What states are the cheaper place to live?

There's cheapest houses are in Kansas :eek:

Buckdodgers need move to Kansas because he love Fred Phelps.

EagleCherokee63 said:
Most time cheaper houses in Oklahoma and Arkansas.......

The entire southern coast (AR, LA, OK, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC) states are "right to work" states, which means that wages are lower than the national average. Oklahoma being the worst.

pek1 said:
The entire southern coast (AR, LA, OK, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC) states are "right to work" states, which means that wages are lower than the national average. Oklahoma being the worst.

Er...Oklahoma is nowhere near the coast... :whistle:

pek1 said:

I think Kansas is worst...

volcomskatz said:
I think Kansas is worst...

...and is that just because Fred Phelps lives there?

OR is it because of the wages there being lowest?

I'm sorry, I do hate Fred Phelps, but I think you seem a bit obsessed about Kansas and Fred Phelps.

stay away from michigan even around detroit too smile

waaaaayyyyy too expensive

Well, at least if you get thrown out of your expensive AZ house, you can always fry your eggs on the sidewalk!

pek1 said:

I agree with you! Oklahoma is the worst!

The southern states are cheaper to live because of the taxes properties...

Most likely in Oklahoma, Mississippi, Louisanna, New Orleans, Alabama, Florida...but Im not sure about Georgia..its kinda medium there...

About SC and NC - Well, Im not sure about that..I think maybe its medium not too expensive or cheaper.. :dunno:

pek1 said:
Actually pek1, these states you just mentioned aren't the only "right to work" states.

LOL, Tousi. Yeah, that will do the trick in that kind of weather.

Think twice before you move to the South. Many of newer homes, the affordable ones built in the South are poorly-constructed. The housing inspection/rules in the South aren't that good/strict compared to elsewhere outside the South.

Home builders in the South are building newer homes more quickly. This is because people keep moving to the South from elsewhere. I can tell you that there are plenty of unhappy homeowners, after finding their homes with problems after months and years.

Tell you this, I love California very much!!! They are awesome, the weather is so perfect. I wouldn't mind living in Los Angeles... Only problem I have is $ and that too many people love "El-Lay" and wanted to move and made them willing to pay more just to move there. Same with Hawaii, everybody wants to move there so therefore the housing there is insanely expensive!
But if you want to move to most boring location, you could buy land very cheap.

Here is true pro and cons, I prefer buy properties in "hot" spot than "cold" spot, know why? That way this makes me earn more money and throw money in my property, at same time the property WILL appreciate beyond you'd believe. When your ready to retire, your money is really in your property and you can sell it off and move to cheap location and live off that retirement investment outta of property sale that appreciates vastly. For example, if I decided to buy a property somewhere in california, and it would be 200,000 dollars, and I am making good money. 20 years later, I bet you that the same property for 200,000 will shot up to around 2 million dollars, and I could sell that and pocket 2 million dollars then move out to small cute house somewhere peacefully and cheap, say 100,000 dollars... That would leave me 1.9 million dollars for decent retirement.
The truth in history is that real estate has been generally the "BEST" investment anyone could invest!

Opal said:
On thing baffled me why its expensive to live in California such as San Francisco because of the earthquakes? Too much money on house insurance etc.

Two years ago, I caught 40 acres for 80 thousand dollars with new barn, 4 phone poles, and electricity. No water and septic yet. The stupid owner suggest that I must pay 50 percent of that land cost. Friend of my ex wife works in bank tried deal with the owner. But I lost the interest that I did not have money to pay 50 percent down.

I might find to live west of my hometown. The lands in Wyoming are bit of expensive, but they have beautiful places to live there than city. :) My parent lives not far from my home is awesome and added many landscapes. My focus and goal to buy quiet and peace home on mountain just west of my town. I do have my growth investments importantly for my dream. I will sell my trailer. The sold of my trailer will toward my dream. I have secure job. My fincial seems much better than what I was in last Fall. My ex paid off the consideration loan recently.

I noticed Arkansas is cheaper than here. I was with my ex girlfreind there to look for the land. But humidy there sucks. I will never go back to Arkansas again. I sometime think about buying the cheap land there while I live here.

Last edited:
Yes, smart money I know little bit of real estate property. It is worth to know!

diehardbiker65 said:
Tell you this, I love California very much!!! They are awesome, the weather is so perfect. I wouldn't mind living in Los Angeles... Only problem I have is $ and that too many people love "El-Lay" and wanted to move and made them willing to pay more just to move there. Same with Hawaii, everybody wants to move there so therefore the housing there is insanely expensive!
But if you want to move to most boring location, you could buy land very cheap.

Here is true pro and cons, I prefer buy properties in "hot" spot than "cold" spot, know why? That way this makes me earn more money and throw money in my property, at same time the property WILL appreciate beyond you'd believe. When your ready to retire, your money is really in your property and you can sell it off and move to cheap location and live off that retirement investment outta of property sale that appreciates vastly. For example, if I decided to buy a property somewhere in california, and it would be 200,000 dollars, and I am making good money. 20 years later, I bet you that the same property for 200,000 will shot up to around 2 million dollars, and I could sell that and pocket 2 million dollars then move out to small cute house somewhere peacefully and cheap, say 100,000 dollars... That would leave me 1.9 million dollars for decent retirement.
The truth in history is that real estate has been generally the "BEST" investment anyone could invest!

FelixKat930 said:
Yeah.. I don't want to live in detriot.. bad crimee area!

oh yeah but lucky i don't live IN detroit but live outside but still expensive anyway

Back