Religious psychosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
It seems that many religious people on this forum suffer from religious psychosis.

What is psychosis? Many tend to think that psychotic people are dangerous and violent but that's NOT what it is. Psychosis means, "loss of contact with reality."

Psychotic people can be highly intelligent and even know that they're not "normal" but they're so convinced they're right.

Religious people often claim that their God is speaking to them and they would not "reason" with normal intelligent people like me. They would rave about the gifts of God or Jesus or Mohammad but conveniently ignores the atrocities or contradictions by them.

If I say, "I went to the store this morning." and I later said, "I went to the store in the afternoon." That would be an obvious contradiction, right? Religious people would tell me that I am wrong because my two statements contradict each other but if the Bible says the same, they would look for ways to explain why the Bible is correct even tho one of them has to be wrong. It can't be both at once.

Virtually all people expereince psychosis, whether they know or not. I've had a few eposides yet I am very aware that they were totally illogical and irrational. I even had hallucinations. But those psychotic eposides made me understand how schoizprehnics and delusional religious people are. They just think they're so right in spite of lack of evidence or contradictions. No matter how rude or nice I am to the religious, they will remain psychotic when it comes to their faith.

If I say, "I went to the store this morning." and I later said, "I went to the store in the afternoon." That would be an obvious contradiction, right? Religious people would tell me that I am wrong because my two statements contradict each other but if the Bible says the same, they would look for ways to explain why the Bible is correct even tho one of them has to be wrong. It can't be both at once.

Then again, it all depends on what context it's all put in. You can say those two statements and it would still be true. You went to the store in the morning and in the afternoon. The only way it'd be a contradiction is if you deny the first statement and approve the second statement later (not sure how that works but... okay).

Virtually all people expereince psychosis, whether they know or not. I've had a few eposides yet I am very aware that they were totally illogical and irrational. I even had hallucinations. But those psychotic eposides made me understand how schoizprehnics and delusional religious people are. They just think they're so right in spite of lack of evidence or contradictions. No matter how rude or nice I am to the religious, they will remain psychotic when it comes to their faith.

Can you give me an example? I don't think I've ever gone through such a thing.

Sure. A mild and harmless psychosis that most of us have all the time... belief in God despite lack of evidence to support it.

I can think of one example. I had a friend who would be temporarily suffering it when he wakes up at the wrong time.

If you woke him up while he was deep asleep, he would be disoriented and not be who he normally was. For instance, he would sometimes yell at the person "What the fuck are you doing in my room? Respect my privacy!" Of course, he gave that person permission to wake him up if necessary, but he wasn't in that kind of reality when he woke up. As usual, his roommate was already aware of it and disregarded his comment as he walked out of the room or stood there for a few minutes. That guy would eventually come to reality and then sometimes realize what he did and apologize about it.

I do agree that there are people who suffer religious psychosis.

This is probably very common in elders, especially with my grandparents.

My grandparents have come to a point where religion is the only thing in their life and nothing else matters. Every year, my parents go to visit them for Thanksgiving and they come to visit my parents for Christmas. During each visit, they all always play cards. They have always used regular playing cards. However, that changed a few years ago. They began to believe that standard playing cards were tools of Satanism and if played, they would be playing against God. So, my parents had to start using different playing cards such as Rook playing cards or other playing cards that didn't incorporate the use of A, J, Q, & K and diamonds, clubs, hearts, & spades. As long as there are 52 cards, 1 to 13, and 4 different colors... they were fine. I also often played cards with them, but I was puzzled a few years ago when I was about to play and they pulled out the Rook cards. My mom whispered out of sight from my grandparents and explained why. So, I was like... "Oh boy."

In other words, u believe that 91 percent America people whom believe in God are :crazy: while 9 percent America people who does not believe in God are not :crazy:?
U do not have a degree to tell us who is crazy or not.

In other words, u believe that 91 percent America people whom believe in God are :crazy: while 9 percent America people who does not believe in God are not :crazy:?

For those who believe in God/Jesus are more wiser in the EYES of God than those who don't believe in God/Jesus.

I have seen some of schoizprehnics and delusional clients. One of them have opposise feelings. Normal person feels hot from the heater over 72 degree. A schoizprenicer turned the temper higher than 72 because he feels cold in the house. Turn the lights on everywhere in the house to prevent someone would watch him during the daytime. Hearing the voice in his ears. Saw my car were lights on. My car lights werent on. His visual, feels and hear were opposise from us.

He believes in spirit with God to stare at the wooden statue with his mind relax as yoga.

It signsof delusional (out of the space) in spirit with his eyes close with wooden statue.

Mental Illness people have a difficult to keep their faith with God. They are confuse and mixing in their inner feelings.

I have seen some of schoizprehnics and delusional clients. One of them have opposise feelings. Normal person feels hot from the heater over 72 degree. A schoizprenicer turned the temper higher than 72 because he feels cold in the house. Turn the lights on everywhere in the house to prevent someone would watch him during the daytime. Hearing the voice in his ears. Saw my car were lights on. My car lights weren't on. His visual, feels and hear were opposise from us.

He believes in spirit with God to stare at the wooden statue with his mind relax as yoga.

It signsof delusional (out of the space) in spirit with his eyes close with wooden statue.

Mental Illness people have a difficult to keep their faith with God. They are confuse and mixing in their inner feelings.

CyberRed said:
For those who believe in God/Jesus are more wiser in the EYES of God than those who don't believe in God/Jesus.

For those who believe in the oneness of God are wiser in the eyes of God than those who believe in the partnership of Jesus and God.

I totally agree!! and it dont mean they are crazy either, crikey!
Even people who are not religious can be psychotic too, so
what? Old news......

"In other words, u believe that 91 percent America people whom believe in God are while 9 percent America people who does not believe in God are not?"

I said virtually ALL people (including atheists) have psychosis. Belief in God is a common psychosis. We tend to be imaginative and sometimes imagination becomes "reality." Atheists tend to be a little psychotic about sci-fi... imagining a bit too much thinking that there are aliens or have developed conspiracy theories.

Not all 92% are :crazy:. Some of them are.

Netrox!!!!!!

It seems that many religious people on this forum suffer from religious psychosis.

What is psychosis? Many tend to think that psychotic people are dangerous and violent but that's NOT what it is. Psychosis means, "loss of contact with reality."

Psychotic people can be highly intelligent and even know that they're not "normal" but they're soconvinced they're right.

Religious people often claim that their God is speaking to them and they would not "reason" with normal intelligent people like me. They would rave about the gifts of God or Jesus or Mohammad but conveniently ignores the atrocities or contradictions by them.

Netrox, I do agree with your excellent post!

serval timesI had told in my own posts somewhere this forums against christians and I made the ugly label on them had mental disorder which the schizoprehnics and delusionals period! Because I had experinced myself into way that suffered from psycho irrational. I was in trace hallucinations made me realize how all people do have suffer from schizoprehnics/ delusionals like me.

But I beat it and under control it than exposed to effect the system in my mind is function... Because I don't let schizoprehnics and delusionals eat and control me from feet to head.. FYI: not easy!

what the list who has truly suffer from schizoprehnics and delusionals:

Racist
Homosexual
Religion
Prophet
sexual predator
Compulves Liar
Drug user
Depresser
Bioplar
Alcoholic
Rampant
Serial Killer

on and on....

Most psychedelics attend to see their psychoanalysis, they told their psychiatrists, saying there is something voices inside in their head to tell/ force it on with complex processes of thought its own.

Christians and Muslims have seriously mental problems, because they are so suffer from that schizo-delusional or disorder of the mind including psychoses, neuroses, and emotional maladjustments, etc period!

Last edited:
Prove that they "suffer" from it when they are simply "spiritual"?

No comment.

I'd be crazy to post in this thread. :dizzy:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually all the brilliant people who have profound influence on our thinking, education, technology, etc are often psychotic at times. Their writings often reveal their psychotic eposides.

Jesus was definitely psychotic... he wasn't consistent with his words, was convinced Satan was talking to him and all that. Of course, Christians would say Satan was real but the problem is that Satan is not real. It hasn't been proven whatsoever. Same with God.

So were all prophets... even as late as Joseph Smith... he was psychotic claiming to be recieving Word of God.

Yiffzer asked a good question: "Prove that they "suffer" from it when they are simply "spiritual"?"

I'd say that spirituality is an intellectual evaluation of religious psychosis.

Actually all the brilliant people who have profound influence on our thinking, education, technology, etc are often psychotic at times. Their writings often reveal their psychotic eposides.

Jesus was definoitely psychtic... he wasn't consistent with his words, was convinced Satan was talking to him and all that. Of course, Christians would say Satan was real but the problem is that Satan is not real. It hasn't been proven whatsoever. Same with God.

So were all prophets... even as late as Joseph Smith... he was psychotic claiming to be recieving Word of God.

Yiffzer asked a good question: "Prove that they "suffer" from it when they are simply "spiritual"?"

I'd say that spirituality is an intellectual evaluation of religious psychosis.

So are we rewording what it means to receive a vision or a call from God? ;)

You say that Satan does not exist and that were no proof to support the concept of Satan.

It's your turn: prove that Satan does not exist.
The same with God: prove God does not exist.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back