I lost a hearing aid...

oh your signature is interesting, how can you be Deaf and be a 'radical' dsability theorist at the same time? "normally" they are both at odds in terms of both theory and practice. Deaf dont like to be 'labelled' as disabled....

weird combination, any chance of a pic of your dog?

5854_117240878612_502618612_2367492_6639086_n.jpg

The $500 vet bill and xray prove that he did. *sigh*. He is a Mastiff/Chow Chow/Border Collie. He is massive and eats anything.

500 bucks just for an x-ray you have got to be joking, farkin hell...

lastly, at night time, I put both my glasses and HA in the drawer , away from my 2 siamese cats - they are not trustworthy when it comes to little frilly things laying about for them to play with...

oh your signature is interesting, how can you be Deaf and be a 'radical' dsability theorist at the same time? "normally" they are both at odds in terms of both theory and practice. Deaf dont like to be 'labelled' as disabled....

Because she got more than one issues going on.

I am absent-minded low vision Deaf person with mild nerve damage in the left hand. ;) Can you spot the the "disabilities?" What I call "disability" is separate from my Deaf personnel.

Jenny, your dog has such an adorable, innocent face. You can tell he thinks"who me?"

I have both a Deaf and disabled identity. Both very separate parts of me. I am not disabled because I am Deaf. Radical disability theory is more aligned with the social model and culture, much like Deaf culture. It is kind of the equivilant of big D Deaf for the disabled community. However, my primary identity is Deaf.

i know that, but i cant justify just for a 'photograph' using x-rays, - i hightly doubt its THAT expensive to run, i know they uses servo motor coils (was going to buy one cheap from an x-ray technican/electronic engineer to build a subwoofer - he knows what i do) but like modern x rays still consume alot of electricity but not as much as they did, and im sure the actual films for xrays is made in volumes for 'modern medicine' so it cant be exotically expensive. So afterward all, its just greed...but yup you're right vet bills arent cheap, its ridiculous, but then again not surprising when you factor in costs of training (vet degrees, etc) and then other 'hidden costs'- often is becoming more and more as a social class-based influence which to push lower class people away from pet-ownership i know this 'sounds stupid' but it isn't , just difficult to explain, but anyway i do agree vet bills is Expensive (capital E as emphasis).

Jenny, your dog has such an adorable, innocent face. You can tell he thinks"who me?"

If he wasn't so cute he would be dead :giggle:

This is my other boy...
2804_72960438612_502618612_1741969_1655665_n.jpg

His name is Marley. The one that ate the hearing aid is Bear.

I have both a Deaf and disabled identity. Both very separate parts of me. I am not disabled because I am Deaf. Radical disability theory is more aligned with the social model and culture, much like Deaf culture. It is kind of the equivilant of big D Deaf for the disabled community. However, my primary identity is Deaf.

but you're still disabled by society

The $500 vet bill and xray prove that he did. *sigh*. He is a Mastiff/Chow Chow/Border Collie. He is massive and eats anything.

Did the dog swallow the HA whole or in pieces? Will he need surgery? Can the HA or any part be saved so you don't have to spend $2500 on a new HA but repair/replace some parts?

Personally, I do not consider d/Deaf people "disabled". Nor do I consider blind people, diabetics, or even people like myself (I have epilepsy) to be disabled. Nor does the World Health Organisation. We have "impairments" - ever heard a person described as "hearing disabled" or "visually disabled"? No, of course not!

Personally, I do not consider d/Deaf people "disabled". Nor do I consider blind people, diabetics, or even people like myself (I have epilepsy) to be disabled. Nor does the World Health Organisation. We have "impairments" - ever heard a person described as "hearing disabled" or "visually disabled"? No, of course not!

Actually the terms "hearing disability" and "vision disability" are fairly widely used in government and education settings here in Ontario at least.

Did the dog swallow the HA whole or in pieces? Will he need surgery? Can the HA or any part be saved so you don't have to spend $2500 on a new HA but repair/replace some parts?

It seems electronics don't take kindly to digestion and stomach acids...no such luck for saving it.

Back