Safari-like parks

CatoCooper13

Reaction score
Safari-like Parks

I've been to a park called 'Werribee Zoo' -- one of three Melbourne Zoo's in Victoria State of Australia. The Werribee Zoo is an Open Range one -- ride in a half open bus through the natural habitats each animals live...for example, zebras, hippos, elephants, tigers, ostriches...even those cute meerkats!

Werribee Zoo

It's a fantastic zoo! If anyone is anywhere near Werribee, Victoria, Australia -- be sure to visit Werribee Zoo!

There's another place it's called 'Healesville Sanctuary' - a place where you can see different Australian wildlife and its flora and fauna. Can pet Red or Eastern Grey Kangaroo's! They're soooooo fabulous! :)

Healesville Sanctuary

There's another Sanctuary up in Queensland -- in Currumbin. It's a LOVELY and large one! I even got the chance to hold a KOALA! Awww...so adorable! ;)
Similar to Healesville, but with much more variety of animals.

Currumbin Sanctuary

Aww lucky you WaterRats13!

There's a Safari Park in Six Flags (3 Theme parks but seperate admissions) We were only able to drive around that...we weren't allowed to pet, feed, put our hands/arms outside of the vehicle. Sucks, doesn't it?

Originally posted by sweetgal154
Aww lucky you WaterRats13!

There's a Safari Park in Six Flags (3 Theme parks but seperate admissions) We were only able to drive around that...we weren't allowed to pet, feed, put our hands/arms outside of the vehicle. Sucks, doesn't it?

Yeah it does...I like to touch and pet animals..they're soooooo adorable...hey, I've attached a picture of me holding this adorable 3 year old Koala.

Attachments

• dawnkoala.jpg
    dawnkoala.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 62
only if i had the money! LOL.

I've always wanted to travel to Australia. I remember when I was in middle school, I knew this classmate who had to move to Australia because of his father's job and a year later, he came back to visit and he was telling me all about Australia and I became interested ever since.

Right now, I'm going to college very soon so maybe in 5-6 years I could possibly travel in Australia ::prays:: heh

Originally posted by sweetgal154
only if i had the money! LOL.

I've always wanted to travel to Australia. I remember when I was in middle school, I knew this classmate who had to move to Australia because of his father's job and a year later, he came back to visit and he was telling me all about Australia and I became interested ever since.

Right now, I'm going to college very soon so maybe in 5-6 years I could possibly travel in Australia ::prays:: heh

hahahha...well, I reckon I'll still be here -- if you do ever come around, seek me up and I'll be more than happy to be your personal tour guide! :laugh2:

Do u realise about the Deaflympics happening in Melbourne, Australia in 2005? U could try coming out then?! :)

Originally posted by ChelEler
:shock: :demand hubby to save money for us to fly over to Australia: :lol:
agree but i will demand my wife in the opposites !! lol .. not just for her but both of us !!!

Originally posted by knightwolf68
agree but i will demand my wife in the opposites !! lol .. not just for her but both of us !!!

Heh... it'll be more fun if we all four of us fly together! :naughty:

Originally posted by ChelEler
:shock: :demand hubby to save money for us to fly over to Australia: :lol:

:rofl: Well, when you DO come out to Australia, rest assured -- you will be guaranteed a good time here and sightseeing all the beautiful flora and fauna of Australia.
My next aim is to have a holiday and scuba dive around The Great Barrier Reef up by Brisbane, Queensland. :)

How much would it cost to go to Austraila? Hmm...how much did it cost you when you had to move there?

WaterRats13

awwww You are very lucky to hold Koala. I did hold an adorable cub lion in South Carolina. It was really heavy and thick fur. I wish, I could adopt him but it is illegally.

~ Sabrina

Originally posted by WildKaTReSS
How much would it cost to go to Austraila? Hmm...how much did it cost you when you had to move there?

Hi, Wildkatress -- it really depends on the sort of visa you come out here on. If Visitor Visa -- E-Visa, it's free for 30 to 60 days and costs of flights from USA to Australia...varies from where the flight originates from. (It cost me $700 for one way ticket from SFO to Melb in 1998). My mum recently came out here 2 months ago and she bought a return flight ticket for $900USD! That was pretty cheap!
I came out here on a Prospective Spouse Visa which cost me $769USD, then an additional $510AUD for the 2 year temporary residency visa. I'm currently on a Permanent Residency Visa which I got for free...the next and last step is citizenship and I have to pay $170, that's it.
Been living in Australia for nearly 5 years...2nd August will be exactly 5 years. :D

Originally posted by Sabrina
WaterRats13

awwww You are very lucky to hold Koala. I did hold an adorable cub lion in South Carolina. It was really heavy and thick fur. I wish, I could adopt him but it is illegally.

~ Sabrina

Thanks Sabrina, that was the only time I have held a koala since 2000. Three years now.. :( I wanna hold another one, heheh! The koala's soooooo cute, but they smell (not bad, but they smell strongly of eucalyptus - their main diet is on eucalyptus leaves)

Their fur's soft on the back, but on their bums, it's quite coarse from all that sitting down in the trees and sleeping! :lol:

*mumbles* i m jealous!!! i wanna hold the koala bear! hehehe! lucky you, but i ll get the chance to touch dolphins when i go on the cruise! :)

Hmm.. I check my.yahoo.com where I set up fare price..

Sydney, Australia for $1192.00 (US dollars) on round ticket. :eek2:

Originally posted by illustrator
Hmm.. I check my.yahoo.com where I set up fare price..

Sydney, Australia for $1192.00 (US dollars) on round ticket. :eek2:

Depending on when... when did you set it on?

Jeremy and I wanted to go there on the honeymoon but it's expensive so we wait for our renewl vows in 5 years.. like a 2nd honeymoon. Right now...Jeremy and I am planning on going to Townsend, TN Log Cabins Resorts for the honeymoon. We will be going in September 2004. Check that out www.timberwinds. com I think.. Ill post the right website later. :)

Back