Bald Eagles are Dying in Utah. :(

I don't know what to say about the messengers that had to die with unknown disease or illness. That is really sad to know. I am praying that the messengers will get heal and try to carry on with their lives and to pass between our Creator and us. We need them. Our messengers are very important to our Native traditions in both USA and Canada.

I hope the scientist or the vet will try to solve what is wrong with them. :(

I don't know what to say about the messengers that had to die with unknown disease or illness. That is really sad to know. I am praying that the messengers will get heal and try to carry on with their lives and to pass between our Creator and us. We need them. Our messengers are very important to our Native traditions in both USA and Canada.

I hope the scientist or the vet will try to solve what is wrong with them. :(

I agree this very sad as DDT almost killed the eagles off and now this is happening . I bet is has to with all the oil spills and chemicals that being used today. Eagles eat fish and the ocean is just not clean anymore. The eagles are very important for the balance of nature too.

We have them here just outside Boston, I believe, on the whole, they are continuing to flourish.

We have them here just outside Boston, I believe, on the whole, they are continuing to flourish.

We have eagles here too but people are worried whatever is killing them could spread to other states. The scientists have no idea what is killing these beautiful birds . I saw an eagles flying with a snake in it bird beak, it was bring food for it babies. I just hope the cause can be found real soon and that is something that can be treated.

I hope they find out what happened and how to protect the rest of the eagles, soon.

I agree this very sad as DDT almost killed the eagles off and now this is happening . I bet is has to with all the oil spills and chemicals that being used today. Eagles eat fish and the ocean is just not clean anymore. The eagles are very important for the balance of nature too.
Utah is not near an ocean.

That's sad, hopefully the vets and scientists will find what's causing the death of Bald Eagles in Utah.

There was a simular issue here years ago where Deer were dying off to a mysterious desease, 100's of thousands were just dropping off like flies. Then there was a desease killing off oak trees.... Mother nature is playing a key role in this as well.

Mother nature???
Bats and bees and frogs are also disappearing. Notice that the vanishing species are more suseptible to man-made poisons than the other species. I wouldn't be surprised to see mass extinctions within our lifetimes.

Deer and Oak trees were an act of nature... nothing to do with man made stuff. Bees were due to cell phone/tv towers using microwave...yes.... but they are still trying to determine the eagles and being it is all over and not just in one place my suspecion is it is not something man made and more of something natural.

I agree with you on mass extintion.... when the sun goes out, it will take us 8 minutes before we know it has already gone out, then we are doomed. Nothing lasts forever and it has been burning millions of years now.

There was a simular issue here years ago where Deer were dying off to a mysterious desease, 100's of thousands were just dropping off like flies. Then there was a desease killing off oak trees.... Mother nature is playing a key role in this as well.

No Mother Nature is not going this. I would agree if the eagles got killed by a hurricane that Mother Nature had something to do with it. If there where an over population of eagle nature may try to balance it out, the eagles are almost dies out in the 60's from DDT that was being used so widespread so this very sad to see the eagles dying all over again. The DDT made the eggs weak so when the eagle sat on her eggs they would break before could hatch. :(

No Mother Nature is not going this. I would agree if the eagles got killed by a hurricane that Mother Nature had something to do with it. If there where an over population of eagle nature may try to balance it out, the eagles are almost dies out in the 60's from DDT that was being used so widespread so this very sad to see the eagles dying all over again. The DDT made the eggs weak so when the eagle sat on her eggs they would break before could hatch. :(

ok wise up some, do some research before you go barking, its a natural occurance. Read up on the Deer issue years ago, the oak trees.... nothing to do with MAN ! I think whats going on with the eagles is natural because they have been protected for so long... HOW ABOUT BIRD FLU? Maybe the abundance of mosquitoes are taking a toll? Hmmm? Because there are more cases since the winters have been mild and the insect population is BOOMING ! Yes, its possible it could be something caused by man, but as scienctists say, they are not looking in one direction as they dont want to overlook anything. But you have to look back on other simular occurances, like the deer/oaks, there has also been man made disasters where seeds were coated and killed off alot of other birds as well that farmers were using. Being the Eagles are federally protected, I doubt its anything man made, The EPA would be all over that ( stuff is regulated as to whats allowed into what states and used for what porpouses) if its a Federally protected area due to eagles or other animals or even the area in general, its not allowed to be used. And being its not in just one area... well, Ill let common sense work its wonder for you.

Im not ruling out man made, but it sounds more of a natural cause. Like the deer, they just started dropping off, hunting was banned til it was under control. The Eagles, hopefully will stay healthy and overcome whatever it is soon.

Back