God to heal you, your fever goes away and you say, "God healed me!" but you're gonna be healed without praying as well. No athiest would proclaim, "God healed me!" and that lack of proclaimation is so easy to forget while a person SCREAMING God's praise is more memorable!

Sorry to break it to you, but it still does not disprove the existence of God. Actually, this can be very well be a justification to prove God's power. :eek3: ;)

netrox, THIS POST IS EXCELLENT TRUE!!!

May I add few words on this?

For explain, If prison officer put chain cuffs on imate and threw imate with it into small cell hole for 3 or 5 days. How can imate to bow to pray in small cell hole? you know impossbile for imate to pray in damn small cell hole to God like jesus walk and pray at privcay place without cuffs.

Result, imate would turn into hallication automatic while he in damn small cell hole for 5 days or a week.

PRAYER IS NOTHING ANSWER..

PRAYER WHICH MEANING BEGGER! it is plain and simple! :)

Im with you, Reba...........Im afraid i'll end up .......
:ugh3:
lol!

hahhaha, be like a firm tree. teehee, mesquite tree that is. winks. It's withstand the storms and Reba, got your drift. LOL winks

I am aware of that but if you so adamantly believe there is no God or Satan, then I only ask you to prove that. I actually haven't found convincing proof of an Atheist's proof of the non-existence of God.

This one says it well:

"When you get right down to it, the statement “you cannot prove a negative” is really just a different way of saying “You can’t prove me wrong because I don’t even know what I’m talking about.”

Of course you can’t prove that God doesn’t exist – no one even knows what God is supposed to be."

“You can’t prove a negative

Netrox, I do agree with your excellent post!

serval timesI had told in my own posts somewhere this forums against christians and I made the ugly label on them had mental disorder which the schizoprehnics and delusionals period! Because I had experinced myself into way that suffered from psycho irrational. I was in trace hallucinations made me realize how all people do have suffer from schizoprehnics/ delusionals like me.

But I beat it and under control it than exposed to effect the system in my mind is function... Because I don't let schizoprehnics and delusionals eat and control me from feet to head.. FYI: not easy!

what the list who has truly suffer from schizoprehnics and delusionals:

Racist
Homosexual
Religion
Prophet
sexual predator
Compulves Liar
Drug user
Depresser
Bioplar
Alcoholic
Rampant
Serial Killer

on and on....

Most psychedelics attend to see their psychoanalysis, they told their psychiatrists, saying there is something voices inside in their head to tell/ force it on with complex processes of thought its own.

Christians and Muslims have seriously mental problems, because they are so suffer from that schizo-delusional or disorder of the mind including psychoses, neuroses, and emotional maladjustments, etc period!

that's because they are aware of their need of God because of their weakness. On the other hand, if a person's life is perfect, it is easy to forget or ignore God. Too many people have been listening to "too perfect" psychologist's opinion. Keep it up, and you have giving them the rights to have a final sayso including the fact that they believe deaf people are incapable to write intelligently, when you can write intelligently in your own style, they just don't see it.

BTW, most christians know that if they hear physical voices, then there is something wrong. They know that sins separate them from God so they should not be hearing or seeing God, not yet anyway. But in spiritually sense, they just know God is directing them somewhere. God writes in their heart. And if something leading to to a direction that is not biblical (if it isn't in the bible) then they should watch out.

Last edited:
This one says it well:

"When you get right down to it, the statement “you cannot prove a negative” is really just a different way of saying “You can’t prove me wrong because I don’t even know what I’m talking about.”

Of course you can’t prove that God doesn’t exist – no one even knows what God is supposed to be."

“You can’t prove a negative

Again, I understand that. Let's assume that God is the one described in a holy book (Torah, Bible, Qur'an) and that would be the only "defense" proof coming from a believer. All I ask you is to prove the Torah wrong by explaining how God does not exist.

I'm also sure you are familiar with Descartes' philosophical approach to God.

If I think of God, God exists.
I am thinking of God.
Therefore God exists.

But that's similar to religious psychosis, isn't it? ;)

Another school of thought (which makes it difficult to prove God's existence) which me and my friends have discussed is the so-called "box theory". If God exists outside of the universe, then we would never see God. We do not see God right now, so apparently God does exist outside of the universe. Another approach is that of an analogy. Tom made a box enclosed with all of that person's creation inside and then takes his distance. Momentarily Jennifer sees the box and approaches it. Can Jennifer prove that that Tom did or did not make the box? We pretty much arrived at the conclusion that we wouldn't know for sure. So basically we can't prove (or can't not prove) that God made the universe.

But more than often, I do not know why I bother arguing for or against God's existence since in the holy books, God has already explained that it would be impossible to understand God. So we have to go by the assumption that God does exist. And as I have said earlier, there are plenty of justifications for believing than not believing.

Don't forget:

If God doesn't exist, then I don't exist either.

While I understand that idea, how is it any different from:

"If God doesn't exist, then we exist."?

You're just forcing parameters on our existence.

While I understand that idea, how is it any different from:

"If God doesn't exist, then we exist."?

You're just forcing parameters on our existence.

Then we just made ourself a god.

really, it doesn't compute. things just don't appear out of nothing. When I say nothing I mean No gas, no molecules, no universe. Just pure blackness. Wait, there would be no blackness or light either.

You're right. That's how I was.

I was raised with parents who were very religious.

They weren't very religious when they were in their 20s.

When they entered their 30s, they became more involved with the church... activities, classes, etc. I began to be more involved as well. I joined a couple children church groups.

When they entered their 40s, they became more religious. My dad became a teacher at his church. My parents would host church meetings at their house. I continued to go to church and was involved with church camp, and so forth. However, that began to change when I finally graduated high school. I began to see things from a different perspective.

When my parents entered their 50s, I realized that during my adulthood... I had gone through a whole lot of random experience with a lot of different things that it helped me think from a broader perspective.

After all of this, I began to realize that religion is a belief that people have mostly due to what they were raised with or their decision to dedicate what they should believe in.

What you mentioned about drugs, I agree too. Everyone experiences things subconsciously. Know those dreams you have of people you don't know? That's because you've seen millions of people throughout your life and all of that is stored in your mind. Pieces of it is put together and form dreams. Sometimes, our minds develop obsessions with specific things when we don't really think about it. That's why hallucinations often appear to be similar to each other. For instance, a lot of people say that they saw Jesus and Virgin Mary in a dream or vision. Yet, they're described as being white. Were Jesus or Virgin Mary really white? They were from a place where everyone is dark-skinned. Oh yeah, they grew up in a society where Jesus is labeled as white... so their visions are distorted by that perspective.

As for prophecies, that's also how people see it. There are a lot of prophecies and they can be translated in many ways. If you were very good at using creative imagination for predictions, then anyone could translate them as the real thing based on what they go through. For instance, someone predicts the 9/11 incident. That person says something like "two shadowing monuments will face destruction by a known enemy in the sky". Okay, "two shadowing monuments" don't necessarily mean the World Trade Center. It could be two shadowing monuments at two different locations. It could be the Statue of Liberty, the St. Louis Arch, or the Washington Monument. In that case, it doesn't necessarily mean that both would be struck down at the same time, but at completely different times or days or years. As for "a known enemy in the sky", that could be translated as a hijacked airplane, a nuclear rocket, a normal rocket, an asteroid or meteorite, etc. Those are all considered known enemies. Prophecies aren't mentioned until a similar incident happens and someone happens to think about it... "... *gasps* It was foretold! OMG!"

That's why I think that religious psychosis is sometimes a problem when people go to far with their beliefs. :(

really, it doesn't compute. things just don't appear out of nothing. When I say nothing I mean No gas, no molecules, no universe. Just pure blackness. Wait, there would be no blackness or light either.

Just because we're ignorant does not mean we should bring God up to explain the unexplained. If you don't udnerstand, you're ignorant. I am ignorant of many things but I don't bring up something that's even more ignorant.

Quantum mechnics claim that it's possible for things to appear out of nothing. Don't ask me. Computers, nuclear weapons, and microwaves are invented thanks to the understanding of QM.

Also, who created God? Before anyone says, "God always existed." The energy has always existed as well. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp? It makes a LOT more sense to believe that timeless energy has created matter and this universe and over time, created planets, stars, etc and then finetune to support life and so forth than a God who created something SO complex out of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back